Oct 06 2012
By: DBoi787 Sackboy 436 posts

Why can't you all understand?

34 replies 330 views Edited Oct 6, 2012
Its not about the roster size that disappoints us. Its not that our favorite characters didn't make it that disappoints us. Its the choices made by SuperBot, and in turn, the actions of other parties.

If Crash didn't make it, but a Team Ico or Resistance rep did, I would be grateful. But because the roster is composed of characters that don't belong instead of more deserving ones that make us disappointed. It goes without saying that Big Daddy isn't needed. I love Bioshock, but the title was originally a 360 exclusive and doesn't hold much history with PlayStation. He could have made room for more relevant characters. Being that Sucker Punch wanted two Cole's and Cole is too important, not much can be said on that matter. Just a greedy decision by Sucker Punch, who I hold much respect for. However, with Konami and Capcom, SuperBot could have been strong and said no. I don't know about you all, but I would much rather have no DMC or MGS reps than what we have gotten to make room for more important characters like Nathan Hale, a Chimera, Wander, Dart or any other first party character more important and easier to nail. Even a more important third party character would have been great. SuperBot succumbed to what they can get instead of what the fans would want. And now a lot of you are succumbing to what they're giving you instead of what you deserve. Its not the quantity that upsets us or even a whiney "its not what we want!" Its the message the game was meant to promote.

So with that, if you're not disappointed, so be it. That's fine, buy the game and enjoy what you must of it. However, to those of us who are, note that we have every reason to be. Its poor decision making and lack of communication that make for a bad taste in one's mouth. Coming from someone entering the field, yes I am disappointed
Message 1 of 35 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Re: Why can't you all understand?

Oct 6, 2012

What makes me mad is that they chose Nariko, Fat Princess, New Dante, Evil Cole, Raiden over characters such as Crash,Spyro,Snake,Dart,Tomba,etc.

Even if they wanted to put Dante why didn't they pick the version which the majority of the people don't hate. <_<

Superbot made terrible choices and didn't listen to the fans.

Message 2 of 35 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

Oct 6, 2012
@Bkzuzi kind of missed the point of the post, but I'm glad you can agree more room should have been made for important characters.
Message 3 of 35 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

Oct 6, 2012

The only thing i'm dissapointed about is how some first party characters didn't make it in. I understand that, if at the end of the day, third parties are making too high demands for their characters, you cant add them, but some first party characters being missing is really perplexing. Are you really telling me that insomniac gave the rights to a resistance stage, mashup and items yet didnt sanction the use of a character? What would be the point in that? Emmett Graves was made by Sony Santa Monica who are assisting in making this game, how could he not have been added? And are you seriously telling me they couldnt get ANYTHING from team ICO? 

I understand how third party characters may be unreachable like i said, but the non-inclusion of some first party characters that they could have added as a compromise is really strange.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 4 of 35 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 6, 2012

yeah, it's really strange

Play For Fun!
Message 5 of 35 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

I rather have some characters that had franchises from the psone and ps2 generation than get anymore from this generation, except resistance (weird that they don't have a character in here.) Well Kat too.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 6 of 35 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

BkzUzi wrote:

What makes me mad is that they chose Nariko, Fat Princess, New Dante, Evil Cole, Raiden over characters such as Crash,Spyro,Snake,Dart,Tomba,etc.

Even if they wanted to put Dante why didn't they pick the version which the majority of the people don't hate. <_<

Nariko, Heavenly Sword, first exclusive launch title for the Playstation 3.

Fat Princess, only representitve of the PSN.

New Dante, which is still Old Dante, which had 3 exclusive titles.

Raiden, Metal Gear, which is a pretty big name. Kojima hates us already, he's not gonna give us Snake when all we do is cry.

Evil Cole was required thanks to inFamous 2 having such a diverse power set.

Addtionally, I think the reason a Chimera didn't make it, is because we have RADEC. We already have a heavy firearm character. Having two would just add to the immense amount of ones we already have. Sure, its disappointing, but heck, we have awesome stages and items from it.

Message 7 of 35 (245 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Oct 6, 2012

If the whole "no Crash, Cloud or snake/big boss" thing is true, then yes I'm very dissapointed aswell.

However, you have to realise that it's not Superbot making the decisions, it's Sony and the 3rd party companies. Blame activision and Konami for no snake or Crash, not Superbot. That said, Sony is part to blame for this.

Crash is THE most iconic Sony character of ALL time time. Yes, more iconic than Kratos. Yes, more Iconic than Drake. Yes, more Iconic than Ratchet & Clank. He IS playstation for a lot of the older fans. The fact that Sony sat down, said "hey, we're gonna make our own mascot brawler", and wasen't 100% frigging sure that they'd get Crash is just.... god **bleep**. It's like a smash bros with no Mario, o FF dissidia with no Cloud. Yes, that's how god-**bleep** iconic Crash is. 

At the end of the day, I'll still get it. It has R&C, J&D, and I actually like evil cole. So it still "does it" for me. But the game will flop, unless they pull out the big guns at NYCC. If they don't, it's over. And if it's over, then Nintendo will no longe rhave any competition, and they can pull a turd right out of their **bleep**, write "Smash bros" on it, and it'll sell, because there's no alternative.

Gaming.... gaming has changed.

Message 8 of 35 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Oct 6, 2012

BkzUzi wrote:

But superbot doesnt choose.  Its activision, ninja theory and all others you should blame not Superbot.  They told superbot who they could and could not have so dont put the blame on them.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 9 of 35 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Oct 6, 2012

BkzUzi wrote:

you can go to hell. nariko and fat princess are playstation exclusives. the article is about characters that shouldn't be in because they used to be 360 exclusives etc. didn't you even read it?

Message 10 of 35 (191 Views)
0 Likes