Monster Hunter
31 posts

Re: Why i think Kratos is OP

Jan 6, 2013
I also play Sir Daniel, if you're having issues with Sly just try to see it coming and block ahead of time. Sly doesn't have much direct fighting potential, so he usually books it once his stun fails. If forced to fight him use a hail of projectiles, and if he gets too friendly with his parry button, throw him around like a sack of potatoes.

Daniel can't do much against Sly due to being outmaneuvered in most cases, unfortunately, just try to keep an eye on him as much as he's forced to keep an eye on you.
Message 11 of 18 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
637 posts

Jan 6, 2013
Ok. Is no one else having a problem with these parry spamming sly's? Why can they parry so fast back to back? Also, why does he get to teleport behind you when other peoples parries just react?
Photobucket
999 With Sir Dan! Seasons with Belt--Green: 4 Red: 2 Purple: 2 Brown: 1
Message 12 of 18 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Sly cannot roll, shield, or air dodge. these are the 3 most important defensive maneuvers a person has other than a counter. He is only left with a counter. If its not a good one... what does he have defensively?

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 13 of 18 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
637 posts

Jan 6, 2013
He received an invisible while using level 1 that is godlike.

As for defense: invisible, clock, bomb, no just parry over and over until your opponent attacks you...
Photobucket
Message 14 of 18 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
637 posts

Jan 6, 2013
But hey you guys wanted sly to be invisible I'm fine with making him block, but noooo he's gotta be able to stay invisible while activating level one. The only thing you see is a fat hippo running at you...
Photobucket
Message 15 of 18 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jan 6, 2013

You can see the sly while he is invis, and not being able to do the 3 defensive things i named it is balanced. you HAVE to watch him or that will happen, just like anyone else. hes not confirming his level one by doing that, do you let a fat princess walk up to you and use a level one? nah, and you can dodge out of the sly level one as well. and if you know you have a spammy sly, you have to make him respect your play by going around it. one is a grab. another could be baiting the parry by sendin out that head and shielding waiting for it. then punish

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 16 of 18 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Jan 6, 2013
I say it every time someone complains about a sly player: its hard to be good with sly.

He doesn't have reliable high AP combos. He has to capitalize on openings and then get out. If you look at his moves, most of them are actually semi defensive or movement/maneuverability based (counter, alarm clock, confusion smoke bomb, teleport, slide, and electric roll to an extent). A sly is supposed to play defensively like this. That's the point.

I kinda want to write a guide now
Message 17 of 18 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
506 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Exactly what Trashcrap said about Sly i agree with as a person who has Sly as a main. Also how did a Kratos OP thread turn into a complaining about Sly when that's how he's meant to play thread?

PS All-Stars Battle Royale Mains: Sly,Jak,Ratchet,PaRappa,Kat,Good Cole,Raiden.
Kingdom Hearts FTW!
Moveset ideas:Ty the Tasmanian Tiger-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Ty-the-Tasmanian-Tiger-moveset/m-p/39916477
Sora-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Sora-Kingdom-Hearts-moveset/m-p/39923329
Crash Bandicoot-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Crash-Bandicoot-moveset/m-p/40043417
Spyro-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Spyro-The-Dragon-Moveset/m-p/42628521

Message 18 of 18 (79 Views)
0 Likes