maybe its been to long since ive played a chrash game haha
Message 21 of 89 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Re: Why is Crash so important?

Oct 6, 2012

1. The crash series has sold more units then any series represented in this game. Close to 10,000,000 more units then the current leader (Tekken) Nearly 20,000,000 more then 2nd place (Metal Gear) & Doubles 3rd place (Ratchet & Clank) It therefore has a bigger fanbase then any game with a rep currently in the roster and therefore his inclusion would please more people then any character in the roster.

2. Crash is really sony's only mascot. It's all very well saying for example that sackboy is the PS3 mascot but no one really associates the PS3 with sackboy in the same way they associated the PS1 with Crash. He is Sony's most successful mascot and for lack of a better way of putting it, he's the closest thing we have to a mario like figure. Ergo he is possibly THE most important character in sony's history and therefore deserves a place in a game celebrating Playstation more then any other characters.

Him being deserving or not shouldn't even be an issue. Crash should have made it in even if it ended up costing sony half of their profits from All stars.

Message 22 of 89 (165 Views)
Wastelander
781 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I do think people look back on them with rose tinted glasses. Sure they were good games, but they weren't the absolute epitamy of gaming excellence and quality like most people are making them out to be. I think because most people played them as a child they loved it so much more because it was so much more of a surprise to them to play a game like that, and that love stuck with them their whole life. If they had played those games when they were older, they probably wouldn't have loved them so much.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 23 of 89 (162 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Paramedic293 wrote:

I do think people look back on them with rose tinted glasses. Sure they were good games, but they weren't the absolute epitamy of gaming excellence and quality like most people are making them out to be. I think because most people played them as a child they loved it so much more because it was so much more of a surprise to them to play a game like that, and that love stuck with them their whole life. If they had played those games when they were older, they probably wouldn't have loved them so much.

I've been watching YouTube videos of the old crash games... Still looks crazy fun to me!

Photobucket
Message 24 of 89 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Oct 6, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:
Wasn't crash the 1st 3d platformer?

no it wasnt even mario64 came out 1 month before crash game and not even mario64 was the first, the first was some alpha game something

Message 25 of 89 (144 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Oct 6, 2012

pedro702 wrote:

stargateheaven wrote:
Wasn't crash the 1st 3d platformer?

no it wasnt even mario64 came out 1 month before crash game and not even mario64 was the first, the first was some alpha game something

We are talking about Playstation,dude and not about Nintendo.
Its PS All-Stars now.

Message 26 of 89 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Why do we have a  Bioshock rep.

Bioshock is more associated to the Xbox

Message 27 of 89 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 6, 2012

IzoGray wrote:
I personally think he is a dumb character. He has no depth to him and is just lame IMO.

Whatever though, I'm asking for Kat who's only had one game so I can't argue against him.

I can say that Kat is first party and should be 1000x easier to get in game. I'll keep saying that.

Parappa is soooo deep instead... Fat Princess too

Message 28 of 89 (138 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Oct 6, 2012

BkzUzi wrote:

Why do we have a  Bioshock rep.

Bioshock is more associated to the Xbox

Hes in to promote his next game on PS!

Message 29 of 89 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
81 posts

Oct 6, 2012
crash was more popular than any other playstation character in his ps1 days, its really not hard to figure out
Message 30 of 89 (117 Views)
0 Likes