Wastelander
756 posts

Re: Why No Love for Persona?

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Moonlight150 wrote:

no anime-esque characters

what...? Persona and disgaea and most JRPGs would be fine...they are a HUGE part of playstation and sony. I dont get why people want these realistic characters. Persona and disgaea would make awesome and interesting characters for the game, that would actually fit in perfectly.

Me neither. It'd be ridiculous if they only put realistic characters in the game. Saying not to put a character in because they look a little *ANIME* is like saying Cloud can't be in because he has spiky hair, Or Jak can't be in because he has too long of ears.

Message 11 of 51 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Aug 17, 2012
^i don't like anime and Japaneese characters. I accept Sira and cloud in but I kinda cross the line at persona. Leave it for the sequel. And from my personal opinion I want to see more American characters
IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 12 of 51 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Aug 17, 2012
Honestly every kid in my school who liked the series was a bit touched in the head, one i knew was always pointing his hand ta his head like a gun and shooting it. ugh.. and persona three was very blasphemous so yea , keep that weird **bleep** outta here
Message 13 of 51 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Aug 17, 2012

frogmanlego wrote:
Honestly every kid in my school who liked the series was a bit touched in the head, one i knew was always pointing his hand ta his head like a gun and shooting it. ugh.. and persona three was very blasphemous so yea , keep that weird **bleep** outta here

really...? what is wrong with some people, they are highly praised series. People dont like persona/disgaea/anything else, but yet they eat up final fantasy and most RPGs >.> they are pretty much the same thing....

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 14 of 51 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2012

U guys do know that Spike looks a lot like the characters u don't want. See what I mean.

Ape Escape Spike Laharl Figure

All it takes is a little designing to make even an *ANIME* character look like a cool real character. As shown by the Laharl figure.

Message 15 of 51 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Aug 17, 2012

yooobooyj wrote:

Srry for double posting but u guys do know that Spike looks a lot like the characters u don't want. See what I mean.

All it takes is a little designing to make even an *ANIME* character look like a cool real character. As shown by the Laharl figure.

yeah. OLD dante is straight from games such as persona, hell any final fantasy/kingdom hearts character is too. so im guessing these same people dont want them either? Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 51 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Aug 17, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

yooobooyj wrote:

Srry for double posting but u guys do know that Spike looks a lot like the characters u don't want. See what I mean.

yeah. OLD dante is straight from games such as persona, hell any final fantasy/kingdom hearts character is too. so im guessing these same people dont want them either? Smiley Tongue

At first I thought that maybe ppl just didn't think that Persona was a good part of history or something, but now I'm just seeing the dislike of the design the characters originated from. Seriously though I don't care if the character is a flower petal from Flower as long as I can see that their a part of PS history I don't mind one bit. Though it'll depend more on what Japan thinks of the game and what SuperBot wants to do to make them want it too. 

I hope ppl do know this is coming out in Japan too right. We aren't the only region thats getting this game.

Message 17 of 51 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Aug 17, 2012

Persona 3 or 4 character deserves a spot. And we can't say that we want more American or Japanese characters because thats a little closed minded. I think they have a good shot at the sequel but they would fit extremely well into this series. So no anime characters then that means no sora or cloud then welp thats a shame then i guess. I for one am not a big anime fan. But games like persona are great, I want to get Ni No Kuni because it looks great, and movies like Howl's Moving Castle are great. I understand not wanting Goku or Naruto, but to deny a character that is popular in Japan, I mean persona 4 is now a stage play in japan it means  a lot over there.

Saying we want more american characters is just rude. What if this game was made by a japanese company and they didn't include dDrake, Kratos, Cole because they wanted Japanese characters. You have to learn to be more accepting which is why Toro is seen as a wasted slot.

For a community that is all about supporting this game and giving it a chance to succeed you don't let alot of other things get a chance.

Message 18 of 51 (242 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Aug 17, 2012

yooobooyj wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

yooobooyj wrote:

At first I thought that maybe ppl just didn't think that Persona was a good part of history or something, but now I'm just seeing the dislike of the design the characters originated from. Seriously though I don't care if the character is a flower petal from Flower as long as I can see that their a part of PS history I don't mind one bit. Though it'll depend more on what Japan thinks of the game and what SuperBot wants to do to make them want it too. 

I hope ppl do know this is coming out in Japan too right. We aren't the only region thats getting this game.

agreed! haha, i would love to see some characters represented Smiley Tongue, JRPG characters are welcome, but i have a feeling we may HAVE to wait till the sequel :/

Message 19 of 51 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Aug 17, 2012

OrderlyChaos87 wrote:

Persona 3 or 4 character deserves a spot. And we can't say that we want more American or Japanese characters because thats a little closed minded. I think they have a good shot at the sequel but they would fit extremely well into this series. So no anime characters then that means no sora or cloud then welp thats a shame then i guess. I for one am not a big anime fan. But games like persona are great, I want to get Ni No Kuni because it looks great, and movies like Howl's Moving Castle are great. I understand not wanting Goku or Naruto, but to deny a character that is popular in Japan, I mean persona 4 is now a stage play in japan it means  a lot over there.

Saying we want more american characters is just rude. What if this game was made by a japanese company and they didn't include dDrake, Kratos, Cole because they wanted Japanese characters. You have to learn to be more accepting which is why Toro is seen as a wasted slot.

For a community that is all about supporting this game and giving it a chance to succeed you don't let alot of other things get a chance.

^ this, thank youSmiley Happy JRPG characters are very welcome here!!! hope to be surprised by one in the final rosterSmiley Wink maybe a hidden unlockable, it would probably be etna, most people know her.

Message 20 of 51 (236 Views)
0 Likes