Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Re: Why everybody think Sackboy is useless?

Jan 17, 2013

His jam session is not completely useless, it's actually an easy poke tool. I mainly use it to stop people comboing or disrupting an level 1 super. In 2v2 it can really help your teammate if someone is setting up a super. 

What I noticed with the bread and butter combo, is that sack needs to be really close to a opponent to link the Up Square grapple. I don't know if it always works, but mostly I try to walk forward a bit to connect the link. 

Message 21 of 26 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Obviously the jam isn't completely useless, even I'll use it when trying to do certain things to my opponent, but I would use it more if it got a 5 ap buff.

As for the bnb combo, I tested it out and it simply does not work on characters like Toro and Jak.
Message 22 of 26 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7973 posts

Jan 17, 2013
I'm slowly trying to work on Sackboy. He's one of the only characters I'm decent at setting up combos with. After all, my two current mains (Sly and Spike) aren't very combo heavy. I personally like Sackboy post-nerf. His Lv 3 should be a challenge to get.

Currently Playing: Star Wars Battlefront, Heroes of the Storm
Twitch|Twitter|YouTube|Instagram
Message 23 of 26 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
889 posts

Jan 17, 2013
People feel that way cause they were fond of the getting level 3 with like 8 cakes. Sackboy can be played many ways . He can be played keep away, lots of combos, traps, or mixing all
Message 24 of 26 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Jan 17, 2013
i enjoy using sackboy i think he's fun, i just need to get better, as for fighting sir dan, if he tries to do a setup combo tech sideway or down, sackboy is small enough that he wont get hit unless on a ramp, bounce pad works wonders against sir dan, and dont rely too much on cake or jam when fighting a sir dan, its free ap for us, utilize your grab against us because our grabs are crap and the animations are slow, for the most part you'll outgrab us, dodge and block a lot and when in the air, do air dodges and avoid being in the range of our lvl 1
Message 25 of 26 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Jan 17, 2013
geez... I hope i dont regret posting that i just posted ways out of my main's tactics lol
Message 26 of 26 (49 Views)
0 Likes