Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Re: Why all the Lightning hate???

Sep 27, 2012
yeah id love sora too but i count him as a kingdom hearts not a final fantasy character
Message 21 of 45 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Sep 27, 2012

lol i said i still prefer Cloud. thankx tho.. now ik its more  FF7 fanboyism that FF13 hate. Clouds a badass btw!! I dont mind him being emo...but FF7 fanboys saying that they hate Lightning becuz she's an emo...fk off

Message 22 of 45 (125 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1094 posts

Sep 27, 2012

you say you are a fanboy, where is your fanboy avatar, I see an overused lame prototype one

Message 23 of 45 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

Lightning is Rule 63 Cloud anyways.

Soldier riding a train with stereotypical black guy fighting to save the planet from an evil corporation that soldier used to be part of because they're using the energy to fuel most of daily life. Main character feels bad about some arbitrary past event that kind of fuels their drive but kind of doesn't at the same time because you don't really know about it until later on, and even then it feels forced onto the situation to add a sense of 'this is what you're fighting for', which still isn't as bad a cop-out move as pulling the planet exploding card but you get the idea.

Message 24 of 45 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Lol, i'm a fanboy but why cant i show off another game character??? Just becuz i am a fanboy it doesnt mean i cant use another icon....lol

Message 25 of 45 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Sep 27, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

My personal problem with this whole thing is that we're fine with sword wielders. I'm fully aware Cloud will get in, but as a person aspiring to be a game writer (thank you Anthony Burch for that helping motivation in actually succeeding) I've had to understand the nuances of a three arc structure and well written storylines.

Final Fantasy has sucked ever since 7. 8 sucked. 9 sucked. 10 sucked. 11 was an MMO and doesn't exactly count. 12 was dreadful, and 13 is just Final Fantasy 7 again except now they force sequel after sequel out.

You want a Final Fantasy rep? Give us Terra. THAT would be awesome. Or, heck, Kefka. We'd have not only a villain on the roster but the best villain of all Final Fantasy.

We have so many sword users that its taking away from what could be variety. I hate to use the Brawl reference but look how diverse that roster was. Only really 5 sword users, tops, out of a roster of over 30.

So you freely admit that your better understanding of story structure is somewhat blinding you to the things most people enjoy and we therefore can't really trust your opinion Smiley Tongue joke... but an acurate joke

Message 26 of 45 (116 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1094 posts

Sep 27, 2012

MarrowOchi since you know so much and say they all suck tell me why, cause I think you do not know what you are talking about

Message 27 of 45 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Final Fantasy 7. Game is actually incomplete. They decided to stop at the Sephiroth fight early due to budget cuts, where it would have ended with the arc structure finishing at Hojo, resulting in a giant climactic battle. Because of this the fight towards Sephiroth was rewritten as well as the ending and they never truly explained what happened to the real villain until later installments.

Final Fantasy 8. While it is my favorite of the post-6 crew, it suffers from various bugs and gaping plot holes usually surrounding Rinoa and Ultimecia.

Final Fantasy 9. Its attempt to bring it back to the past 6 in complexity suffered immediately after Kuja was brought in and became more of a visual experience.

Final Fantasy 10. Tidus' laugh scene and the fact that they never really go into detail on how you were dead the entire friggin' time.

Final Fantasy 12. Combat system, mostly. I didn't get far into this because I couldn't fathom how bad Tactics PS2 had really become.

Final Fantasy 13. Again, Final Fantasy 7 with even easier gameplay.

Message 28 of 45 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Sep 27, 2012

I disagree that that's good enough criteria to call ff7 a bad game surely the fact that its so amazingly popular despite being incomplete just solidifies the reputation of the part of the story that made it in. It's only half done and it's still more popular than most other games. That's impressive if you ask me.

Message 29 of 45 (81 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Its impressive as a game. And I still believe Cloud will get in, that much is undeniable at this point.

Magic user would still be better choice of roster slot.

Message 30 of 45 (74 Views)
0 Likes