Reply
Nov 30 2012
By: khknight Fender Bender 4120 posts
Offline

Why doesn't good cole's alpha blast deflect projectiles?

[ Edited ]
7 replies 213 views Edited Nov 30, 2012

In infamous, you could use coles alpha blast to send projectiles like rockets and grenades back at who ever shot them.

 

In this game it does not have that effect, how come?

 

it only gives 10 ap and the knockback on players is very minimal. Its not useful to be honest.

 

Superbot should totally give coles alpha blast a deflect effect like sack boys fan.

 

So when people are shooting their cake and grenades, Good cole can alpha blast those projectiles right back at them.

Message 1 of 8 (213 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 07/20/2012
Offline
437 posts
 

Re: Why doesn't good cole's alpha blast deflect projectiles?

Nov 30, 2012

No way we can know the reasoning behind every move... In J&D the peace maker is a ridiculously good gun. In PSABR it just stunns and gives minimal AP.  It's just the choice they made.  I do think it'd be cool to give that affect though.  Definitely no need to buff up the ap for it though.

Message 2 of 8 (203 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/09/2009
Offline
4120 posts
 

Re: Why doesn't good cole's alpha blast deflect projectiles?

Nov 30, 2012

tippy78 wrote:

No way we can know the reasoning behind every move... In J&D the peace maker is a ridiculously good gun. In PSABR it just stunns and gives minimal AP.  It's just the choice they made.  I do think it'd be cool to give that affect though.  Definitely no need to buff up the ap for it though.


totally agreed, an ap buff would be unnecessary

the knockback effect is all it really needs

 

Message 3 of 8 (196 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/30/2012
Offline
1025 posts
 

Re: Why doesn't good cole's alpha blast deflect projectiles?

Nov 30, 2012
Evil Coles alpha blast has a knock back effect and gives more ap too. Good Coles neutral circle will absorb projectiles but either I need more practice with it or I find sloppy and hard to time to use.

My beef with the Coles are how easy his level one is cancelled and how little range it has. Other than that both are pretty legit

Message 4 of 8 (168 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/30/2012
Offline
1660 posts
 

Re: Why doesn't good cole's alpha blast deflect projectiles?

Nov 30, 2012
@Slapper, the thing is, the Cole's confirms are some of the easiest in the game.

And yes, that would be a great idea for it.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 5 of 8 (161 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/09/2009
Offline
4120 posts
 

Re: Why doesn't good cole's alpha blast deflect projectiles?

Nov 30, 2012

Fat_Slapper wrote:
Evil Coles alpha blast has a knock back effect and gives more ap too. Good Coles neutral circle will absorb projectiles but either I need more practice with it or I find sloppy and hard to time to use.

My beef with the Coles are how easy his level one is cancelled and how little range it has. Other than that both are pretty legit


freeze rocket or amp combo or  tar trap or gigawatt punch + level 1= insta kill

 

or just block an couter with his level 1

Message 6 of 8 (160 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/30/2012
Offline
1025 posts
 

Re: Why doesn't good cole's alpha blast deflect projectiles?

Nov 30, 2012
That's what I do. Combo into freeze if they don't go flying is a sure kill. But sometimes they will jump out and cancel the super. It is what it is. This is only with G . Cole though
Message 7 of 8 (146 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/09/2009
Offline
4120 posts
 

Re: Why doesn't good cole's alpha blast deflect projectiles?

Nov 30, 2012

Fat_Slapper wrote:
That's what I do. Combo into freeze if they don't go flying is a sure kill. But sometimes they will jump out and cancel the super. It is what it is. This is only with G . Cole though

the block and amp combo strategy is better imo

 

i rarely use the ice rocket then level 1.

Message 8 of 8 (141 Views)
Reply
0 Likes