Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/09/2012
Offline
831 posts
 

Re: Why are you guys complaining?

Aug 11, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Godlike_Shanker wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Godlike_Shanker wrote:

The thing with this is that you can do it with a lot of characters that I doubt people would be alright with. They will always find an excuse to see characters they don't like as a wasted spot.

 

Goku for instance. DBZ has a number of exclusive titles for the PS, particularly in the PS2 era. They've all sold very well. He's very popular. Yet, people will say he's not a video game character.

 

What about SOCOM then? First party IP that was huge for the PS during the PS2 era. The series has sold very well and is very popular in North America. Yet, people will say he's a generic gun character.


id love to see a SOCOM character but we already have a lot of soldiers/FPS characters (even though its a TPS), but goku wouldnt fit, plus hes already in jump all-stars/super stars



There you go. How come we have too many shooting characters? I hope people realize that shooting characters are extremely popular with the PS brand. I've seen people list their suggested rosters with huge numbers of anime, cartoon, platforming or JRPG characters yet shooting and fighting characters are somehow seen as bad. Nothing about having more shooting and fighting characters I see as bad considering the fact that they're extremely popular and have been very important for the PS.

 

And how come Goku wouldn't fit? It's a serious question, he's a unique character, very popular and has a special place with the PS.


look at all the characters we have:smileyhappy: many are from FPS or TPS already, we dont have too many JRPG characters or RPG characters, people would like to see variety even though the roster already has it:smileyhappy:.

 

goku wouldnt fit because i think that he would be too overpowered or not powerful enough, i just dont feel like he would fit in this type of game, we dont have any other manga/anime characters:smileyhappy:. Goku seems to be overused in a lot of things, and i just cant really seem him being in this game, where in jump all-stars he fit in perfectly.



I completely agree that variety is important. But there are only 2 true shooting characters in the game so far (out of the 12 that are already confirmed by SuperBot) in Radec and Drake. Sweet Tooth has a shotgun and that's it, he's not a gun character and he comes from a vehicular combat game. What I'm mostly referring to is the fact that some people have a massive genre bias. They'll be okay with having 10+ characters from a particular genre that they're fans of but are against having even 3-4 of another genre that they don't like.

 

My main point that I was trying to get across was whether people would be alright with having Goku and a SOCOM rep in the game. They both have legitimate cases just like how you proved for the other characters already in the roster.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 150 (78 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: Why are you guys complaining?

Aug 11, 2012

Godlike_Shanker wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Godlike_Shanker wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Godlike_Shanker wrote:

The thing with this is that you can do it with a lot of characters that I doubt people would be alright with. They will always find an excuse to see characters they don't like as a wasted spot.

 

Goku for instance. DBZ has a number of exclusive titles for the PS, particularly in the PS2 era. They've all sold very well. He's very popular. Yet, people will say he's not a video game character.

 

What about SOCOM then? First party IP that was huge for the PS during the PS2 era. The series has sold very well and is very popular in North America. Yet, people will say he's a generic gun character.


id love to see a SOCOM character but we already have a lot of soldiers/FPS characters (even though its a TPS), but goku wouldnt fit, plus hes already in jump all-stars/super stars



There you go. How come we have too many shooting characters? I hope people realize that shooting characters are extremely popular with the PS brand. I've seen people list their suggested rosters with huge numbers of anime, cartoon, platforming or JRPG characters yet shooting and fighting characters are somehow seen as bad. Nothing about having more shooting and fighting characters I see as bad considering the fact that they're extremely popular and have been very important for the PS.

 

And how come Goku wouldn't fit? It's a serious question, he's a unique character, very popular and has a special place with the PS.


look at all the characters we have:smileyhappy: many are from FPS or TPS already, we dont have too many JRPG characters or RPG characters, people would like to see variety even though the roster already has it:smileyhappy:.

 

goku wouldnt fit because i think that he would be too overpowered or not powerful enough, i just dont feel like he would fit in this type of game, we dont have any other manga/anime characters:smileyhappy:. Goku seems to be overused in a lot of things, and i just cant really seem him being in this game, where in jump all-stars he fit in perfectly.



I completely agree that variety is important. But there are only 2 true shooting characters in the game so far (out of the 12 that are already confirmed by SuperBot) in Radec and Drake. Sweet Tooth has a shotgun and that's it, he's not a gun character and he comes from a vehicular combat game. What I'm mostly referring to is the fact that some people have a massive genre bias. They'll be okay with having 10+ characters from a particular genre that they're fans of but are against having even 3-4 of another genre that they don't like.

 

My main point that I was trying to get across was whether people would be alright with having Goku and a SOCOM rep in the game. They both have legitimate cases just like how you proved for the other characters already in the roster.


the other characters could fit in the game:smileyhappy: if superbot wanted them too im sure theyd have a really valid reason, i was defending the characters in the game because people seem to think that a lot dont fit :smileyhappy:.

 

I know what you mean haha, but i feel like playstation has a lot more RPGs over time compared to shooters (though shooters are still big) and this game they have to try and balance every character and make them unique, so a lot of shooters may make their job difficult:smileyhappy: plus a few are third party characters so that could be difficult, and i played all the games but are there really any MAIN socom characters that would fit in the game and people would instantly say "omg i loved him in that game!"



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 150 (72 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/09/2012
Offline
831 posts
 

Re: Why are you guys complaining?

