Jul 18 2012
By: oRanGE_FruiT_GS Lombax Warrior 147 posts

Why PASBR is good and not a rippoff, and even good for SSB

[ Edited ]
15 replies 451 views Edited Jul 18, 2012

First off all i wanna say that ssb is a very good game though. But yes there are other games that share the same game model like ssb before PASBR. It is a genre where only ssb stands out, becouse of there repetoire of unique and famous nintendo characters, items and stages.But yea, it is only for nintendo. So Sony has also many unique character that should be praised and shown to all people. It is clear that sony uses a model like SSB as the basics for their fighting game. Becouse it is the only reasonable gameplay mechanic that would work for all those very diffrent characters. Think about a gameplay like street figher or marvel vs capcom. THat wouldnt work, well not as good as the side brawler type.  I think it is awesome that sony made this step up against all future hates of making a "ripp-off".

Sure its money making, but the essence of praising playstation characters is also there, and thats the big point.

Makin it possible for ppl who love playstation and their universes to experience also, what nintendo fans can experience.

A mashup between famous characters. Why would you dont want ppl to have that experience?? Thats selfish.

But ye, you ask why its even good for SSB to have PASBR.

1.Playstation all stars isnt just copiying smash brothers. They come up with many new features that are new to the genre.

1.1 Having a whole diffrent fighting gameplay. Its not about health bars, but about supers. Which is a huge diffrence in the gameplay   itself. It is ressource managment instead of getting enemys precentage up. It's a nice addition to new gameplay styles and will hopefully play out well.

1.2 The stages consist of 2 ip's instead of one. These create great opportunities of ip mashups beyond only diffrent characters fight against each other. I love the idea and hope too see more inovative stages.

1.3 Similar point. They create new music by combining 2 songs of 2 diffrent ip's and make remixes. Nice

1.4 They improve greatly on Online play, with tournaments and so on.

1.5 Cloud saving. It lets u play evrywhere you want on your ps vita and lets you keep on at home with ur ps3. (if you have both consoles)

1.6 Cross platform lets you play vita guys with playstation 3 guys. It makes a bigger community and its a nice feature.

1.7 Costumes and not only colour swaps.

1.8 Having the original voice actors for their characters. Thats fan service and some really good feature for fans.

1.9 Orinigal makers of the characters, like the one from big daddy is writing his story. So the character stays himself true in best ways. Well it wont be an outstanding story, as i guess. But it will be dissida like. Some cool words and much fan service. (rivalty system )

1.10 More care for 3rd party characters also. Not only 1 guest character (snake for brawl) for example. ( CountMario inspired me to include this ^^)

2.SSB is like a fat chick owing this whole genre. That means, it can do whatever it wants, becouse it has no rival. They could improve nothing for the game, and it still would sell like **bleep**, becouse noone can say that this or that game have features that are better.

It's like fat princess has a big cake and she dosnt need to share it. But imagine another far princess comes and want it too.

Than they need to fight for it, what makes the competition better, and leads to new and great inventions for both companys.

2. NEw SSB can learn from PASBR, like PASBR learned from SSB.

Which means, SSB will be forced to do some better online play.

It means, SSB can be forced to implement costumes for mario etc. . . , becouse there is another famous game that has it.

You get the Point right?

3 And last. Sure they are rivals. But in an indirect way. PASBR for Sony. SSB for Nintendo. Kinda same basics as a 4 player side brawler. They dosnt direct interrupt the sales of each other, becouse they are on diffrent consoles. But help each other becouse they are in the same genre. Like shooters learn from shooters, platformers from platformes and so on.

Well i like your thoughts about that. Never read sth like PABR is good for ssb. So i thought i came up with writing down what i think about this. I love both games, and i love that there is now a competition between this games. And i hope PASBR will be as famous as SSB so we have 2 long living franchises.

--------------------------------

I give you Kudos for real Money --- pm me. . . . .
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (451 Views)
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Re: Why PASBR is good and not a rippoff, and even good for SSB

Jul 18, 2012

kudos, great thread

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (421 Views)
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 18, 2012

I stopped caring about what these idiots were saying after realizing it was just a useless excuse to get my blood pressure up to them being ignorant, selfish, and incompetent. They don't even observe the gameplay which clearly shows difference. Not to mention third-party plays a bigger role in this game than Brawl.

Facepalm

Honestly, it's just not worth it.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jul 18, 2012

CountMario wrote:

I stopped caring about what these idiots were saying after realizing it was just a useless excuse to get my blood pressure up to them being ignorant, selfish, and incompetent. They don't even observe the gameplay which clearly shows difference. Not to mention third-party plays a bigger role in this game than Brawl.

Facepalm

Honestly, it's just not worth it.

Maybe its not worth. But honestly i felt like typin that down. Besides i wrote it also down for neutral ppl and ppl who love the game already. Not only for the haters.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 18, 2012
Oh no, I didn't mean to bring you down or nothing. No, I respect that you wrote this! I was just talking about me personally, because I've had more than my fair share of experience trying to sort things out with these fanboys. I'm simply tired of it and don't really feel like it's worth it. I can respect people like you though trying to make a change, although I personally don't see it happening as every major first-party game gets flooded with fanboys, no matter the company.
"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jul 18, 2012

i got your point, dont worry. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Anyway I can kudos this multiple times?

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Silverfalcon3000 wrote:

Anyway I can kudos this multiple times?

appreciate xD

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (345 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 18, 2012
Kudos for being optimistic. One thing PSABR has going for it is balance patches (in case some characters are too OP). I hope SSB takes note in that. It's really fustrating how SSB is develop for one console generation to be abandon by its developers. Most fighting games in this gen continue to be updated with patches unlike SSB. Maybe there is a reason for that though....The developers of SSB do not see their game as competitive.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5325 posts

Jul 18, 2012
I agree with everything but this: PASBR isn't "good"...it's "GREAT!"
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (311 Views)
0 Likes