Feb 27 2013
By: lxhizy Hekseville Citizen 386 posts

Why do people suddenly want Nariko nerfed?

10 replies 249 views Edited Feb 27, 2013

I've seen many people saying that she should be nerfed, specially her best moves and her level 3, and I have to ask why?

She is perfectly balanced and she is actually what Kratos should be as well, she's not weak I know, and her level 3 is godlike, but there is a reason of why her level 3 is so good, because her level 1 and 2 are terrible... you can get kills with her level 1 in all vs all, but it's unviable on 1vs1 and so is her level 2.

Most of her moves are VERY punishable if you avoid/guard them and her combo starters are unsafe as well, just learn to punish her, you'll see she's not as good as you thought

oh and her AP gain is not the best one in the game...

Message 1 of 11 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

Re: Why do people suddenly want Nariko nerfed?

Feb 27, 2013

My best guess is that her shirld toss move is a move that can be short hopped, meaning if it's preformed in the air low enough to the ground, she can act again as soon as she touches the ground. Drake and Ratchet are also guilty of abusing this kind of strategy. It really cheapens the move and destroys the whole point of giving the move recovery time. I think if you're gonna nerf her (and everyone else for that matter), have cooldown time from her shield toss (and Ratchet's Plasma Shots, Spike's Stun Cannon, Drake's everything, etc.) migrate to her landing.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 11 (233 Views)
Gaming Beast
1781 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

Right now, one thing about Nariko that definitely needs to be nerfed is her counter. It's just like Sly's; no recovery time so it's easily spammable. Compared to Kratos', Dante's, and especially Heihachi's counters, it's unreasonably hard to punish.

Also, yeah, I think it's mostly her shield that needs nerfing. Her cannon is okay because if Nariko does it in the air, the recovery on the move still remains when she hits the ground. But that's not true for the shield, allowing it to be easily spammed. That move wouldn't be spammed if its recovery remained after she landed.

Oh, and it gives TWENTY AP? Just as much as her cannon, which is much slower, has less range, and much more recovery? No wonder people keep spamming it; that move definitely needs a nerf.

Message 3 of 11 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Feb 27, 2013

I agree with the shield toss, it is one of the best projectiles on the game imo, and as a Nariko player you should spam it as much as possible, if you're going to nerf her nerf that move... but let's remember it's also the only way she can get a kill confirm with her level 1.

Message 4 of 11 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Feb 27, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

Right now, one thing about Nariko that definitely needs to be nerfed is her counter. It's just like Sly's; no recovery time so it's easily spammable. Compared to Kratos', Dante's, and especially Heihachi's counters, it's unreasonably hard to punish.

Sly's counter is much better than Nariko's, but yes, Nariko's is better than most counters on the game

Message 5 of 11 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9964 posts

Feb 27, 2013
Some people just want to watch the world burn.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 6 of 11 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Feb 27, 2013

ive all ways thought she should  be nerfed for months

Message 7 of 11 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Feb 27, 2013
"but there is a reason of why her level 3 is so good, because her level 1 and 2 are terrible..."
That's what people used to say about Sackboy- but look a him now...
Nariko's level 3 lasts waaaaay too long and you can even EXTEND it a few seconds after it is supposed to end.
Message 8 of 11 (169 Views)
Splicer
61 posts

Feb 27, 2013
nariko does not need nerfed or buffed, just leave her the way she is
[img src=Photobucket;]
Message 9 of 11 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

Feb 27, 2013
she's fine, they need to stop complaining
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 10 of 11 (156 Views)
0 Likes