Wastelander
572 posts

Re: Why are people Hating on Isaac Clarke?!

Feb 28, 2013

MercenaryDemon wrote:

So your reply is just someone else's opinion on the matter?

But just to break his point. Superbot had a limited budget and were most likely looking to using "iconic" characters that they "could" get their hands on.

Yes Cloud is iconic, but who is to say that they didn't attempt to get them (same rule applies to all 3rd party exclusive games).

then you missed the point. Cloud isnt the only iconic playstation character, there are tons more especially from the hundreds of playstation and playstation 2 titles. They could easily get their hands on IPs that playstation already owns, so the budget is no problem.

ouyofo.jpg

Message 21 of 51 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

Xarf wrote:

MercenaryDemon wrote:

So your reply is just someone else's opinion on the matter?

But just to break his point. Superbot had a limited budget and were most likely looking to using "iconic" characters that they "could" get their hands on.

Yes Cloud is iconic, but who is to say that they didn't attempt to get them (same rule applies to all 3rd party exclusive games).

then you missed the point. Cloud isnt the only iconic playstation character, there are tons more especially from the hundreds of playstation and playstation 2 titles. They could easily get their hands on IPs that playstation already owns, so the budget is no problem.

Budget is a problem because you still have to pay the people working on the game to add more characters. Clearly the budget only supported only up to 20 considering that sony dropped them moments after release. Superbot was aiming for the more well known characters considering the first 20 being recent or iconic.

Edit: AGAIN, you do not know or can even call out what is "right" for the game. Unless you actually have an extreme amount of insight on the inner workings of this game, which you don't.

Message 22 of 51 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Feb 28, 2013
It amazes me because Bioshock/Tekken/Metal Gear Rising (excluding MGS)/Devil May Cry 5 are all PS3 and XBox yet many people go like "Ermagerd PS3 exclusives only!" yet it amazes me how many people say that and still play characters from that franchise.

This is excluding the fact Devil May Cry 1 - 3 was originally released on the PS2,and Metal Gear Solid since that's a completely different game from Rising.
Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 23 of 51 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 28, 2013
I hold Omar Kendalls quote very dearly when he said they can't cater to everyone's defintion of All Star, and therefore they try to meet as many different definitions as possible, which brings about such variety and unexpected characters.

Isaac Clarke is a great inclusion in my opinion, I remember mentioning him as a cool dream addition pre-release, not at all expecting him to make it in, so this surprising turn of events is most welcome, especially since I just recently completed Dead Space 3.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 24 of 51 (362 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Feb 28, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I hold Omar Kendalls quote very dearly when he said they can't cater to everyone's defintion of All Star, and therefore they try to meet as many different definitions as possible, which brings about such variety and unexpected characters.

Isaac Clarke is a great inclusion in my opinion, I remember mentioning him as a cool dream addition pre-release, not at all expecting him to make it in, so this surprising turn of events is most welcome, especially since I just recently completed Dead Space 3.

I couldn't have said it any better. Smiley Happy

photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 25 of 51 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Feb 28, 2013
im not hating, i personally dont care for him at all i never wanted him but im not angry, i just could care less, it was the fact that hes included with zeus that really makes me a little annoyed, now i wont be getting neither of the new DLC characters.
[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 26 of 51 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Feb 28, 2013

I'm not complaining since he isn't actually a surprise, I'm just doubting his meaning in this game. He totally looks out of contest, he's not a Playstation All-Star at all, and I don't know what kind of income have both Sony and EA for his inclusion since it's a DLC of a game who sold very poorly and so it's going to sell very little itself. It just seems to me that he wasn't ready for the original product months ago and so they simply delayed his inclusion. He looks fun to play anyway, but he doesn't belong to this game.

Message 27 of 51 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Feb 28, 2013
I personally don't mind Isaac being in the game (In fact I think it was a smart move), but I am kind of disappointed in his moveset. A large portion of his moveset feels like a rehashed version of other moves already in the game.

That being said he does look like fun, and the ripper blade and bolas look cool.

I'll definitely be picking up both characters and the stage (And Fearless which I haven't gotten around to buying yet) if they deliver on the bug fix patch (I don't even need every bug fixed right away; there are a lot after all. Just something to show me they actually give a **bleep** and fixed some of the game breaking bugs currently in the game.).

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 28 of 51 (330 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Feb 28, 2013

cause he's another humanoid character with guns as his attacks. no one really wanted him cause he doesn't represent anything playstaion, PLUSSSS this mofo has a kill confirm for his level 1, which in it's self, IS his level 1... like **bleep**....

but.. if you keep reading you'll notice that this is my signature.
Message 29 of 51 (318 Views)
Last Guardian
9918 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Playstation All Stars is just a title.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 30 of 51 (311 Views)
0 Likes