Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: Why do people call the new Dante emo?

Oct 13, 2012

theESC wrote:

emo

actually there i can see the similarity A LOT, new dnate just needs to gain some muscle or weight and he will look just like old dante (besides the hair)

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 41 of 54 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Oct 13, 2012
DMC 1-4 were good games for they're time but I didn't find them funny at any point..and I never really liked Dante..

but in the Reboot I can see Dante becoming one of my favorites.
 photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 42 of 54 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Oct 13, 2012
People still complain about the smoking? They took it out though, and I guess I will admit as well, the old games didn't make me laugh, but New Dante got me to laugh a few times.
Message 43 of 54 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:
People still complain about the smoking? They took it out though, and I guess I will admit as well, the old games didn't make me laugh, but New Dante got me to laugh a few times.

^

photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 44 of 54 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Well, New Dante IS pretty emo, the trick is 1) to know the difference between 'Emo' and 'Goth', they are similar but different, and 2) to understand that emo doesn't necessarily equal bad; it's just his chaarcter after all.

I liked old Dante for what he was, i'll miss him, but i'm open to a new direction, will have to play it some more before I decide if I like it.

Message 45 of 54 (278 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Message 46 of 54 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Oct 13, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Fretless94 wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

Fretless94 wrote:

They call him emo because his personality is different. Old Dante is a fun-loving party animal, while New Dante isn't.

We don't know that yet.

Personally I think the whole 'lol hes emo' people are just jumping on a bandwagon without putting rational thought into something. They probably haven't seen most of the new trailers and go on what other people say.

Also, LIIIIIIIGHT

New Dante isn't as lighthearted and fun-loving as Old Dante, that's pretty much a fact.

Dante's in an opera house, so he knows to ham up his acting. It's goofy and he knows it. What would New Dante do? Probably what he always does.

isnt new dante just starting out? Hes probably not as strong as old dante so he cant take things as a joke, as he gets older im sure he will

except it's not the same dante... it's a different universe.  the new dante is just having an identity crisis because the developers didn't know how to handle all of the justified backlash from the dmc fans. so they tried to accommodate some things from the old series into the new one. in other words, it's crap.

but.. if you keep reading you'll notice that this is my signature.
Message 47 of 54 (265 Views)
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Fretless94 wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

theESC wrote:

emo

A-The first one isn't even an actual character design for DMC. Its just side fanart.

B-That's the old design. Didn't you notice that his face has DRASTICALLY changed since the initial sparks?

Doesn't change the fact that Old Dante looks like he could be a rock star, while New Dante looks like Robert Pattinson after a battle with crack addiction.

I think you mean New Dante looks like a punk rocker while old dante looks like Justin Beiber after a battle with steroid abuse. Smiley Happy

Message 48 of 54 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3150 posts

Oct 13, 2012
It's because gamers are idiots.
Message 49 of 54 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Oct 14, 2012

The-Neko-Sama wrote:

I actually do not. As I said in another thread, I dislike him because of what his personality has been shown as thus far, and how he was shown to act. However, I also freely admited that I could be proven completely wrong and have his game turn out completely well. One thing I will add that I did not say before, is that I actually do not mind his inclusion in this game, doubly so since there has been some rumor about a costume for him that is supposed to be old dante.
These two videos is what convinced me to not like him, and that I am still open to being proven wrong despite them:

I will also say again: I do not care about the change of his look, and I do not think he is emo (I know that is not what they are going for). What I am saying is that so far he just seems annoying to me, and seems a little too intended to be so (especially in that first video). I still await to see if my mind will be changed, because there is still other videos that look good, but  it has yet to happen.

Why does no one ever reply to me in most threads on this board? Honestly, I try to stay open for a discussion and nothing comes of it. Cat Tongue

I will say that I actually found Old Dante's jokiness and flair amusing (and Nero... I just don't see why people liked that much, but hey). The Opera house scene was one of the better ones, admittedly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laharl

Message 50 of 54 (220 Views)
0 Likes