Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Re: Why Sly's is overpowered and is the only character that needs to be nerfed.

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

When you get to the higher belts slys get more kills on average per lvl 3 than sack boy. Every time I face a black belt or brown belt sly they get at least 7 kills

Message 61 of 91 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: Why Sly is overpowered and is the only character that needs to be nerfed.

Jan 3, 2013

NeVeO wrote:

1. He CAN'T be hit while Murray is out. It's the most difficult level 1 to interrupt; almost impossible.

2. I don't know if it's possible. Would not surprise me.

3. I also want a "version of block"  that is spammable and teleports me behind the target and stuns him no matter what. And his "version of dodge" is also better than the rest since he can do it in the air. His block is being able to go invisible. Getting out of most level 3 supers should be enough, no need to give him the best counter in the game.

4. Are you serious? You shouldn't defend something referencing the most overpowered attack of the game. I doubt there's something Kratos' chain grab doesn't have priority over.

5. Don't make me laugh. 3 kills in FAA and 2 kills in 2v2 are absolutely guaranteed. 4 and 5 kills are obtainable 90% since the hitbox of the goddamn camera is like the entire screen wide. 

Thread not over, Sly is even more unbalanced than Kratos.

Thread WAS over until somebody revived it.  Thanks for quoting a two month old comment.

1. I HAVE hit him while Murray is out.  It's called jumping over Murray and hitting him.  Gasp.

2. Not sure what 2 was a response to anymore, and I don't feel like going back to find out, so let's leave that one there.

3. His version of dodge works in the air?  You mean, like an AIR dodge?  Wow, enlighten me more about how his ability to dodge in the air is unique only to him.

4. Also not sure what this was referencing, but it was probably the Electric Roll.  IIRC, and I probably don't since the thread's months old, that was a reply to a comment saying that the Electric Roll has priority over EVERYTHING, which it most certainly does not.  That was also a comment from the beta, but I could name several more attacks that have priority over it.  Not that it matters, considering that's one of Sly's only real AP gaining moves.

5. No kills are absolutely guaranteed with a lvl3, or any Super that isn't set up with a confirm (and even then there's a chance you could get killed before your Super starts).  I've seen pretty much every lvl3 completely miss at some point (obviously barring Cinematics).  This was also in the beta, so people who use his lvl3 are much more proficient and getting no kills with it is less likely than back then, but it's still possible.

Also, I may or may not have predicted in this thread (may have been another) that the Sly complaints would simmer down just like the Radec, Kratos, Fat Princess, PaRappa, and Sweet Tooth complaints.  Can't say I was wrong, though they've flared up recently for some reason.  Apparently Sly is magically OP again just when people happen to start losing to him again.  I've only lost maybe six matches out of the few dozen times I've played Sly online; compare that to Kratos (who I know how to play just as well as Sly), where I've lost a good 20+% of my matches that I've played against him, and I dare you to say with a straight face that Sly is somehow more unbalanced or OP.  (And for the record, this doesn't mean I think Kratos is OP, but rather that he's much easier to spam with.)

Lastly, ignore the sarcasm when reading this.  I'm just in a sarcastic mood, but I want to make sure that it doesn't seem like I actually mean the snide remarks.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 62 of 91 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
506 posts

Jan 5, 2013

I'll tell you guys now since i have Sly as a main that his level 1 is avoidable! People have used dodge roll and jumped out of the way to avoid getting hit by Murray. Plus i have been cancelled before when trying to use it by another level 1 super. Also Sly does take a bit of skill to use unlike Kratos that has a huge AP gain and can keep spamming square. I have been in matches where a Kratos managed to get a Level 3 twice in the same match!

PS All-Stars Battle Royale Mains: Sly,Jak,Ratchet,PaRappa,Kat,Good Cole,Raiden.
Kingdom Hearts FTW!
Moveset ideas:Ty the Tasmanian Tiger-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Ty-the-Tasmanian-Tiger-moveset/m-p/39916477
Sora-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Sora-Kingdom-Hearts-moveset/m-p/39923329
Crash Bandicoot-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Crash-Bandicoot-moveset/m-p/40043417
Spyro-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Spyro-The-Dragon-Moveset/m-p/42628521

Message 63 of 91 (289 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jan 5, 2013

-Sly has the best level one by far.  It's like Fat Princess, but has more range and is just as fast.  The difference between Sly's and fat princess though is two things.  Sly is invincible during the entirety of his level one.  You can't attack Sly and get him out of his level one.  Fat Princess can be hit during her special and she's got a long recovery time aftewards.  Sly has no recovery time from when he's no longer invincible to when you can move again.

ON NO! IT'S NOT LIKE YOU CAN JUMP BEHIND HIM AND SLAP HIM IN THE FACE AND SEND HIM FLYING! D: oh what a world!

