May 23 2013
By: Alex_pagan13 Hekseville Citizen 297 posts
Accepted Solution

Why do people say Big Daddy is not an All-Star?

9 replies 210 views Edited May 23, 2013

I'm just saying why?

Message 1 of 10 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3750 posts

Re: Why do people say Big Daddy is not an All-Star?

May 23, 2013

because he isn't a playstation exclusive and doesn't have much to do with playstation (I may be wrong, if so please enlighten me).

Universal Notation: n=neutral f=forward b=backward u=up d=down 1=square 2=triangle 3=circle

Message 2 of 10 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1754 posts

May 23, 2013
From what I heard the developers of Bioshock prefer Sony over Microsoft, maybe Big Daddy in the game is their way of saying "we love Sony".
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2mx350z.png[/IMG]
Message 3 of 10 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9937 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013
Because Bioshock isn't PS exclusive, and actually started out on Xbox.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 4 of 10 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

May 23, 2013
I think some people are a bit snobbish towards characters they feel aren't allstars. The way I see it is if they were a part of playstation history at all, they are allstars. (within reason) Without each and every character in the playstation lifespan, there would be no Playstation nowadays. The diversity makes playstation great.

Big Daddy and Isaac and whoever else have played big parts in the playstation's history, and I truly am happy about their inclusion in this game Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 10 (186 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

May 23, 2013

I agree MckConor plus didn't Bioshock start getting PS Exclusive DLC when it came out on PS3?

Message 6 of 10 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3750 posts

May 23, 2013

I also think that it is because this games biggest rival is smash which uses nintendo's franchises almost entirely.  Now since Nintendo is mainly know fortheir first party games this works, but people expect PSAS to do the same.  The problem with tbat is that playstation is and always has been more abkut third party games mixed wth some great third party games.  Most people will ignore this tbough and expect it to go the smash route.  Obviously there are limits to how far they should take this (mainly use the profagonists from the games unless the character is extremely important to the franchis/game, eg Elizabeth from )nfinite 

MckConor wrote:
I think some people are a bit snobbish towards characters they feel aren't allstars. The way I see it is if they were a part of playstation history at all, they are allstars. (within reason) Without each and every character in the playstation lifespan, there would be no Playstation nowadays. The diversity makes playstation great.

Big Daddy and Isaac and whoever else have played big parts in the playstation's history, and I truly am happy about their inclusion in this game Smiley Happy

Universal Notation: n=neutral f=forward b=backward u=up d=down 1=square 2=triangle 3=circle

Message 7 of 10 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

May 23, 2013

The reason is because Bioshock was originally a timed exclusive for the 360, and wasn't on the PS3 for a good year or so.

However, since that time, Bioshock gained exclusive DLC and Ken Levine seems to be more open to Sony than Microsoft these days. Hell, Ken Levine seems to have practically begged Sony to put BD in, and who are we to argue when the developer personally requests their own character? Smiley Tongue

In addition, Bioshock is a major current gen franchise. Anyone arguing that BD isn't an All-Star clearly didn't see the HUGE positive response to Infinite's release. Bioshock is a major franchise + it has been on a Sony console + the developer was keen = BD deserves his place.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 8 of 10 (161 Views)
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

May 23, 2013

Ilexyellowdog wrote:

I also think that it is because this games biggest rival is smash which uses nintendo's franchises almost entirely.  Now since Nintendo is mainly know fortheir first party games this works, but people expect PSAS to do the same.  The problem with tbat is that playstation is and always has been more abkut third party games mixed wth some great third party games.  Most people will ignore this tbough and expect it to go the smash route.  Obviously there are limits to how far they should take this (mainly use the profagonists from the games unless the character is extremely important to the franchis/game, eg Elizabeth from )nfinite 

This argument falls apart when the most requested characters are almost all third party (Crash, Cloud, Lara, etc.) Smiley Tongue

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 9 of 10 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9937 posts

May 23, 2013
But Playstation does have quite a few interesting first party characters that were missed opportunities. I wish it would've had more characters that were less focused on advertising.

I know that PS is known for it's work with third party developers, but it would've been nice to have characters that actually were associated with Sony in a meaningful way. Right now, Heihachi is the only third party rep that I feel really earned his place in the game.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 10 of 10 (152 Views)
0 Likes