Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 17 2012
By: yooobooyj Wastelander 756 posts

Why No Love for Persona?

[ Edited ]
50 replies 313 views Edited Aug 17, 2012

Does anybody except me actually think of Persona as a part of PS history. All of the Persona games came out on PS2/PSP exclusively (Except P4 Arena obviously). Persona 4 and Persona 3 is deemed to be one of the top JRPG's made for the PS2. Plus Persona 4 The Golden is selling Vitas in Japan which Sony can't ignore something like that. For last but not least Persona 3 Portable has been the top-selling PSP game ever since it was released, and everytime I talk about the PSP with someone I can't get out the conversation without P3P being mentioned. It would be pretty awesome to see Minato or Yu running around the stage summoning their personas and using their swords :smileyhappy:

So does anyone else see them as a part of Sony history to be a contender for this game or is it just me? We need more JRPG characters anyway thats for sure.

I thought of making this thread to get a relief for ppl from all the FF threads everywhere.

Message 1 of 51 (313 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: Why No Love for Persona?

Aug 17, 2012

yooobooyj wrote:

Does anybody except me actually think of Persona as a part of PS history. All of the Persona games came out on PS2/PSP exclusively (Except P4 Arena obviously). Persona 4 and Persona 3 is deemed to be one of the top JRPG's made for the PS2. Plus Persona 4 The Golden is selling Vitas in Japan which Sony can't ignore something like that. For last but not least Persona 3 Portable has been the top-selling PSP game ever since it was released, and everytime I talk about the PSP with someone I can't get out the conversation without P3P being mentioned. It would be pretty awesome to see Minato or Yu running around the stage summoning their personas and using their swords :smileyhappy:

So does anyone else see them as a part of Sony history to be a contender for this game or is it just me? We need more JRPG characters anyway thats for sure.

I thought of making this thread to get a relief for ppl from all the FF threads everywhere.

id rather have a rep from disgaea :/ i think they are more iconic, persona is a great series, but to be truthful, more people know disgaea, i know many people who have never even heard of shin megami tensei :/

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 2 of 51 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Aug 17, 2012

I've never played a Persona, but have friends that swear by it. It has had a good history and would be fun to add more rpg chars into the game. I'm happy adding any character into the game though. I'd love to see more roster additions.

You seem to be a Persona fan. I have friends that say it's good but do you think Persona 4 would be worth me picking up to get into the series? 

Message 3 of 51 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Aug 17, 2012
it just wouldn't fit in this game
Message 4 of 51 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Aug 17, 2012

krusher10 wrote:

except it would actually be a perfect fit xD just like disgaea :smileytongue:

Message 5 of 51 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Aug 17, 2012
After we get some more American 3rd party we can get some persona in the sequel
IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 6 of 51 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
497 posts

Aug 17, 2012

no anime-esque characters

photo Deadpool_zpsa17e78d8.gif
Message 7 of 51 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Aug 17, 2012

Moonlight150 wrote:

no anime-esque characters

what...? Persona and disgaea and most JRPGs would be fine...they are a HUGE part of playstation and sony. I dont get why people want these realistic characters. Persona and disgaea would make awesome and interesting characters for the game, that would actually fit in perfectly.

Message 8 of 51 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Aug 17, 2012

krusher10 wrote:

If they can make Spike a fighter in the game trust me they can put any character in this game. His design too.

Message 9 of 51 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Aug 17, 2012
it just wouldn't feel right with anime characters
Message 10 of 51 (269 Views)
0 Likes