lol not at all.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 22 of 51 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Re: Why No Love for Persona?

Aug 17, 2012

I was introduced to Persona 3 and when my friend told me the gameplay I thought it was stupid. But then I started playing it and 18 hours later I was still on the couch. I was hooked. Unfortunately i haven't played 1 or 2 and probably never will. Persona 4 was an even better game. The gameplay was fun, story was well crafted, touched on themes that aren't in games as much, a reason I loved Catherine so much, and the story was really moving. If you loved the story of Kingdom Hearts and what it means to have friends and those connections than you will probably be moved by Persona 3 or 4's story. The games are ps2 exclusive and in my opinion I they are equals in the JRPG genre with FF 7,8,9,10.

If you've never played a Persona game go to the PSN and download Persona 3FES, well worth the money and you too will feel that this game should be represented at some point in this series. I can see the rage of people if a persona character gets announced because they aren't familiar with them, but oh well. Adding a Persona character would ensure this game sells well in Japan, just like Cloud's addition, so why not add a character that would help the games chances in the future. Cloud would help Japan and American, Persona would boost Japans moreso, Sora Japan and America. I say Persona is PS History even if we aren't well-versed.

Message 23 of 51 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2012

frogmanlego wrote:
jrpgs period are stuck in the 90's

U do know this is the HISTORY of Playstation right. Which is why the game is called Playstation ALL-STARS Battle Royale and not American Playstation 2012 Battle Royale

Message 24 of 51 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Aug 17, 2012

yooobooyj wrote:

frogmanlego wrote:
jrpgs period are stuck in the 90's

U do know this is the HISTORY of Playstation right. Which is why the game is called Playstation ALL-STARS Battle Royale and not American Playstation 2012 Battle Royale

yes ignore him;p im sure hes the same person that has requested Ghost from COD or something along those lines.

Message 25 of 51 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Aug 17, 2012

Never really find my self into games like Persona, but we do need some JRPG characters. RPG characters like Dart is fine and all but, JRPG's are really important in Playstation's History. Like KOS-MOS, Laharl... or Etna, A Tales character maybe? Probably not. But you get the drift. 

Message 26 of 51 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Aug 17, 2012

trophygal2000 wrote:

Never really find my self into games like Persona, but we do need some JRPG characters. RPG characters like Dart is fine and all but, JRPG's are really important in Playstation's History. Like KOS-MOS, Laharl... or Etna, A Tales character maybe? Probably not. But you get the drift. 

tales!! i knew there was another huge series haha, but we would most likely get etnaSmiley Happy if i went around asking people if they knew a JRPG character it would be etna for sure.

Message 27 of 51 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Aug 17, 2012

OrderlyChaos87 wrote:

I was introduced to Persona 3 and when my friend told me the gameplay I thought it was stupid. But then I started playing it and 18 hours later I was still on the couch. I was hooked. Unfortunately i haven't played 1 or 2 and probably never will. Persona 4 was an even better game. The gameplay was fun, story was well crafted, touched on themes that aren't in games as much, a reason I loved Catherine so much, and the story was really moving. If you loved the story of Kingdom Hearts and what it means to have friends and those connections than you will probably be moved by Persona 3 or 4's story. The games are ps2 exclusive and in my opinion I they are equals in the JRPG genre with FF 7,8,9,10.

If you've never played a Persona game go to the PSN and download Persona 3FES, well worth the money and you too will feel that this game should be represented at some point in this series. I can see the rage of people if a persona character gets announced because they aren't familiar with them, but oh well. Adding a Persona character would ensure this game sells well in Japan, just like Cloud's addition, so why not add a character that would help the games chances in the future. Cloud would help Japan and American, Persona would boost Japans moreso, Sora Japan and America. I say Persona is PS History even if we aren't well-versed.

U I like. U give good reasons and an ACTUAL explanation. Yeah a sequel would seem better to put them in but still they are Playstation icons. Plus u even played Catherine that's cool. I played it and beat it twice, I loved the story Smiley Happy

@zeothedeathgod: Yeah it seems that way, he doesn't even give explanations. Just very awkward and weird one liners that don't help the situation

Message 28 of 51 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Aug 17, 2012

yooobooyj wrote:

OrderlyChaos87 wrote:

U I like. U give good reasons and an ACTUAL explanation. Yeah a sequel would seem better to put them in but still they are Playstation icons. Plus u even played Catherine that's cool. I played it and beat it twice, I loved the story Smiley Happy

@zeothedeathgod: Yeah it seems that way, he doesn't even give explanations. Just very awkward and weird one liners that don't help the situation

yeah haha, they are doing DLC Smiley Happy so hope to see a JRPG rep for that at leastSmiley Wink if not in the game already, i think a JRPG rep could maybe help sell the game though;p for some people

Message 29 of 51 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Aug 17, 2012
@zeothedeathgod if you asked who's a JRPG character is I would say I can't even name an JRPG game. what does the j stand for?
IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 30 of 51 (102 Views)
0 Likes