Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 11 2012
By: zeothedeathgod Treasure Hunter 6850 posts

Why are you guys complaining?

[ Edited ]
149 replies 1455 views Edited Aug 14, 2012

Lets get this over with. EVERY character deserves to be here. lets take a look and ill tell you why.

Big Daddy-First of all Bioshock is a HUGE series, pretty much everybody knows the name, but why is big daddy a playstation all-star? Well This game happens to be about playstations past, present, and FUTURE. If you guys remember a year or two ago they said at e3 that an exclusive bioshock will be coming to playstation vita. there you go.

Cole/evil cole- Anybody that has played infamous knows its about the choices you make, if you want cole to be good or evil. It makes sense to have both characters in, because they are different in many ways, and for the story could provide totally different adventures and also could have totally different move sets (since it is the infamous 2 cole)

Colonel Radec - Ive seen a few people ask why we are getting him and not someone from killzone 3. Well Radec was pretty much a badass in Killzone 2, all the scenes he was in seemed to help define the game, all the way up till his death (for those of you that have played), his death really set the ending of the game.

Dante (new or old)- When i think Devil May Cry i think of playstation, i played 1-4 on my playstation and had a great time with them. Now im actually hoping its new dante because for one they will wnat to promote the new game, and hes actually not that bad of a character. I will honestly say i prefer new dante over old dante, and im welcoming the new game with open arms, along with him in all-stars.

Fat Princess- People keep saying they never asked for her and she was a wasted space, when in fact shes not. We don't have many PSP or PSN characters....wait we have like none, and Fat princess can be a rep for both. Fat Princess was a great game and i think she has every right to be in this game because of how much fun her game was and how she helped Playstation network pick up as an exclusive.

Heihachi - People also keep saying we didn't ask for a tekken rep so we don't need one. Tekken has been exclusive to playstation for a LONG time, and has helped shape it. This is about playstations life, Heihachi is welcome here, Tekken is a huge series on Playstation and i cant think of any reason he shouldn't be in the game.

Jak and Daxter - Obviously this one explains itself, Jak and Daxter was HUGE on the playstation 2 and one of the defining series, and even with the rerelease on playstation 3, people who didn't get to play them before can play them now, experiencing how great these characters are themselves. We dont have a Jak 4 yet, so why not treat this as one? I can't wait to get more of the duo.

Kratos- From playstation 2, to PSP, to Playstation 3, Kratos has had a lot of adventures for the many different platforms, and people have seemed to love the games. Thats good enough reason to be brought in right there.

Nariko- One of the first games for playstation 3, heavenly sword showed that a new IP could tell an amazing story while supporting great graphics and gameplay. Many people have requested a sequel to heavenly sword, and maybe this will bring Nariko back to a system soon (maybe playstation 4).

Nathan Drake-Uncharted is one of the best games on the playstation 3, constantly surprising us with just how far naughty dog manages to push the game. The graphics are some of the best out there, and while the gameplay does seem to repeat itself, you can't say you don't have fun playing every second of the games.

Parappa-Parappa is obviously one of those games that has a HUGE following, and while Parappa 2 wasn't as great as the first in most places, Parappa has shown that he fits on the team and has a unique move list compared to everybody else. Maybe we will see another sequel if this game does well enough.

Raiden-Metal gear solid is a HUGE series for the playstation, and many people when they think Metal Gear Solid think Playstation 3. Now why don't they just use snake you ask? Well think about it, this game is already getting enough hate and attacks because "its a smash clone". How would it look if they had snake in it? Exactly, maybe as DLC we will get snake, but for now Raiden fits in perfectly, and itll also help promote the new Metal Gear game.

Ratchet and Clank-Ratchet and Clank has been around just like God Of War, through playstation 2, PSP, Playstation 3, and will soon revisit Playstation network. Ratchet and clank is one of the biggest series in all of playstation history and im sure everybody welcomes them to the cast of all-stars.

Sackboy-Little Big Planet really took the playstation community for a spin when it came out, giving them a new type of gameplay, allowing them to create their own levels in anyway they want without having to memorize some program, and it managed to be A LOT of fun, Sackboy is a masccot for the playstation 3, and im sure Superbot will come up with a really unique move list for him.

Sir Dan-MediEvil is a huge series on the playstation, and people have been hoping for a reboot or new game for quite some time. So why not use all-stars as a jumping off point to introduce people to the character and series, so sony can take the next few steps to get a new game out there? Many people seem to be happy hes in the game though, so moving on!

