Nov 12 2012
By: JayJXZ Wastelander 726 posts

Why Sackboy is a good keep-away character.

[ Edited ]
28 replies 824 views Edited Nov 12, 2012

Sackboy

What I want to know is who is excited for sackboy, and what would you say to those people calling Sackboy's playstyle spamming? He definately has a few different option that radec in his keep away game.

It is my opinion that if you can use a character like that, keep away from enemies effectively and generate good AP from a distance without being beatdown, then it's a legit strategy and you deserve to win or at least do well. 

Reasons Sackboy is a good keep-away character:

- His fan is multi-purpose and perfect for keep away: It pushes your enemies away, and assists in launching your projectiles across the map. This only helps in making his projectiles and Jetpack Corkscrew better, so there isn't much reason in not using this is you can help it/

- The cakeinator move has a fairly short start-up time and can curve down with gravity, a generally good move for mid - long range and a shorter start up time that his Jam Orb. Mostly importantly, it generate good AP.

- The Jam Session attack has Sackboy pulling out a jam ball and shooting it forward. This is a very good projective attack, for the main reasons that 1: It had a potential to go very far and 2: It bounces off objects. That means even if you miss, there's a good chance that it could hit a wall and bounce and it your opponent anyway. Also generates a good amount of AP.

- Checkpoint Anchor/Popout has sackboy create a checkpoint anywhere on the map that he can quickly press a button and escape to. this is a VERY good move. It can help sackboy avoid supers and get away from enemies closing the distance, potentially making them have to travel to the opposite side of the map to get back to you, It is a very useful move overall.

- Bounce Pad Shield. This is Sackboy's down square move, and it is Pwnsome. Why? It's a launching move that pushes away  anyone who gets hit by it, allowing you to create suitable distance conditions, AND it can defect other projectiles! Radec trying to snipe you? Dante throwing his axe at you? Any other projectives? Hmmm. how about no.

- Electric Panel: This just adds to Sackboy's already great keep-away game. You place this bad boy in front of you and if an enemy steps on it they're stunned for a second. Once they're stunend you can use your Checkpoint to escape, start a melee combo, grab them, or hit them away with your Bounce Pad Shield.

- Bounce Pad Bounce: Sackboy create a pad that laucnhes him upwards, and stays on the ground for awhile. In addition, other players can use it. Good for getting away or helping a teammate get some air, and your projectiles can bounce off of it, creating very good attack situations if you know what you're doing.

-Jetpack Corkscrew: A charagable move that has Sackboy shot forward using his jetpack. this is great in conjuction with his fan, and he can travel quite a little distance this way. Helpful option for attacking a crowd in FFA.

Overall, I'm just excited for sackboy and his long range playstyle which is different from Radecs, and am happy to say he's going to be one of my main characters. How do toy guys feel about SackAttack?

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 1 of 29 (824 Views)
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Re: Why Sackboy is a good keep-away character.

Nov 12, 2012
Couldnt have said it better myself.
Please Respond
Message 2 of 29 (809 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 12, 2012
Pwnsome? really...
Message 3 of 29 (788 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

i really do love how Sackboy's moveset looks I'd really like him to be one of my alternate choices and you pretty much listed every reason why.

Message 4 of 29 (776 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
726 posts

Nov 12, 2012

barker09 wrote:
Pwnsome? really...

I was gonna say Godly, but I changed it at the last second and was like "Meh . . . Pwnsome'll do." XD

Dispite the wording, my point remains the same,

Message 5 of 29 (774 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Nov 12, 2012

glad to see a bit of sackboy hype. Not getting enough of that around here

Unfortunately, I don't think I've gotten to see any other moves other than those listed, his supers, and his grabs. Even still, he's got a really unique moveset. Only thing I can complain about is that he doesnt have a fan like that in LBP. and Dat bouncepad shield *drools*.

Overall, my fav franchise character seems like it could suit my playstylle well, and I'm happy about that. He portrays the sillyness and creativity of littlebigplanet well

Message 6 of 29 (764 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Nov 12, 2012
I wonder if sir daniels shield blocks sackboys projectiles

Message 7 of 29 (763 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
726 posts

Nov 12, 2012

ihatemath113 wrote:
I wonder if sir daniels shield blocks sackboys projectiles

I suppose it should, I guess.

On the topic of Sackboy too, his supers are pretty good.

Level 1: Seems a lot lack Parappa's to me, maybe slightly better? Worse? Dunno, haven't seen it in action enough to tell.

Level 2: Sackboy drops hot coals on his opponents, which disapears after a few seconds. This seems to be a very good level 2 super, I can see it easily getting three kills if droped on top of a lower corner of the Hades map or on a group of 3 close players. If not multiple kills, if you place it correctly it can make it almost impossible for a single person to escape, giving you an almost garenteed 1 kill.

Level 3: Godly. Said by Seth Killigan to be "one of the best level 3 supers in the game" Sackboy's opponents are trapped in a bubble and are very slow moving, and if you simply touch them they die. They also respawn, still trapped in bubbles, so it's possible for even more kills. In addition, there are other bubbles that appear on the screen than create items and drop AP. What more could you ask for?

Message 8 of 29 (731 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
726 posts

Nov 12, 2012
bump.

Message 9 of 29 (641 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Nov 12, 2012

by the time sackboys lvl three is over he could go collect the ap and already have half a meter full

Message 10 of 29 (624 Views)
0 Likes