Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: Why do people call the new Dante emo?

Oct 13, 2012

theESC wrote:

emo

A-The first one isn't even an actual character design for DMC. Its just side fanart.

B-That's the old design. Didn't you notice that his face has DRASTICALLY changed since the initial sparks?

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 54 (897 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Reply to mman1235's comment

"I dont think new dante is emo....never said that
I just hate his personality.
I dont mind the change of his looks but he just isnt as funny or even close to "funny" as old dante.
1st of all: dante never curses he may say once hell or something like that but he always finds a way to input a funny yet very rude joke. new dante just says in every freaking trailer to everyone "**bleep** you , **bleep** you , **bleep** yoooo" he isnt funny just stupid ><"

Actually in the anime, which is canon, Dante does curse quite frequently. Also we have only heard DmC Dante say **bleep** you

once... not "every freaking trailer" as you suggest. So unfortunately, that part of your reason for not liking his personality is an exaggeration.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 54 (889 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Oct 13, 2012

I don't like how immature he seems, the design isn't the problem its his personality. me and my friends are assuming it is just younger dante which would explain his immaturiy. also the thing that really annoys me is that now he smokes, I don't get the point in that

#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 54 (880 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 13, 2012

Asrael179 wrote:

Reply to mman1235's comment

"I dont think new dante is emo....never said that
I dont mind the change of his looks but he just isnt as funny or even close to "funny" as old dante.
1st of all: dante never curses he may say once hell or something like that but he always finds a way to input a funny yet very rude joke. new dante just says in every freaking trailer to everyone "**bleep** you , **bleep** you , **bleep** yoooo" he isnt funny just stupid ><"

Actually in the anime, which is canon, Dante does curse quite frequently. Also we have only heard DmC Dante say **bleep** you

once... not "every freaking trailer" as you suggest. So unfortunately, that part of your reason for not liking his personality is an exaggeration.

Twice. There was once during that one bit with the giant bug, and another when he wrote it on a clipboard. That's pretty much it though. Fanboys will always, always, ALWAYS find some stupid stuff nobody cares about to complain about.

To explain on smoking and mild personality changes; Ninja Theory was ordered to make a similar character who acted out differently. While Capcoms Dante acted out by wisecracking to cover up his emotional baggage, Ninja Theory's Dante acted out by doing what most Western rebellious kids do; smoke, and curse, to hide his emotional baggage. The change is merely in the tone set by the majority and the stereotypes given to us, but in no way reflects anything that detrimental to change.

Japan has always had an abundance of sarcastic, snarky wisecrackers who cover up emotional baggage. If you look at most current-day Western video game characters they have a tendency to smoke a lot, and curse like a drunken sailor. Don't believe me? Bionic Commando.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 54 (878 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Oct 13, 2012
I think he looks less emo than the original dante
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 54 (872 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Oct 13, 2012

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:

I don't like how immature he seems, the design isn't the problem its his personality. me and my friends are assuming it is just younger dante which would explain his immaturiy. also the thing that really annoys me is that now he smokes, I don't get the point in that

Im pretty sure they took his smoking out because of fan backlash...but im not 100% on this.

photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 54 (868 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
242 posts

Oct 13, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

theESC wrote:

emo

A-The first one isn't even an actual character design for DMC. Its just side fanart.

B-That's the old design. Didn't you notice that his face has DRASTICALLY changed since the initial sparks?

Doesn't change the fact that Old Dante looks like he could be a rock star, while New Dante looks like Robert Pattinson after a battle with crack addiction.

http://fretless94.deviantart.com/
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 54 (863 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 13, 2012

mman1235 wrote:
I dont think new dante is emo....never said that
1st of all: dante never curses he may say once hell or something like that but he always finds a way to input a funny yet very rude joke. new dante just says in every freaking trailer to everyone "**bleep** you , **bleep** you , **bleep** yoooo" he isnt funny just stupid ><

Actually i find new dante funny xD hes said some things that have made me chuckle, i never laughed at the old games :/ they were to cheesy.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 54 (859 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Doesn't change the fact that Old Dante looks like he could be a rock star, while New Dante looks like Robert Pattinson after a battle with crack addiction.

That's still the OLD design. Have you seen the newer design where his facial texture has drastically changed?

http://www.gamehoot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Devil-May-Cry-Reboot.jpg

Here's the old one.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1se7uDr751qhy911o2_250.png

Here's the new one.

It looks a lot less like the developer now. And now it looks like half of us on these forums. Except not me, I look like Johnny Depp from A Secret Window.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 54 (858 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Fretless94 wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

Fretless94 wrote:

They call him emo because his personality is different. Old Dante is a fun-loving party animal, while New Dante isn't.

We don't know that yet.

Personally I think the whole 'lol hes emo' people are just jumping on a bandwagon without putting rational thought into something. They probably haven't seen most of the new trailers and go on what other people say.

Also, LIIIIIIIGHT

New Dante isn't as lighthearted and fun-loving as Old Dante, that's pretty much a fact.

Dante's in an opera house, so he knows to ham up his acting. It's goofy and he knows it. What would New Dante do? Probably what he always does.

isnt new dante just starting out? Hes probably not as strong as old dante so he cant take things as a joke, as he gets older im sure he will

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 54 (857 Views)
0 Likes