Sly-To me personally, the Sly Cooper series was my favorite for playstation 2, i played through all of them many times, and even bought them again on the playstation3  when they came out and have sly 4 already preordered. Sly again is another character people arent complaining about so...

Spike-Many people dont think platformer games fit in todays time, and they think Spike is a waste of space...probably only because they didnt play Ape Escape. Its an amazing game and has a huge following, again this game is about the past, present, and future, and Spike was huge back for the original playstation.

Sweet Tooth-From the playstation, playstation 2, PSP, and playstation 3, twisted metal is probably one of the longest running exclusive series ever. I have played all of them, and i will say sweet tooth dserves to be in all-stars because he always proves to be an amazing and interesting character in the twisted metal games (you know, when it really got into stories:smileywink:)

Toro-and here we go, the last character on the list. Several people have been asking "why toro? hes not a big character, ive never heard of him". Hes a huge character in Japan and can even be said to be the mascot of playstation there, and we should have a rep for all the different regions that playstation is big in.

This game is for all the playstation fans that have ever exsisted. Just like the game is about the past, present, and future, that is also their target audience. They want to target the fans of the past, present, and future of playstation, and want to try to make their dreams come true by having a crossover game with all of their favorite characters in one place. If you are a fan of sony/playstation or just love the characters, this game is for YOU. They aren't making this for money (even though that is part of it), they are making it for the fans, they are making it for you and me. You may not want some of these characters, but other people do, enjoy the game for what it is, maybe in a sequel your characters will come forward, but for now, let Superbot be, they are trying their hardest to make this game for you. They are working hard for you, and are trying to do whatever is in their power to make this game as great as it can be for you.

Anyways i think im done ranting :smileyhappy: It is a lot to read haha.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 150 (1,455 Views)
Sackboy
498 posts

Re: Why are you guys complaining?

Aug 11, 2012

That was awesome dude, I completely agree!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 150 (1,452 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2383 posts

Aug 11, 2012

this thread should be stickied :smileyvery-happy:

Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 150 (1,445 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1165 posts

Aug 11, 2012

i think.....that you are right.........and..................i forgot where i was going with this

Photobucket
Omars hand is a DOLPHIN
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 150 (1,439 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3150 posts

Aug 11, 2012
Some people are just dumb and can't look at things from other perspectives. Plain and simple.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 150 (1,438 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Aug 11, 2012

VinylSolution wrote:
Some people are just dumb and can't look at things from other perspectives. Plain and simple.

thank you everybody:smileyhappy: and yeah, every character here deserves to be here, i love the roster how it is so far, and i do hope to see more characters, but even if this is it, they tried and did a pretty good job so far

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 150 (1,435 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1271 posts

Aug 11, 2012
BioShock's Big Daddy also brings in different fans from across other platforms...considering that was an excuse for Crash having to be in the game.

The Raiden that is being used is not considered an MGS character but an MGR character lol Kojima said it himself when talking about Metal Gear Rising.
He said Rising is not an MGS game.
So there is still a chance for Snake lol

Also by that logic Smash Bros is a clone DreamMix TV World Fighters for having Snake in it.

PlayStation All-Stars "Best In The World!"
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 150 (1,420 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2383 posts

Aug 11, 2012

VinylSolution wrote:

theres also the problem that many people have a hard time differentiating opinions and facts  -_-

Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 150 (1,413 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Aug 11, 2012
Wow i never looked at it like that. Thanks and btw congrats on 1000 posts
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 150 (1,400 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Aug 11, 2012

Slayer5228 wrote:
BioShock's Big Daddy also brings in different fans from across other platforms...considering that was an excuse for Crash having to be in the game.

The Raiden that is being used is not considered an MGS character but an MGR character lol Kojima said it himself when talking about Metal Gear Rising.
He said Rising is not an MGS game.
So there is still a chance for Snake lol

Also by that logic Smash Bros is a clone DreamMix TV World Fighters for having Snake in it.

exactly! :smileyhappy: But fans pick and choose haha, i love how people say this copies smash bros, but not digimon rumble arena, jump all-stars, cartoon network punch time explosion, etc. Still i doubt they want to use snake because thatll give smash fans new ammo to fire:smileytongue:, i think Big daddy is probably the best third party character to use because of the exclusive coming

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 150 (1,397 Views)
0 Likes