Survivor
2388 posts

This game sold better than both Twisted Metal and FP. All...

Feb 4, 2013

This game sold better than both Twisted Metal and FP. Allstars easily has the potential to become a major player for Sony. Twisted Metal was running completely off of nostalgia, new consumers just werent in to it, plus the game didnt work for the first little while. I stand behind my statement, this is the best possible thing to happen to PSASBR. Once GoW has launched I think we'll here some good things. They could probably get some backing from 3rd parties for characters the fans want (Cloud, Crash, Snake...)

Message 11 of 34 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Re: Why PASBR should NOT go to Santa Monica

Feb 4, 2013

Exactly how many things is Santa Monica working on this point?

-They apparently were handling FP.

-They were put in charge of Starhawk and Warhawk once Sony cut ties with LightBox

-I think it's the same deal with Twisted Metal once Sony cut Eat Sleep Play loose & Jaffe left

-They're obviously making GoW:A (might be working on the DLC for that too, though it could be outsourced)

-Jaffe said that GoW3's Game Director is still at Santa Monica doing something unrelated to GoW:A

-They must have something in the works for PS4...

And now they're apparently supposed to keep supporting All-Stars. Is this company even big enough to handle these many projects (especially if the Stig project could easily take up half a studio if it's a big budget game?)

Message 12 of 34 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
434 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Honestly, this will probably be a good move for psas, I think we might even get the net code fixed up Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 34 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I have to agree with the OP. Not only will it be more difficult for Santa Monica to manage this game and future updates since they didn't create/code/design it, but they also do not have the vested interest in the game that Superbot does. Superbot created this game from the ground up, it was their 'love letter' to playstation fans, it was everything for them and is their biggest project and representation of their studio.

Santa Monica is a company receiving this game to now look after and provide future content for, which they don't have the greatest track record for apparently. This fact, combined with their lack of vested interest, makes me feel less than optimistic for this new change. Although change isn't always bad... if nothing ever changed there wouldn't be butterflies.

Message 14 of 34 (253 Views)
Survivor
2443 posts

Feb 5, 2013
So I guess the kratos nerf is never gonna come..
Message 15 of 34 (240 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Feb 5, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:

LOL no chance in hell now. Or should I say the UNDERWORLD!!!! Haha

Message 16 of 34 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1969 posts

Well.. So long PSABR. Another game that Santa Monica will...

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

Well.. So long PSABR. Another game that Santa Monica will abandon like they did to Twisted Metal and Fat Princess. I love Santa Monica and just about every game they make, I just don't like some choices that they made. Although I don't blame them for leaving Twisted Metal alone since there was too much to be done for a game that wasn't selling as good.

But I wish Superbot good luck! Maybe they'll make Title Fight! 

I wonder who will be next to make Playstation All-Stars.

Message 17 of 34 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Feb 5, 2013
All stars is a bigger game than fat P. Yes Fat P should have got more updates and DLC, it was an amazing game, but All Stars is a higher budget and a bigger game with DLc already planed.

After playing GOWA i trust SM, i i would not doubt them on this game because of one game in the past
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 18 of 34 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Feb 5, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:

This is a very good point. I wonder how Santa will handle the patching/balance changes. I really hope they fix the sound issue on the vita, it really detracts from the game playing in complete silence being able to only hear character sounds. I even restart my game and it doesn't always resolve the issue. If Superbot didn't even test their patches then what makes us think that Santa will?

Message 19 of 34 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4327 posts

Feb 5, 2013
I suppose it depends on their communication with us and how well they can fix balance and technical issues. Well, aren't they good enough to meet our demands?
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 20 of 34 (202 Views)
0 Likes