Reply
Survivor
Registered: 12/09/2012
Offline
2365 posts
 

Re: Why Kratos needs to be nerfed or banned (from major 1v1 tournaments).

Feb 16, 2013

Xx_shawna_xX wrote:

Actually you didn't list any. Yes I did. Didn't you see? "A quick list: Fat Princess, Sackboy, Ratchet, Evil Cole [next ones more even] Big Daddy Drake, and Radec. " And that list was done fast. There are even more.

 

You just complained about FP and Kat's ability to do a 0 to Kill combo. I did not complain. I showed you the difinition of broken, something unintended to even be in the game and is rediculously powerful. 

 

And you need to brush up on your fighting terminology; no it does not mean that. Even Yun was able to be beaten is Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition before the patch and he was broken. Because of his properties. Akuma could stand up to him but did that mean that Yun wasn't broken? No. Those "properties" he has actually make him harder to beat. Go study the frames yourself if you really want to make an argument. Get a HDPVR and record some attacks with Kratos and then skip frame by frame. Until then, don't talk like you know everything. His so called unbeatable properties allow him to be beaten by enough of the cast to make them negligable. He has nother to make him invinsible I promise you. I can watch as many frames as you want. And you filmed on a stage that messes with frame rates actually, so your video is 100% null and void until you fix that. Rival Arena messes up frame rates, another fun glitch this game provides.

 

And not neccessarily, the properties don't always determine the playstyle. A character with very fast attacks doesn't always mean they have to be up in the opponent's face mashing attacks. Kat's level 2 super can kill in the air, yeah, and so can Kratos' level 2. I don't see what you're talking about there but anyway, you clearly don't have much legitimate info to go off of.  She has confirms for her level one that can be started while she is in the air. No other characters (minus an insanely difficult combo from Heihachi) can do so with the proficiency Kat could. And if the one guy who runs the site with the most PSASBR information on the web doesn't have enough info then you're doomed!

 

 

Like I said, brush up on your terminology and start recording to view the frames, and look at the properties, not the attacks, the properties. Like Kratos' standing neutral square. That's not a property, that's the attack, the property of the attack is that it's very quick, allowing it to beat out other attacks, and that it has range, allowing him to damage and get the opponent in a combo from a distance, keeping himself safe. That attack itself is punishable on block. It also can be outranged fairly easily by many cast members, and even be out prioritized by some. Maybe YOU need more time in the lab! Do you think I haven't watched every attack in this game with painstaking details that I could? Guess what: these things you say his moves can do? Other cast members can do close to the same and even better with many other moves. And telling me to brush up on things when you don't even understand I'm talking about level 1 confirms is a tad insulting.


 

Message 31 of 61 (140 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/05/2013
Offline
1013 posts
 

Re: Why Kratos needs to be nerfed or banned (from major 1v1 tournaments).

Feb 16, 2013
I main Kratos, and I don't rely primarily on any one move. If big daddy and sackboy can send me flying before he turns, he's not broken. They're two of the slowest characters in the game.
My PSN
Message 32 of 61 (139 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 02/16/2011
Offline
53 posts
 

Re: Why Kratos needs to be nerfed or banned (from major 1v1 tournaments).

Feb 16, 2013

He needs to be nerfed. If you don't agree then don't comment. You've already said more than you needed to in order to get that across. Applying to the one above you, as well.



http://www.youtube.com/beautyandthepeace
Message 33 of 61 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/09/2012
Offline
2365 posts
 

Re: Why Kratos needs to be nerfed or banned (from major 1v1 tournaments).

Feb 16, 2013

Xx_shawna_xX wrote:

His counter window about the same as Raiden's. And there are plenty of counter happy players out there. I played a CPU because they would always use the attack that is best suited for the situation. If Kratos weren't as unfair as he is, he would actually not be able to "win" so many times like he had. There are too many times where he actually over prioritized my attacks because he has more priority. And that's pretty much attacking at the same time, which happens a lot in human vs human fights. Kratos is broken and you fail to see why. There's a difference between talking like you know, and talking because you know (and you don't really seem like you know too much about his properties). Just the fact that some players can be other players. Note, not every Kratos player uses him correctly.


You just stated that the CPU is better then a human player. 

