Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: Why did YOU buy PSASBR?

Mar 30, 2013

always wanted this type of game, and even though i knew it wouldnt live up to expectations i bought it to support superbot and sony. 

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 21 of 36 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
543 posts

Mar 30, 2013
Mainly because of ssbb, sucks that none of my classic playstation characters are in it
 photo ak0mq_zpsbdfaa4d4.gif
Message 22 of 36 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Mar 30, 2013

I loved the live action trailers and when I was a little kid I always wanted Sony to do something like this, so I've waited all my life.

Message 23 of 36 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Because so many playstation characters i enjoyed the games of were in this. The idea of Drake, Kratos, Cole, Sweet Tooth, Sly, Ratchet, Jak, Sackboy etc fighting each other just got me going like a giddy schoolgirl.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 24 of 36 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Any game where Sackboy is a playable character. 

The LittleBigArtist
Message 25 of 36 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Mar 30, 2013
i picked it up cause i heard characters like Spike and Parappa were playable. they are now and forever my mains
Message 26 of 36 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
410 posts

Mar 30, 2013

I bought it becuase of Smash bros & all the characters in the game..I love cross-overs and mash ups of any kind but this game was long over due....

Message 27 of 36 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Mar 30, 2013

I've wanted a game like this all my life.

Message 28 of 36 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Mar 30, 2013

basically Sony's version of SSB. i'm a Smash Bros veteran so i wanted to give this a shot. i enjoyed the demo and it was something different from my usual Rock Band. i enjoy the game, though the glitches really do get annoying.

Message 29 of 36 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Mar 30, 2013

I got PSAS for a few reasons actually.

To begin with I got my first PS3 last year before I heard about the game and then when I got word about it I decided I was going to get it because I just got my first Playstation system and so I wanted to use PSAS as a bases for what Playstation exclusives I would try out so as the game was coming out I was trying to get into as many of the franchises as I could before getting it because I wanted to be able to appreciate the franchises being represented and in the time I was waiting for the game I actually covered quite a few of the franchises, Starhawk was the first PS3 game I played before getting it cause at the time they had it on a stand at Gamestop and I loved it, I chose Infamous as my first PS3 game and that was cool, I played the sequel then I went and got into Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, the one hour trial of Sly 1 as well as the Sly 4 demo, a bit of Twisted Metal the list goes on, the 3rd party characters I was already well familiar with though except for Raiden because I never got to play MGS2 and I guess you could count the reboot Dante since his game wasn't out yet.

Another reason why I wanted to give this game a shot is because I actually like to experiment with games that try the Smash Bros. formula for themselves because I'm always curious to see how well they are, I give fan games the same treatment so I have played Ninja Turtles Smash Up which had some pretty stiff controls, it wasn't bad but I would love it so much better if the characters didn't feel like they were struggling to move while their legs are strapped to a ball and chain, I tried Cartoon Network Punch-Time Explosion which I think is hands down the worst game I've played this generation, and of course by the power of emulators I gained access to Battle Stadium DON, Dream Mix TV, and the two Shonen Jump brawlers on the DS and I've gotta say I had a lot of fun with Jump Ultimate Stars the moment I found out Bobobo-bo-bobobo was being represented and overall I think it was the best of the bunch if only because of the variety in what you can do with the panel management and the like. PSAS is actually really good and it's one of those brawlers that I feel is different enough from Smash Bros. to deserve it's own identity.

And finally since I was a 360 owner for quite some time and spent a lot of time in arcades, hearing that Bioshock and Tekken would be represented in this game got me really hyped and overall those two characters got me sold, but after expereincing the other franchises as the game was coming out I became hyped for Jak, Cole, Sweet Tooth and Ratchet, I didn't care for Kratos cause I hated his character and Nathan Drake while I loved his games I found his character to be really bland,

Message 30 of 36 (60 Views)
0 Likes