Highlighted
Feb 21 2013
By: Dewbore Splicer 45 posts

Why did PSABR "Fail"?

20 replies 531 views Edited Feb 21, 2013

Firstly im not trying to be an A-hole but im just expressing my opinion.

Why did a game like psabr fail? simple. Advertising and the fact that NO third party had any hope for superbot therefor not trusting superbot to use their characters(which is a big shame). Square Enix, Activision, Kojiima did not trust superbot. I really wish they did give a chance for PSABR becuz really that's the only thing that needed improvement, the roster. The gameplay was great, stages very cool and the story was decent for a fighting game! If they were givin the chance to get characters like Cloud, Crash, Spyro, and snake PSABR would have been such a better game in general! I dont think it was fair that sony abandoned superbot either...like **bleep** sony...it's your fault for the **bleep** advertisement and help! Why make a company to make a specific game and not back them up?! **bleep** sony....I rlli feel bad for the superbot team for losing many of their designers etc.

Message 1 of 21 (531 Views)
Fender Bender
4137 posts

Re: Why did PSABR "Fail"?

Feb 21, 2013

PSABR failed? Didn't know it did. 

#Reapers
Message 2 of 21 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Feb 21, 2013
The game is still doing good. They will also continue to add new stuff to the game.

An I missing something here?
Message 3 of 21 (521 Views)
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Feb 21, 2013
I think it was a success, i mean its sold Half a Million, and there are more characters coming out soon anyway.
Message 4 of 21 (514 Views)
Survivor
2456 posts

Feb 21, 2013
I wouldn't have trusted them either, look at how many glitches and bugs are in there game..
Message 5 of 21 (480 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1079 posts

Feb 21, 2013
It was mainly because the lack of promoting. Just imagine how well it would have done if they ACTUALLY promoted the game. My gamestop didnt even know it existed till i told then about it. XD
all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Message 6 of 21 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Feb 21, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
I wouldn't have trusted them either, look at how many glitches and bugs are in there game..

It's not really the amount of bugs. It's the fact that no one who has any control over fixing them even acknowledges them - thus day 1 bugs are still there even after like 6 updates.

Message 7 of 21 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

Feb 21, 2013

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:

It's not really the amount of bugs. It's the fact that no one who has any control over fixing them even acknowledges them - thus day 1 bugs are still there even after like 6 updates.

^This.

With the bugs and downright broken characters (Sly, Kat) it's hard for me to even recommend this game to a friend. I've never played a Sony IP with these many glitches this long after launch, certainly not one which SSM was involved with.

Message 8 of 21 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2456 posts

Feb 21, 2013
It's probably to hard for them to fix them because they have to fix the vita at the same time. A few patches ago added more problems on the vita version plus the vita one still has the wrong character glitch and its more common on there..
Message 9 of 21 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
497 posts

Feb 21, 2013

It's also the fact that in this day and age of gamers, if something closely resembles something popular. They will call it a rip-off and want nothing to do with it.

The hate bandwagon went around hard for this game and still does now. The bandwagon of people might not be as big if they did have bigger name characters like the ones fans wanted, but sadly like you said, the bigger companies didnt want to take a risk.

So in a way, it kind of is the bigger name companies fault that the game didnt do so well because the roster wasnt big and bold enough to draw people in.

photo Deadpool_zpsa17e78d8.gif
Message 10 of 21 (284 Views)