Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: Why No Love for Persona?

Aug 17, 2012

StefanForsell24 wrote:
@zeothedeathgod if you asked who's a JRPG character is I would say I can't even name an JRPG game. what does the j stand for?

it stands for japanese:smileytongue: as in japanese role playing games:smileyhappy:

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 41 of 51 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2012

You mean, why no love for the Megami Tensei series? lol jk :cathappy:

P3 an P4 were two of the best RPGs last gen. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Yu or Yosuke included, but not too many people think about Persona OR Disgaea unless it's in a RPG mash-up (like that Cross Edge game). I think neither series is as popular as the Final Fantasy series over here in the West.

Message 42 of 51 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Aug 17, 2012

CircleBoi6 wrote:

You mean, why no love for the Megami Tensei series? lol jk :cathappy:

P3 an P4 were two of the best RPGs last gen. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Yu or Yosuke inclue.

yeah haha:smileyhappy: i said this earlier, well the top part;p

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 43 of 51 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Aug 17, 2012

I Have never played persona (or really any JRPGS and that includes final fantasy except FF 4) but PSABR is a celebration to everything sony related isn't it? There are already a lot of characters on the roster that I dont know much about but I will still play as them just because they are there (: I think if persona was a solid PS game then it should have something to do with this game. At least an item/crazy anime level. I am looking forward to this game no matter who is in the roster. Its gonna be a awesome, new playstation exclusive title that xbox should be jealous of :smileywink: :smileytongue:

Message 44 of 51 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Aug 17, 2012

Yeah it is not too big in the west. That is a reason that Catherine came out was to see if that style would translate to western audiences so I'm sure Persona 5 will be announced for either this or next gen. But ignorance and selfishness are not reasons for a character to be excluded.

Message 45 of 51 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Aug 17, 2012

Because barley anybody knows what that is. We already have a character like that, Toro.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 46 of 51 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2012

god-of-paradise wrote:

I Have never played persona (or really any JRPGS and that includes final fantasy except FF 4) but PSABR is a celebration to everything sony related isn't it? There are already a lot of characters on the roster that I dont know much about but I will still play as them just because they are there (: I think if persona was a solid PS game then it should have something to do with this game. At least an item/crazy anime level. I am looking forward to this game no matter who is in the roster. Its gonna be a awesome, new playstation exclusive title that xbox should be jealous of :smileywink: :smileytongue:

U I like. U gave a good reason for anybody in the roster. Like I said before I don't care if it's a flower petal from Flower as a character. As long as theirs an explanation on why they are important to Sony that's all that matters. Who cares if they're animated, CG, 3D, real, I don't care. Apperance is the last thing I think about when I'm thinking of a potential character in the game.

Message 47 of 51 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Sep 18, 2012

If you guys want to join the Revoluution to bring Yu Narukami in this game pm me.

Message 48 of 51 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Sep 18, 2012
You should really try Persona. It's on psn only for $10.00
Message 49 of 51 (36 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 18, 2012

I've never played a Persona game, but I saw some PS4 Arena gameplay and thought it looked pretty cool. I don't know what the actual gameplay of Persona is like though, but I know about the Personas and such. Also whoever mentioned the thing about the guy who would point his fingers like a gun and shoot himself, thats actually from the Persona games, I believe. It's how they evoke their persona. 

Anyways, I say the more the merrier. Needs more broad representation of playstation history. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 50 of 51 (33 Views)
0 Likes