Feb 04 2013
By: lagreenmachine97 First Son 1 posts

Why PASBR should NOT go to Santa Monica

33 replies 731 views Edited Feb 4, 2013

Allowing Santa Monica to take over All Stars is a TERRIBLE IDEA. To begin with, Santa Monica worked with Titan Studios to create a game called 'Fat Princess' This game was amazing!!! However, Titan Studios let go of Fat Princess and gave it to Santa Monica, to support it with patches and DLC. Santa Monica gave ONE patch and ONE DLC for Fat Princess. SuperBot promised DLC before the game even launched!! Fans want more Characters! and better gameplay. For example, anybody who has played Fat Princess knows the online connection is complete crap, unless you are the host. Now i am not sure if Santa Monica runs the servers for Fat Princess, but if they are, Online experience will become garbage if it is moved to a server such as Fat Princess. I say keep SuperBot and to hell with Santa Monica. From Santa Monica's past, their idea of "support a game with patches and DLC" is about 2 - 3.  Please Sony, this is an atrocity on your part.

SuperBot For the Win!!!

Message 1 of 34 (731 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: Why PASBR should NOT go to Santa Monica

Feb 4, 2013

So base your assumption off one game, just brillant

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 2 of 34 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Feb 4, 2013
I think this is actually great, Santa Monica will be finishing up GoW soon and can section off a section of there team to focus on PSASBR content. These guys have proven track records of AMAZING combat and animation, much better than SB. If the IP was going to any other Sony studio I would be worried (Naughty Dog could probably do a great job as well). Im glad this happened Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 34 (690 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Servers for Sony exclusive games are run by Sony. SuperBot's studio did not contain a bunch of servers for the online play, and neither does SSM's most likely. You can blame Sony and PSN for server issues with pretty much every exclusive game. Also, Fat Princess wasn't supported by further DLC because not many people got the DLC in the first place, and the userbase was pretty dead at that point from what I recall. Lastly, don't forget that SSM is not simply one big studio, but a collection of hundreds of employees of varied backgrounds. Considering the entire studio evil because of one game whose downfall they really had no direct part of is foolish, especially in a comparison to a game like PSAS, that Sony obviously wants to succeed and continue under the guidance of a more experienced studio.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 4 of 34 (685 Views)
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Feb 4, 2013

i absolutely loved fat princess when it first came out. It had so much potential...and then it was abandoned.  I still enjoy it well enough but oh what it could have been

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 34 (682 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Santa monica craes about one thing only GOD OF WAR , twisted metal starhawk etc... idfk what sonys smoking up there **bleep** handing games to santa monica who in my opinion just liek posting there **bleep** name on things... Naughty dog was going to make this game originaly.. so who knows 

Message 6 of 34 (650 Views)
Survivor
2388 posts

Feb 4, 2013
I cant believe people are hating on the fact that Santa Monica has control over this game now, this is probably the best thing to happen to PSASBR.
Message 7 of 34 (619 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Feb 4, 2013
This is probably what's going to happen..
Message 8 of 34 (618 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Feb 4, 2013

It's hard to form an opinion on this studio handling the game now...

At first I thought: "Wait a minute, didn't SS just brag about how they made a lag free online for GoW:Ascension?"

Then I remember that apparently, Twisted Metal wasn't patched for around 6 months and now you guys are saying that Fat Princess currently has horrible online.

I'm having mixed opinions here.

Message 9 of 34 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Feb 4, 2013

frogmanlego wrote:

Santa monica craes about one thing only GOD OF WAR , twisted metal starhawk etc... idfk what sonys smoking up there **bleep** handing games to santa monica who in my opinion just liek posting there **bleep** name on things... Naughty dog was going to make this game originaly.. so who knows 

Naughty Dog has little to no experience with fighting games, I heard that they've only made 1 fighting game, and it sucked.

Message 10 of 34 (568 Views)
0 Likes