Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Re: Why all the Lightning hate???

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

because she is a  slap to the face (kind of like new dante), she is multiplatform and was advertised on the 360 more, while cloud is heavily associated with PS.

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 11 of 45 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Sep 27, 2012
How do ignore people on here? I'm seriously hate opening up threads just to see marrow become more annoying
Message 12 of 45 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Sep 27, 2012
To answer your question we just dont, and that shouldn't effect you or anyone else
Message 13 of 45 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Sep 27, 2012

But I'm awesome. I should be in PS-Allstars. I'd be like, the final boss that nobody knows about.

...well that's after I finish the script for Dead Heaven but that's besides the point.

Tell me a moogle riding a chocobo wouldn't be awesome.

...to be completely fair I just want a **bleep** magic user, I'm so sick of seeing nothing but guns and swords.

Message 14 of 45 (148 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1094 posts

Sep 27, 2012

because Cloud is the best and he is not emo in FFVII

Message 15 of 45 (144 Views)
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Everyone's already said it really. Not so much Lightning hate but Cloud love. Lightning is the new kid, her games not great, have no special ties to the PS and she's pretty generic. Cloud on the other hand is a long established iconic character from one of the best games ever made and on top of that it was a PS exclusive. Plus he's a deeply layered character with one of the most interesting histories of any video game character that is so cleverly delivered throughout the game so that the player starts off thinking he's a generic cold mercenary but slowly realises how wrong they were whilst they play through. That's no easy feet in a game with no voice acting and limited graphics. He's also a badass. Smiley Happy
A lot of people nowadays thinks its cool to hate on cloud because he's so popular and they want everyone to see how unique they are. It's pathetic and pretentious but also typical of gamers now. Anyone who has never played FF7 has to go out and buy it somewhere asap. Compare it to FFXIII and then in all honesty tell me that Lightning should be in this game and I'll tell you that you're a liar.

Message 16 of 45 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Sep 27, 2012

.....r u kidding me? yes he was emo....just NOT as emo as he was in Emochildren. Yes in FF7 he did have those epic moments where he is not emo...but ya 1/4 of the time he was emo...so ya he was kindaaa emo. Also didnt know FF7 fanboys acted liek immature brats...hek ima FF7 fanboy but cmon guys...seriously?

Message 17 of 45 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
391 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

Guys cloud is an alright character but no need for hatin' on others opinions, personally I would like Sora to be in but this isn't the thread for that.

Message 18 of 45 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Sep 27, 2012
he starts out emo in ff7 but later in the game he becomes a great character
Message 19 of 45 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Sep 27, 2012

My personal problem with this whole thing is that we're fine with sword wielders. I'm fully aware Cloud will get in, but as a person aspiring to be a game writer (thank you Anthony Burch for that helping motivation in actually succeeding) I've had to understand the nuances of a three arc structure and well written storylines.

Final Fantasy has sucked ever since 7. 8 sucked. 9 sucked. 10 sucked. 11 was an MMO and doesn't exactly count. 12 was dreadful, and 13 is just Final Fantasy 7 again except now they force sequel after sequel out.

You want a Final Fantasy rep? Give us Terra. THAT would be awesome. Or, heck, Kefka. We'd have not only a villain on the roster but the best villain of all Final Fantasy.

We have so many sword users that its taking away from what could be variety. I hate to use the Brawl reference but look how diverse that roster was. Only really 5 sword users, tops, out of a roster of over 30.

Message 20 of 45 (116 Views)