Nov 25 2012
By: TidalOneka Lombax Warrior 158 posts

Why are some fighting folk so cross?

5 replies 121 views Edited Nov 25, 2012
Hey all... Just thought I'd share my less than stellar experience,

Earlier tonight I was playing against a dude who accused me of spamming even though he won the match as well as throwing some homophobic epithets my way. Thing is I defo did not Spam. I used every last move Drake had besides "take cover". Anyway I thought nothing of it, later that same night though I come across him again and win. I send him a message saying I win with a smiley. Just friendly ribbing. Them he comes back with this tirade about p***y this and 1 v 1 that and how s****y I am. I just wonder what it is about this genre that makes some folks uncivil. I love the game but some people's kids I tell ya...

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - TidalOneka
Message 1 of 6 (121 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: Why are some fighting folk so cross?

Nov 25, 2012

People are going to be like that online, there really isn't anything you can do about it. 

You should've left it at just winning the match, rather than going out of your way to send him a PM. If you're going to do that, expect the worst. 

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 2 of 6 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Nov 25, 2012
True I suppose, it just kind of irks me that some people figure "it's the Internet so I can act like a yammering sphincter!" and I mean I do expect that online but, to juxtapose. I haven't gotten as many nasty PMs or epithets in years of UC2/UC3 as I have in a week of this. SoI was just wondering: does the fighting game community have this kind of a reputation, or am I just going of the rails a bit here.
Message 3 of 6 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

Its everywhere I think, just worse in some places than others. Best thing you can do is just ignore the hate.

There's a feature under Account Management where you can block PMs from users who aren't on your friends list. If it gets really bad you could always use that. Personally if I get hate mail then it just means I'm kicking so much ass that the person felt they needed to message me about it Smiley Tongue

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 4 of 6 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Nov 25, 2012
You are probably right my friend. Thanks for the advice! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Happened to me too.
Came up against a lvl 980 Raiden and he got SO mad at me, because I kept him from combo'ing me, by using my trusty old barrel a lot.
Learn to dodge through it, you fool. Don't call me a spammer, just because I know how to fight a certain character xD
Message 6 of 6 (73 Views)
0 Likes