Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Re: Why Sly's is overpowered and is the only character that needs to be nerfed.

Oct 28, 2012

Just watch the smoke he emits when he jumps and lands it works for me, and not only that but in a dark stage like Hades lair you have an easier time seeing him because you can see that he's a little transparent, finding him is only a problem for me when the Sly player starts lagging.

Message 41 of 91 (707 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Dec 15, 2012
Make a sly criticism post and all sly users will come saying he is fine, ofcourse.
I agree with every single word on your post, now people saying otherwise are just dumb.
Sly level 1 CANT be interrupted, you can hit sly but murray will still come out and make that run with broken range, and since it cant be interrupted he can trigger it getting hit during combos, anyone else just makes a noise and get interrupted, with sly murray comes out and kills, the fair thing would be for murray to DISSAPEAR when sly gets hit.
His electric roll must be his most broken move, i mean comon 30 ap gen with bounce to safe distance? and moreover, electric stun the opponent even if he blocks but walks into it? the fair thing would be adding a regular cooldown for that move so you actually have to use your brain instead of just spaming it (funny how people say sly is a technical character because he cant block but almost every sly online just spams electric roll), and on top of the electric roll he has the stuning clock.
And last if you say his lvl 3 is easy to dodge... i have no comment foe you really, all the first 2 points apply for you.
Message 42 of 91 (653 Views)
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Dec 15, 2012
Oh and his level 1 is NOT easy to dodge, it is possible but try doing it against a wall, yeah thats right murray kills even after the flop, you just have to touch it and it kills you, and if you are against a wall the distance changes, closing your dodge.
Message 43 of 91 (652 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Dec 15, 2012

I agree with a lot of these points. His decoy should have a MUCH higher recovery time to keep people from spamming it, his Level 1 has a ridiculous range, is extremely quick and can even be performed while INVISIBLE (as if it wasn't already hard to see coming), and his Electric Roll has been OP & spam friendly since the beta.

Message 44 of 91 (646 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 15, 2012
He can't b;ock or dodge...people seem to keep forgetting that, his invisibility is kinda useless since the camera pans out to match the distance between players so you're always going to know where he is relative to you and a lot of his attacks are extremly unsafe on block.

Sly can't air dodge or roll to get in on people or counteract lots of traps and projectiles so he suffers greatly against characters that can apply a lot of pressure or cover a lot of the screen.

People complain about his level 1 because you can't hit him out of it, that's true, but he can't even dodge anyone elses in the game and he doesn't have as many practical ways to hit confirm into it since getting in to set one up is harder since he can't dodge and Murray is easy to dodge by either rolling or jumping and doing a dodge simultaniously. If any character just throws out a random super and you choose to try hit them out of it instead of dodge then you're really not using all the tools you have available that sly doesn't have.

This is coming from a Fat Princess player and even smart Sly's suffer greatly against her because he can't avoid her mages, bombs, knights and far reaching wand attacks very well at all.
Message 45 of 91 (646 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

Dec 15, 2012

rodrigorh wrote:
Sly level 1 CANT be interrupted, 

It can be, you basically have to hit him as he activates it, before Murray is on the screen, its not easy, but it has happened to me numerous times, and the OP of this thread could even confirm that for you. Also why are you bumping a 2 month old thread to add this stuff.

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 46 of 91 (646 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Dec 15, 2012
yeah he cant block or dodgr but he goes invisible and teleports faster than anyone dodges, i saw one getting out (as he wad already inside) of an evil cole level 2
Message 47 of 91 (628 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Dec 15, 2012
He can activate it when he is getting hit in middle of combos, it cant be canceled dont you get it?
Message 48 of 91 (618 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

Dec 15, 2012

rodrigorh wrote:
He can activate it when he is getting hit in middle of combos, it cant be canceled dont you get it?

No he can't. I assure you it can be cancelled, if you played with Sly a lot you would have had this happen to you. I have probably played with Sly for over 300 hours since the original beta was released, and I can tell you 100% for a fact, it is possible to hit him out of his level 1. The OP of this thread has been playing 2v2 with me and has seen it happen to me at least twice too, I'm pretty sure.

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 49 of 91 (616 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Heres the thing with Sly. Sly can be beaten, but when you play against someone who truely knows what the are doing I have felt completely helpless at times. We know Sly cannot block, but he has a parry that in my experience is a setup for the AP stealing combo which takes away around 40AP, a teleport, and can go invisible. So the whole no blocking as a crutch... not really. The electric roll needs some sort of recovery or less of a bounceback when blocked in order to be punished either that or do something with the slide. Then his level 1, amazing, it forces the other players to fight from afar to not give up multiple points, since it starts behind him moves quickly and covers distance can be difficult to dodge.

Now his movelist makes sense because of who he is, he is stealthy so give him invisibility and a parry, he is a thief so allow him to steal AP. Don't take these away but make it more risk reward longer recovery for to punnish a bad move etc

I played a Sly that just used the counter move the whole game to get in close and steal my AP, so i just grabbed. had to learn when to hit him so the counter wouldnt work it was such a boring terrible game lol.

Message 50 of 91 (553 Views)
0 Likes