Sackboy
518 posts

Re: Why PASBR is good and not a rippoff, and even good for SSB

Jul 18, 2012
Its very good for everyone.. Smash Bros is a huge deal because of all the franchises and characters involved have big fan bases.. Instead of just playing a mario or Pokemon or Zelda,how about all them in one game.. and thats the best part about these games is how many different cool series are involved.. Its great for PS3 and hopefully we get a series going with better installments in the future too.. Finally we have a game that can at least compare to Smash bros.. a rival so to speak.. lol
Message 11 of 16 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jul 18, 2012

theESC wrote:
Its very good for everyone.. Smash Bros is a huge deal because of all the franchises and characters involved have big fan bases.. Instead of just playing a mario or Pokemon or Zelda,how about all them in one game.. and thats the best part about these games is how many different cool series are involved.. Its great for PS3 and hopefully we get a series going with better installments in the future too.. Finally we have a game that can at least compare to Smash bros.. a rival so to speak.. lol

it was a rival the very first moment, someone said Sony smash brothers.

But i get your point, PASBR is not a full rival atm. That we need to see in the future. Anything else you said before. I aggree full.

--------------------------------

I give you Kudos for real Money --- pm me. . . . .
Message 12 of 16 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
644 posts

Jul 18, 2012
I was talking with some friends and found the actual differences in gameplay. First is the stages, they are new and as far as ive seen they arent fall to death. Which brings the battle system you dont die for something stupid or random or the stage (which is cool but gets annoying and old) you die because someone planned it not out of luck. Another point is that it has more of a classic fighter with low medium and high attacks unlike brawls normal and special attacks. Those are major differences
Message 13 of 16 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Jul 18, 2012

I like where this thread goes. 

I just feel the need to question the gamers who commonly refer to this (and other "Smash-clones") as RIPOFFS....

Why aren't traditional 2D fighter games also called SFII ripoffs. Or more specifically, why can't the haters simply accept the fact that this is a GENRE. And a pretty **bleep** FUN one at that.

One would think that after 10 Smash Clones they would finally get it through their thick skulls that it's an established game genre, not just another copy.

Message 14 of 16 (77 Views)
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jul 18, 2012

DJ-ecchi wrote:

I like where this thread goes. 

I just feel the need to question the gamers who commonly refer to this (and other "Smash-clones") as RIPOFFS....

Why aren't traditional 2D fighter games also called SFII ripoffs. Or more specifically, why can't the haters simply accept the fact that this is a GENRE. And a pretty **bleep** FUN one at that.

One would think that after 10 Smash Clones they would finally get it through their thick skulls that it's an established game genre, not just another copy.

good point

Message 15 of 16 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jul 20, 2012

bumb Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 16 (56 Views)
0 Likes