Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Re: Why PASBR should NOT go to Santa Monica

Feb 5, 2013

Santa Monica already was working with Superbot on this game. All this means is now Santa Monica has the raigns. Nothing to cry about.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 21 of 34 (208 Views)
Wastelander
726 posts

Feb 5, 2013

chunky_shtew wrote:

I have to agree with the OP. Not only will it be more difficult for Santa Monica to manage this game and future updates since they didn't create/code/design it, but they also do not have the vested interest in the game that Superbot does. Superbot created this game from the ground up, it was their 'love letter' to playstation fans, it was everything for them and is their biggest project and representation of their studio.

Santa Monica is a company receiving this game to now look after and provide future content for, which they don't have the greatest track record for apparently. This fact, combined with their lack of vested interest, makes me feel less than optimistic for this new change. Although change isn't always bad... if nothing ever changed there wouldn't be butterflies.

This. My main concern is after the DLC and what-not is said and done, will they provide patch updates and stuff for the game? I hope so, but i'm skeptical, since they didn't create the game and might not even care abou it that much.

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 22 of 34 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

I support

Feb 5, 2013

I support the idea of Santa Monica

Message 23 of 34 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Feb 5, 2013

wwinterj wrote:

Santa Monica already was working with Superbot on this game. All this means is now Santa Monica has the raigns. Nothing to cry about.

it's like people forget about this....

Play For Fun!
Message 24 of 34 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 5, 2013

achus93again wrote:

wwinterj wrote:

it's like people forget about this....

I don't think everybody forgets about this. I think it's more based off what the original post said, with them taking over FP and then just leaving it.

Message 25 of 34 (145 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
939 posts

Feb 5, 2013

This is what I hope is the plan that Santa Monica makes the DLC or finishes it and when the time is right assuming the PS4 will come out Superbot can work on a sequel after they finish their own original game since this isn't a game that comes out every year like Ratchet look at Smash they come out once a generation.

www.facebook.com/SonyTitleFight
 photo 893036_607240892638255_764515088_o1_zpsdc2e5a86.jpg
Message 26 of 34 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

Salvy35z wrote:

This is what I hope is the plan that Santa Monica makes the DLC or finishes it and when the time is right assuming the PS4 will come out Superbot can work on a sequel after they finish their own original game since this isn't a game that comes out every year like Ratchet look at Smash they come out once a generation.

You do have a point, with the rumors of the PS4 coming out maybe going super far with this game would be a bad idea and time to start developing for the sequel to be a launch title game. Wait.. dude. A new better All-Stars would probably be an awesome idea as a launch title! 

Although I do want to enjoy this game while I can, I just got it.

Message 27 of 34 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Santa Monica does not actually get to choose which project to work on, Sony is the one calling the shots. They arent doing work on Starhawk/Warhawk, FP and Twisted Metal because those games did not garner nearly enough interest to warrant the time spent on extra content. Yes some people loved them but not enough to create consistent updates. Warhawk and FP are old games and more than likely wont garner any new interest without crazy marketing, which is being used on GoW, Allstars (I saw a new PSASBR literally every commercial break on 3 different channels over the weekend) and im assuming The Last of Us. Starhawk isnt getting any updates because it sold very poorly, Sony made the right call by cutting ties and handing it over to Santa Monica. They helped on the project in the first place and they will do a much better job.
Message 28 of 34 (118 Views)
Last Guardian
9942 posts

Feb 5, 2013
All we can do is wait and see.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 29 of 34 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Feb 5, 2013

boboMELOSHE wrote:
Santa Monica does not actually get to choose which project to work on, Sony is the one calling the shots. They arent doing work on Starhawk/Warhawk, FP and Twisted Metal because those games did not garner nearly enough interest to warrant the time spent on extra content. Yes some people loved them but not enough to create consistent updates. Warhawk and FP are old games and more than likely wont garner any new interest without crazy marketing, which is being used on GoW, Allstars (I saw a new PSASBR literally every commercial break on 3 different channels over the weekend) and im assuming The Last of Us. Starhawk isnt getting any updates because it sold very poorly, Sony made the right call by cutting ties and handing it over to Santa Monica. They helped on the project in the first place and they will do a much better job.

I have not seen any marketing on TV in regards to All Stars except the Robot Chicken ad which I originally saw online and I've only seen it once on TV. Really bad marketing if you ask me. But at the same time I've only seen one ad for GOWA as well on TV so I can assume bad marketing is systemic with Sony like alot of people are echoing.

Message 30 of 34 (109 Views)
0 Likes