-Sly's decoy can be repeatedly, and again, has less than 1/4th of a second recovery time.  Kratos has a similar attack, but once Kratos uses his, he has atleast a second or two recovery time before he can act again.

yes, let's do away with Sly's ONLY FORM OF BLOCKING! let's not forget that if you miss timing with the decoy, you are left wide open of any attack. OH! and let's not forget it doesn't stop grabs

-Sly's level three.  The only super that has a guaranteed chance to get six kills 100% of the time, unless playing against another Sly.

yeah because nothing says guarantee like having the camera zoomed in, trying to find people who either hiding or are dodging everything you click. clearly this is so OP'd when compare to one hit kill lvl3s, like PaRappa, Spike, Toro, AND Heihachi!

so yeah let's nerf a charater who can't block, can't take much of a hit, and takes along time to build AP whole Krato and Raiden run scott free

Photobucket
Message 64 of 91 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Jan 7, 2013

I wouldn't say sly is OP, but he is annoying/cheap. I'm speaking as a sly player. To everyone who is saying "Oh hiz dec0y m0ve izheez vershun of bl0ck", no, it's not. His "version of block" is his invisibility move. If the decoy is his block, then every other character in the game should be able to go invisible. His decoy move needs to be nerfed bad because it can be spammed. When sly blasts you away with his cane, it should NOT take away 20 AP. It's not like sly doesn't have a grab, so why can he take away AP after parrying or teleporting behind someone? This is mainly towards the AI, because I don't see many online people doing this. I went through hell when I played Drake's story on All-Star difficulty. whenever I tried to attack, sly would use his decoy move or teleport behind me, and take away 20 AP. And I can only generate about 20 AP before he does it again. Also, he spams the teleport move like it's his job. Even if he can't block, he has WAY too many things to compensate for that. His decoy move should not be spammable, and he should NOT be able to take away 20 AP by teleporting behind someone or by decoying. Also he shouldn't be able to decoy items either. Just leave the AP stealing to items/grabs. Once again, my main is sly and I'm not trying to defend him. It's nearly impossible to beat him in Vs. match on 4 or 5 difficulty.

Message 65 of 91 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

kupomogli wrote:

Detailed description on why Sly's is overpowered and is the only character that needs to be nerfed.

-Sly has the best level one by far.  It's like Fat Princess, but has more range and is just as fast.  The difference between Sly's and fat princess though is two things.  Sly is invincible during the entirety of his level one.  You can't attack Sly and get him out of his level one.  Fat Princess can be hit during her special and she's got a long recovery time aftewards.  Sly has no recovery time from when he's no longer invincible to when you can move again.

Sly's level one can also be used while you're in mid air.  It's not high up in the air, you have to be close to the ground, butt you can still use it while you're not touching the ground.

-Sly's decoy can be repeatedly, and again, has less than 1/4th of a second recovery time.  Kratos has a similar attack, but once Kratos uses his, he has atleast a second or two recovery time before he can act again.

-Sly's electric roll gives 30AP, puts him out of range of all short/mid range attacks, so only mid range can hit him, takes priority to most other attacks, Radec's attacks go over it, and has less than 1/4 recover time.  The only attack that you can counter this with if playing as Parappa, is the mic grab right after a block(no other attack will reach that distance)  Kratos and Radec have no problem countering.  Fat Princess I can see hitting him with forward o, but I can't see anything coming from that but a small AP gain which Sly will gain more AP from a Fat Princess blocking his electric roll, and I don't think Sweet Tooth has anything that far that he can counter Sly with.  This attack needs to have atleast a second or two recovery on it so characters like Fat Princess and Sweet Tooth can atleast do something to counter this or the attack shouldn't travel as far and shouldn't send Sly back as far, since the attack can still be used in a combo.  I haven't figured out a 100AP combo with Sly yet, but I use this attack after I use down square, so it clearlyy doesn't need the range that it has.

-Sly's level three.  The only super that has a guaranteed chance to get six kills 100% of the time, unless playing against another Sly. 

He's clearly in a tier of his own with another tier inbetween just to seperate how good he is from everyone else.  I'm not too good with him though, so when I'm playing and there's another good Sly player, I haven't came in first, but when I've been playing as him and there's no other Sly players, I've been coming in first.

Sly OP?

Edit: image containing profanity removed

Message 66 of 91 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Jan 7, 2013
I've said it in other threads and I'll say it here:

Take away his invisibility, or at least make it a timed thing. So many Sly players just go invisibile for the whole game, only to come out to get a few hits or to do a surprise Super. That **bleep** would never fly in Brawl tournaments, and it should be no excuse here.

I'm not a fan of his electrical roll either.
Message 67 of 91 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
503 posts

Jan 7, 2013
People seriously need to learn how to change their strategy (if they even have one) to combat different opponents and stop whining
Message 68 of 91 (214 Views)
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jan 14, 2013
You've got to be kidding. You must be new to this game.
Too many imbalances. Not enough feedback.
Message 69 of 91 (183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 14, 2013

I don't think Sly needs to be nerfed. He is a unique character that takes a bit to master. In regards to his invisiblility and rolling, thats his only way of dodging, he has no block, the invisibility and rolling are compensation for that. Even though he is invisible, he isn't untouchable, you can still hit him. His level 1 isn't incredibly hard to dodge, and his level 3 can be avoided. I don't see why he would need a nerf.

Message 70 of 91 (177 Views)
0 Likes