Gaming Beast
1779 posts

Re: Why are Supers called "Supers?"

Aug 9, 2012

I think all the controversy just came from the fact that the Super system wasn't really explained very well when the game was announced on GTTV. We pretty much had to look for information ourselves in interviews.

Maybe if Sony/SuperBot had been more up front about the Super system (maybe it could have been explained in an announcement trailer, which this game did not have), people woudln't have freaked out about it so much.

Message 21 of 23 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
430 posts

Aug 10, 2012

The more I think about it, the more I like "Dual Shocks," instead of "Supers."

The name is uniquely PlayStation.

The "Shocks" part makes it sound aggressive and fitting for a fighting game term.

There are three versions of the DualShock matching the number of "Supers" levels.

The name is easy to shorten and would look right at home on a fighting game discussion board or fansite. ("Parappa's DS2 is OP." "Heihachi's DS3 is limited to three kills." "Who has the best DS1?")

As far as making sense in the context in the game? Maybe "Dual Shocks" could refer to the fact that you get 2 points per kill? I dunno, that one seems kind of weak, but the rest of it makes a lot of sense, right?

Message 22 of 23 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Aug 10, 2012
I like how you brought up Dissidia, I have always thought that they had similar scoring structure but was too lazy to ever bring it up.
Message 23 of 23 (18 Views)
0 Likes