Aug 11, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Godlike_Shanker wrote:

I completely agree that variety is important. But there are only 2 true shooting characters in the game so far (out of the 12 that are already confirmed by SuperBot) in Radec and Drake. Sweet Tooth has a shotgun and that's it, he's not a gun character and he comes from a vehicular combat game. What I'm mostly referring to is the fact that some people have a massive genre bias. They'll be okay with having 10+ characters from a particular genre that they're fans of but are against having even 3-4 of another genre that they don't like.

 

My main point that I was trying to get across was whether people would be alright with having Goku and a SOCOM rep in the game. They both have legitimate cases just like how you proved for the other characters already in the roster.


the other characters could fit in the game:smileyhappy: if superbot wanted them too im sure theyd have a really valid reason, i was defending the characters in the game because people seem to think that a lot dont fit :smileyhappy:.

 

I know what you mean haha, but i feel like playstation has a lot more RPGs over time compared to shooters (though shooters are still big) and this game they have to try and balance every character and make them unique, so a lot of shooters may make their job difficult:smileyhappy: plus a few are third party characters so that could be difficult, and i played all the games but are there really any MAIN socom characters that would fit in the game and people would instantly say "omg i loved him in that game!"



I commend you for being reasonable with that first line. Most posters around here would just state "Waste, not a video game character" or "Waste, generic gun character" instead.

 

I'd say shooters are way more popular than any other genre in the current generation and in the second half of the past generation but RPGs had a bigger presence in the past. All in all, I'd go for an even number of shooting and RPG characters. I agree with your point about third parties being out of Sony's control. I'm not the biggest SOCOM fan so I wouldn't know but Radec, who's somewhat comparable, isn't all that either tbh. I'm a big fan of Killzone 2 but I never saw Radec as being truly iconic. Yet, he's in the game and was made into a very unique fighter.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 150 (63 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/30/2011
Offline
560 posts
 

Re: Why are you guys complaining?

Aug 11, 2012
Lots of good points, Sticky this thread


"They're all good at killing."
-Omar Kendall IGN LIvestream [18:33] 11/14/12
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 150 (62 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/09/2012
Offline
1535 posts
 

Re: Why are you guys complaining?

Aug 11, 2012

I agree on this. No one is a waste.




Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 150 (57 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/08/2012
Offline
1609 posts
 

Re: Why are you guys complaining?

Aug 11, 2012
stop quoting other peoples quotes who quote you when you quote them when they quote you and you quote them. Confused?
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 150 (53 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: Why are you guys complaining?

Aug 11, 2012

Godlike_Shanker wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Godlike_Shanker wrote:

I completely agree that variety is important. But there are only 2 true shooting characters in the game so far (out of the 12 that are already confirmed by SuperBot) in Radec and Drake. Sweet Tooth has a shotgun and that's it, he's not a gun character and he comes from a vehicular combat game. What I'm mostly referring to is the fact that some people have a massive genre bias. They'll be okay with having 10+ characters from a particular genre that they're fans of but are against having even 3-4 of another genre that they don't like.

 

My main point that I was trying to get across was whether people would be alright with having Goku and a SOCOM rep in the game. They both have legitimate cases just like how you proved for the other characters already in the roster.


the other characters could fit in the game:smileyhappy: if superbot wanted them too im sure theyd have a really valid reason, i was defending the characters in the game because people seem to think that a lot dont fit :smileyhappy:.

 

I know what you mean haha, but i feel like playstation has a lot more RPGs over time compared to shooters (though shooters are still big) and this game they have to try and balance every character and make them unique, so a lot of shooters may make their job difficult:smileyhappy: plus a few are third party characters so that could be difficult, and i played all the games but are there really any MAIN socom characters that would fit in the game and people would instantly say "omg i loved him in that game!"



I commend you for being reasonable with that first line. Most posters around here would just state "Waste, not a video game character" or "Waste, generic gun character" instead.

 

I'd say shooters are way more popular than any other genre in the current generation and in the second half of the past generation but RPGs had a bigger presence in the past. All in all, I'd go for an even number of shooting and RPG characters. I agree with your point about third parties being out of Sony's control. I'm not the biggest SOCOM fan so I wouldn't know but Radec, who's somewhat comparable, isn't all that either tbh. I'm a big fan of Killzone 2 but I never saw Radec as being truly iconic. Yet, he's in the game and was made into a very unique fighter.


yeah:smileyhappy: Radec is actually the most popular killzone 2 character actually, or thats who people seem to love the most, it all depends on if Superbot could come up with unique moves and supers for each character :smileyhappy: if they put them in! I'd love to see as many characters as possible, every character has a reason to be put in



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 150 (52 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: Why are you guys complaining?

Aug 11, 2012

Celtics_fan23 wrote:
Lots of good points, Sticky this thread

thanks:smileyhappy: i hope they do because i want others to see this thread and see that no character is a waste and all characters fit in the game



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 150 (51 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: Why are you guys complaining?

Aug 11, 2012

Young_Guns_3 wrote:

I agree on this. No one is a waste.


Thank you thank you:smileyhappy: We should all thank Superbot for this game at sometime, they really worked hard to help make this game a reality.



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 150 (48 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: Why are you guys complaining?

Aug 11, 2012

krusher10 wrote:
stop quoting other peoples quotes who quote you when you quote them when they quote you and you quote them. Confused?

whoa! deja vu! :smileyhappy: its easier if they know who you are responding to though



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 150 (44 Views)
Reply
0 Likes