Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 06 2013
By: ryannumber3gamer Sackboy 503 posts

Why i think Kratos is OP

17 replies 230 views Edited Jan 6, 2013

Hi i'm typing this after getting beating by Kratos in a lot of quick matches so i'm going to go more into why i think Kratos is OP.

1.He has a mix of moves different characters has. He is able to pull off Nariko combos, Use a bow and arrow and spam with it like Jak and Ratchet can with their guns, and he has a charge move.

2.He has massive AP gain.

3.He can spam Square for a huge combo and get loads of AP. Tell me how many matches do you go into and find a Kratos doing almost nothing other than spaming Square?

4.Just a side note but before people come in and try to say ''Kratos does not have loads of AP gain and can't spam that much'' Well i have been in matches where a Kratos has gotten his Level 3 twice in the same match. 

5.Another side note but you better hope your not against a Kratos during the opening part of Stowaways because he can get loads of AP in such a small space since there is hardly any room to dodge.

6.People talk about Sly's Level 1 (Which i will admit is powerful and better than Kratos) but Kratos does have long range with his too.

7.He can use a chain that goes half way across the screen to grab a player. This is another example of him having another characters move since Parappa can do the same only his does not got as much range.

Anyway that's all i can think of right now. Honestly i don't know how people can say Sly is the only one who needs to be balenced when 1. Kratos and Raiden are way more OP than Sly.  Also people keep complaining about Sly turning invisible and using his electric roll but people need to think here that Sly can not block, and he can't even attack when invisible, what i mean is when he attacks he turns visible again. Also if people look carefully you can see Sly when he's invisible and you can see dust when he jumps and mega jumps.

PS All-Stars Battle Royale Mains: Sly,Jak,Ratchet,PaRappa,Kat,Good Cole,Raiden.
Kingdom Hearts FTW!
Moveset ideas:Ty the Tasmanian Tiger-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Ty-the-Tasmanian-Tiger-moveset/m-p/39916477
Sora-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Sora-Kingdom-Hearts-moveset/m-p/39923329
Crash Bandicoot-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Crash-Bandicoot-moveset/m-p/40043417
Spyro-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Spyro-The-Dragon-Moveset/m-p/42628521

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (230 Views)
Fender Bender
2535 posts

Re: Why i think Kratos is OP

Jan 6, 2013
Yea. A lot of people agree with your assessment, it's just that it's been talked about since people started playing. The topic has been beaten to death and the devs are currently looking to balance him and a couple other characters.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jan 6, 2013

I'm probably rank 2000+ on my kratos now, and honestly the only thing that I would say could be fixed is the angle at which his forward square can hit from, or allowing some sort of different tech out of it. The sq,sq,sq combo only does 40 super. Hardly amazing, when almost everyone in the cast can break 130 combos (and this includes kratos). The only other thing at the moment that needs fixing is the tech on sir dans level 3. Shielding and air dodging get you out of a forward square, and if you jump correctly you can just all together make it miss.

If the bad, spammy kratos players are upsetting you, dont move on into higher level playing.

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
637 posts

Jan 6, 2013
I agree, kratos is OP. however, not NEARLY as OP as a spamming parry Sly! He can parry your walking hand (sir Dan) and TELEPORT behind your back! When you attack him, he just spams party so he can never get hit. So cheap. They need to increase the time it takes to pull off a parry, or completely remove it from the game. Or make it like raiden's or narikos, where it doesn't teleport.
Photobucket
999 With Sir Dan! Seasons with Belt--Green: 4 Red: 2 Purple: 2 Brown: 1
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (187 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jan 6, 2013

PinaChronic wrote:
I agree, kratos is OP. however, not NEARLY as OP as a spamming parry Sly! He can parry your walking hand (sir Dan) and TELEPORT behind your back! When you attack him, he just spams party so he can never get hit. So cheap. They need to increase the time it takes to pull off a parry, or completely remove it from the game. Or make it like raiden's or narikos, where it doesn't teleport.

Grab.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jan 6, 2013
Kratos has horrible supers, in my opinion, which balances out the massive combos and AP gain. His level 1 is pretty worthless if you stay in the air a lot, his level 2 won't get more than 1-2 kills if anyone is paying attention to him, and his level 3 is relatively easy to dodge so long as you keep your distance.

I rarely see his level 3 get more than 3 kills, if even that. The only real place he shines are on small maps such as Dojo, and maybe Columbia.

Basically, the only reason Kratos manages to dominate is due to nobody knowing how to dodge or otherwise avoid being caught in his supers. Very few Kratos actually know how to play him, and just prey on the weak for free points. He's pretty overrated.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
637 posts

Jan 6, 2013
He's on the other side of a map, can't really grab him that far away. So then he parries your fire potion or walking hand and BOOM he's behind you
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jan 6, 2013

If you are a daniel playin a sly, those are 2 attacks you should NEVER uses, because its a free parry. thats just something you have to learn

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
637 posts

Jan 6, 2013
Just don't think sly's parry should be like that. It should be a parry, not a teleport and parry. And almost every sly I play against spams one button over and over and over and over: CIRCLE.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
371 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Why I think Kratos is a piece of shhh-... In this game. :smileyvery-happy:

Lol, I like the God of War games, but Kratos in this game, he can go and deepthroat Raidens c**k.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (152 Views)
0 Likes