Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 30 2012
By: khknight Fender Bender 4119 posts

Why doesn't good cole's alpha blast deflect projectiles?

[ Edited ]
7 replies 209 views Edited Nov 30, 2012

In infamous, you could use coles alpha blast to send projectiles like rockets and grenades back at who ever shot them.

In this game it does not have that effect, how come?

it only gives 10 ap and the knockback on players is very minimal. Its not useful to be honest.

Superbot should totally give coles alpha blast a deflect effect like sack boys fan.

So when people are shooting their cake and grenades, Good cole can alpha blast those projectiles right back at them.

Message 1 of 8 (209 Views)
Sackboy
437 posts

Re: Why doesn't good cole's alpha blast deflect projectiles?

Nov 30, 2012

No way we can know the reasoning behind every move... In J&D the peace maker is a ridiculously good gun. In PSABR it just stunns and gives minimal AP.  It's just the choice they made.  I do think it'd be cool to give that affect though.  Definitely no need to buff up the ap for it though.

Message 2 of 8 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4119 posts

Nov 30, 2012

tippy78 wrote:

No way we can know the reasoning behind every move... In J&D the peace maker is a ridiculously good gun. In PSABR it just stunns and gives minimal AP.  It's just the choice they made.  I do think it'd be cool to give that affect though.  Definitely no need to buff up the ap for it though.

totally agreed, an ap buff would be unnecessary

the knockback effect is all it really needs

Message 3 of 8 (192 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Nov 30, 2012
Evil Coles alpha blast has a knock back effect and gives more ap too. Good Coles neutral circle will absorb projectiles but either I need more practice with it or I find sloppy and hard to time to use.

My beef with the Coles are how easy his level one is cancelled and how little range it has. Other than that both are pretty legit

Message 4 of 8 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 30, 2012
@Slapper, the thing is, the Cole's confirms are some of the easiest in the game.

And yes, that would be a great idea for it.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 5 of 8 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4119 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Fat_Slapper wrote:
Evil Coles alpha blast has a knock back effect and gives more ap too. Good Coles neutral circle will absorb projectiles but either I need more practice with it or I find sloppy and hard to time to use.

My beef with the Coles are how easy his level one is cancelled and how little range it has. Other than that both are pretty legit

freeze rocket or amp combo or  tar trap or gigawatt punch + level 1= insta kill

or just block an couter with his level 1

Message 6 of 8 (156 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Nov 30, 2012
That's what I do. Combo into freeze if they don't go flying is a sure kill. But sometimes they will jump out and cancel the super. It is what it is. This is only with G . Cole though
Message 7 of 8 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4119 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Fat_Slapper wrote:
That's what I do. Combo into freeze if they don't go flying is a sure kill. But sometimes they will jump out and cancel the super. It is what it is. This is only with G . Cole though

the block and amp combo strategy is better imo

i rarely use the ice rocket then level 1.

Message 8 of 8 (137 Views)
0 Likes