 

But baring that point which is comical, let's look at MORE comedy: (I'm resorting to ad hominim myself, not something I like to do but might sink the point in) "If Kratos weren't as unfair as he is, he would actually not be able to "win" so many times like he had." Or you can't beat a Kratos because you lack the skill to. Attacks with more priority out prioritizing your attacks? You mean a game mechanic? Big Daddy can do that to, is he broken? 

 

You attack my knowledge instead of the points I make, calling me dumb and uninformed when I show I have a plethora of information to draw from. I want real arguments. He's easy to beat with many characters. It's that simple and if I have to type un the entirey of every matchup difficult he has down to the very last detail I will to prove it because I know I can.

Message 34 of 61 (133 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/05/2013
Offline
1013 posts
 

Re: Why Kratos needs to be nerfed or banned (from major 1v1 tournaments).

Feb 16, 2013
Sorry, I think you've basically lost this one, shawna. You're looking at things that really don't matter. His turn time, and light hit recovery time, try looking at how long it takes his down+circle attack, or how long you have to charge his bow if you want to slow anyone down, or how he's completely open to attack with his up+square (hold) attack, and how to do his multiple air spear thrust, you have to double jump. The game won't allow it on a single jump or off of his up+square (hold). I had to change one of my combos because of that.
My PSN
Message 35 of 61 (131 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/11/2012
Offline
280 posts
 

Re: Why Kratos needs to be nerfed or banned (from major 1v1 tournaments).

Feb 16, 2013

Xx_shawna_xX wrote:

He needs to be nerfed. If you don't agree then don't comment. You've already said more than you needed to in order to get that across. Applying to the one above you, as well.


Thats kinda lame. Telling people who don't agree with you to shut the hell up.

Message 36 of 61 (130 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/09/2012
Offline
2365 posts
 

Re: Why Kratos needs to be nerfed or banned (from major 1v1 tournaments).

Feb 16, 2013

Xx_shawna_xX wrote:

He needs to be nerfed. If you don't agree then don't comment. You've already said more than you needed to in order to get that across. Applying to the one above you, as well.


So now you are the epitome of all knowledge in the game and 100% know he needs a nerf too?

 

So, let's say I never commented and proved you wrong. He would be unecesarily nerfed thus hurting him in ways unessesary. 

 

So you want me NOT to help the game I love? Got it!

 

You don't like being proven wrong, which is happening. And I'll do it as much as it take to sink in.

Message 37 of 61 (129 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/11/2012
Offline
280 posts
 

Re: Why Kratos needs to be nerfed or banned (from major 1v1 tournaments).

Feb 16, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:

 

So now you are the epitome of all knowledge in the game and 100% know he needs a nerf too?

 

So, let's say I never commented and proved you wrong. He would be unecesarily nerfed thus hurting him in ways unessesary. 

 

So you want me NOT to help the game I love? Got it!

 

You don't like being proven wrong, which is happening. And I'll do it as much as it take to sink in.


That wouldn't happen. One post wouldn't change their opinion of Kratos to needing a nerf. It might help change it, but there would have to be other factors.

Message 38 of 61 (126 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/09/2012
Offline
2365 posts
 

Re: Why Kratos needs to be nerfed or banned (from major 1v1 tournaments).

Feb 16, 2013
I'll still post until maybe it educates someone who stumbles across this thread someday.
Message 39 of 61 (118 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 02/16/2011
Offline
53 posts
 

Re: Why Kratos needs to be nerfed or banned (from major 1v1 tournaments).

Feb 16, 2013

Ok, well now that you listed those characters, tell me why they are so much better than Kratos. Use frame data and priority information as well.

 

No, the definition of broken is that the character is unbalanced and/or overpowered and Kratos is definitely unbalanced compared to everyone else.

 

No, not really and I can make another video on any other stage you like showing his frame data. It's unbalanced and the fact that they made a lot of his attacks over prioritze other characters' makes him even more unbalanced.

 

Ok, she has a combo that can be started in the air; so does Kratos. Start with aerial neutral triangle, then do square, square, down square, super 2.

 

That attack was just an example of property vs. attack move. I didn't say it was the best move in the game that couldn't be beaten. And none of the characters from what I've seen can really just match-up or out-match Kratos in almost every way. The best character, judging by the how the character is and not the player, Raiden is the only one that can really dominate him; and Raiden was unbalanced (he was even patched).



http://www.youtube.com/beautyandthepeace
Message 40 of 61 (112 Views)
Reply
0 Likes