Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2571 posts

Re: Why Polygon Man is a poor choice for the final boss

Nov 8, 2012

Because everyyone knew who Tabuu was, oh wait, they didn't because he didn't exist before the game, neither did Master hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 11 of 57 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Nov 8, 2012
He's great, people who don't know him will love him for his awesomeness in a similar way to master hand, people who do know him will love that they brought him back

Message 12 of 57 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Nov 8, 2012

Playstation might actualy have a REAL mascot because of him being in this game

Message 13 of 57 (378 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 8, 2012

the western devision of sony should revive polygon man, so the playstation can have two main mascots...

Play For Fun!
Message 14 of 57 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 8, 2012
@wobbleSPLAT As someone who never grew up with the PS1 because I was on the N64 side personally I like Polygon Man's design better than Master Hand's also Polygon Man can actually talk so that's another step forward.
Message 15 of 57 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Nov 8, 2012
Trolls be trolling. Always gotta try and kill the hype.
Message 16 of 57 (367 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 8, 2012

This might sound dumb but can someone explain polygon mans background for me. I have zero problem with him being the final boss, but only know he was an advertising type thing or something back around ps1. So is he evil? And for what? And what exactly is his background? Again sorry if this looks stupid on my part, but im not familiar with him at all which is weird since I'm familiar with most playstation history.

Message 17 of 57 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
397 posts

Nov 8, 2012

To the fellow before me (TwistedAvenger) no worries. I had no idea until a few weeks ago. Polygon man was the "Ps1 mascot" for a very short amount of time. The men upstairs hated him so he was scratched quickly. In his short run his catchphrases were always related to "Power" advertising the "power of the ps1". He has never appeared in a game however....

My take on Polygon man is that he is perfect. Pulling from a specific franchise would subliminaly say its superior to another. With P-Man you have no background. Only the idea of "Power". To see more about how he ties into the story i posted a new thread about it

Dunno how to make a Signature picture....
Message 18 of 57 (346 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Nov 8, 2012

COS-117 wrote:

When you fail to recognize the history and story behind his inclusion, it's a bad thread.

Best comment on this thread.

Message 19 of 57 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 8, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:

This might sound dumb but can someone explain polygon mans background for me. I have zero problem with him being the final boss, but only know he was an advertising type thing or something back around ps1. So is he evil? And for what? And what exactly is his background? Again sorry if this looks stupid on my part, but im not familiar with him at all which is weird since I'm familiar with most playstation history.

Polygon Man is actually the first Playstation mascot to ever exist. He was there before anyone; yes even third party Crash. The problem is that he had the appearance of a creepy, demonic figure; it didn't help that he insulted the consumers repeatidly. Because of this the entire character was scrapped.

As they said he was never really a bad guy; he was just kind of...well,  mean.

Message 20 of 57 (326 Views)
0 Likes