Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Re: Why everybody think Sackboy is useless?

Jan 16, 2013

Sackboy is NOT useless!!!!!! i discover new tactics i can use together with comboes with him every day!!!!!

My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 11 of 26 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jan 16, 2013

KLMN76 wrote:

Sackboy isn't useless, however I really feel that he's a little awkward to play after the patch. His moveset is very runaway and zoning based, most people online still try to play him this way too. He just doesn't have the best melee options and maybe the only chracter that doesn't have an attack that gains 30 AP on it's own (except for the fully charged rocket).

He does have a 30 AP attack, the reflect pad (Down Square.) Also has some pretty deadly AP burst which he can use on anybody that isn't paying attention to him.

The only real issue with Sackboy is that his bread and butter combo (Square, Square, Up Square, Forward Triangle, Circle) doesn't work on small characters like Toro or PaRappa. In my experience he also has a bit of trouble initiating combos on fast melee characters with range like Nariko or Kratos.

Message 12 of 26 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Jan 16, 2013
Dang forum ate my post Smiley Sad Well I'll come back later and say what I have to say.
Message 13 of 26 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Jan 16, 2013
ah, I forgot about the reflect pad. I also agree that he has some great AP bursts, my favorite corner combo is Forward T, Down C, up T, Up S, Up S , S.
" Everybody following their heart; that's a loser's strategy"
-Seth Killian
Message 14 of 26 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Jan 16, 2013

dunboody wrote:

I think he's a great character. Can you tell me more about that AP burst combo with the teleporter and fan? And, also, how does he completely nullify Evil Cole's giga punch? Is it with the bounce pad shield?

This is kind of a general reply:

Well the combo I am still working out some kinks, I can get every part but the very last hit, and out of the 50+ times I managed to do it twice. There are easy teleporter combos though, but so far I only made like 5. As for what nullifies the giga punch, up circle.

@Danny Lol I met you in a quick match where I was Spike and you were Sackboy. Too bad I didn't see you use him though since I lagged out, Oh yeah and you called me a stalker Smiley LOL

As for the rest, I am a Sackboy main and probably spend the most time in the practice room with him, and spend a lot of time in 1v1s, 2v2s, and FFAs. I know probably the most combos with him, and even I have to say he needs a buff. Why every combo does not work on every character totally makes me mad. Try doing a mid screen burst without the teleporter on Toro and Jak, only 1 works but you have to be at a certain distance from them. And his jam I only use it at specific times, but 10 ap is crap. 15 would make it more useful, does not even have to reach 20. Sackboy has his strengths, but he also has many things going against him, but still he is not useless because of his options.

Message 15 of 26 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Jan 16, 2013
I haven't heard anyone call sackboy useless, maybe not as useful as other characters..... But useless? Never.
Message 16 of 26 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

Well... I can usually hit level 3 with 1 minute left on the clock... but he does have several useless skills. Looking at you Jelly... why they would do that to Jelly is beyond me.
Spammers usually use cakes anyways..............
*Cake spammers can usually hit level 3 within the last 10-20 seconds. Ran into a ?Brown? belt a good while ago that just spammed cakes.

Message 17 of 26 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Jan 16, 2013
@Ginta oh yea I totally forgot I met you in a quick match it would of been a blast to fight against a fellow forumer
Message 18 of 26 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Sackboy is in no way a bad character. However, he has too many flaws. Like you said his jam was made virtually useless. Something i would like to point out is that right now Sacboy has the AP meter of a rush down character like Raiden, Kratos, FP. The characters I mentioned all have one thing in common, they can gain AP very quickly. Unfortunately Sackboy doesn't gain Ap quickly. So by giving him 150 ap your Level 3 is no longer a viable option. I wouldn't mind this ap meter If Sackboy still had PRACTICAL Ap burst combos that worked on every character.

In my opinion, even prior to the nerf sackboy was never a huge threat. All you had to do was pay attention to him and you could halt his AP gain. To be honest all superbot had to do to nerf Sackboy was to make his level 3 like Dante's in the sense that you don't spawn back in trapped.
Message 19 of 26 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Jan 17, 2013

PeroDag wrote:
Sackboy is in no way a bad character. However, he has too many flaws. Like you said his jam was made virtually useless. Something i would like to point out is that right now Sacboy has the AP meter of a rush down character like Raiden, Kratos, FP. The characters I mentioned all have one thing in common, they can gain AP very quickly. Unfortunately Sackboy doesn't gain Ap quickly. So by giving him 150 ap your Level 3 is no longer a viable option. I wouldn't mind this ap meter If Sackboy still had PRACTICAL Ap burst combos that worked on every character.

In my opinion, even prior to the nerf sackboy was never a huge threat. All you had to do was pay attention to him and you could halt his AP gain. To be honest all superbot had to do to nerf Sackboy was to make his level 3 like Dante's in the sense that you don't spawn back in trapped.

I would actually be ok with that, and like I said, he isn't useless or a bad character, but he does have many, many flaws. Just fix the 2 problems I have and I'll feel right at home, and those aren't even big fixes, but they will help me greatly.

Message 20 of 26 (56 Views)
0 Likes