Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Re: Why Kratos needs to be nerfed or banned (from major 1v1 tournaments).

Feb 16, 2013
Kratos is humorously op
Message 21 of 61 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Feb 16, 2013
You don't understand anything I've stated in the video, obviously. I explained why I used a CPU. And that's just Kat's combo design. Her properties aren't as bad as Kratos'. Look at their properties, not how the character's play style is. Kratos has priority, speed with range and recovery (that's too great, even on his more powerful attacks). And by the way, yeah he can be punished on some attacks, if blocked but that's a part of a fighting game. Even broken characters have punishable moves. Broken does not mean everything they can do is perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/beautyandthepeace
Message 22 of 61 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Xx_shawna_xX wrote:
I'm not saying the CPU is broken, I'm saying the character is. And Kratos may get predictable depending on the player's play style but that doesn't mean that he isn't broken. You need to look at his properties, not only what players can or can't do with him. His properties make him broken and that's all I state. Understand and comprehend before commenting.

And so you know Aylas, just because he is a broken character does not mean the player will always win. Read the paragraph above and stop saying "this person did this, this person did that." That person is the one controlling Kratos, yes, but Kratos' properties are still unfair and you just can't seem to understand that. He has unfair properties. The player doesn't make the character broken, understand?

And as I said before, this is for Kratos. Get off this topic and make another if you want to complain about another character. I'm sure Kat will be patched for that combo, anyway. If you actually kept up with the fighting scene, you'd know that. There are so many examples I can give.

Anyway, stop trying to get the last say because, with this post, I have stated all that I can to make you understand that it's his properties that make him broken, not the player behind the TV. And that this topic is solely for Kratos, regarding a nerf or ban; go somewhere else if you want to complain about Kat or Fat Princess.

So let me get this straight.

I just listed a whole bunch of characters that either beat Kratos very easily or at least go even with him, and Kratos is broken?

Most of the time the definition of a broken character is that they are so poerful they cannot be beaten in a 1v1.

The reason I refer to other characters is to draw an example for you, and you do not seem to know the definition of broken. All those "properties that make him broken" are very beatable! 

And looking at properties: Fat Princess doesn't show up at many tournaments. but 50+ ways to set you up and kill you one requiring no AP to start? Those properties make a character broken. Not the ones you mention for kratos. Show me Kratos having 50+ kill combos. I'll wait. Cuz you'll never do it. I'm not complaining about them, I just want you to understand your complaint makes no sense.

Also, character properties help DETIRMINE PLAYSTYLE so I'd assume playstyle is very important. You would try to play an ONLY zoning game with a character without thee tools to do so.

Kratos can be beaten. His isn't invinsible. Bring on your Kratos and we'll show you that I promise! You listed nother that could cause problems outside of an FFA setting and MAYBE a 2v2 setting at a stretch. When a good portion of the rest of the cast have "properties" that defeat Kratos, he's not broken. 

"You don't understand anything I've stated in the video, obviously. I explained why I used a CPU. And that's just Kat's combo design. Her properties aren't as bad as Kratos'. Look at their properties, not how the character's play style is. Kratos has priority, speed with range and recovery (that's too great, even on his more powerful attacks). And by the way, yeah he can be punished on some attacks, if blocked but that's a part of a fighting game. Even broken characters have punishable moves. Broken does not mean everything they can do is perfect."

So, killing you from the air isn't bad? When no other character can do so AT ALL!?!?!?! Playstyle is determined by propeties! And you just killed your own argument. He can be punished if you block. Um, block then?

I'm sitting here listing actual broken proporties in characters and using data to back it up whilst you sit and tell me I am wrong because of nonsensical reasons unfounded in any sort of logic. A character can be beaten by many other characters. Therefore, he is still broken. What?

He has bad match ups, and he even has them against a good portion of the cast. He can be beaten without a huge struggle inn 1v1. He is not broken in 1v1. Unlike some characters in many games where not choosing them in 1v1 means you give up the win.

Next, ad hominim. You insult my personal character instead of make an actual argument. I follow MANY competitive fighting scenes and host one of the largest scenes FOR THE GAME WE ARE TALKING ABOUT! 15+ hours a day running a site and gathering information to share there. I know things about this game that blow Kratos out of the water. You would be frightened at some of the things PaRappa can do, like trap you in a combo forever. A true infinite. And I know much moorse things some characters can do.

Kratos has no properties remotely broken in a 1v1 setting. You can't get him even close to the level of broken others characters in the game have. He can be beaten by a good portion of the cast who have better properties to win with then he does. I have completely disproven your point while you have yet to manage a real argument and I have facts and data to back me up.

I await a proper response

Message 23 of 61 (170 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Feb 16, 2013
You could've avoided that grab though, even with a soft knockdown. You just and to hold block for a second and play a wake up game. It leaves you invulnerable until you reach the hold time limit and your character has to get up.

Like I said, players will not react anywhere near as fast as the computer did. Even with my controller plugged in for faster response times, I've never been able to turn that fast. The animation for him turning is longer than what that npc did. The muscles in the human body simply cannot keep up with that.

His counter window is really small, his turns are quick, but nothing amazingly outrageous about them, his level 2 goes to the top of the playable stage, but at the base has less than 25 pixels around him. It's best used when you're under your target(s). People always roll out of my level 2 with Kratos at the base, I usually only hit those that I'm below. He pushes characters away from him instead of pulling them in like so many other characters, so his combos are a lot shorter, his range is above average for a combo character but nothing in comparison to radec who can reach clear across any stage with a move that gets horribly spammed and has no visible projectile tracker, only a flash at the end of his rifle.

Kratos is not broken, he's not a well liked character because of spamming, and his level 1 and 2 ap generation is kinda quick, but he has no kill-combos, and his first 2 levels are easy to dodge. His level 3 takes forever to build, that's a part of why I don't even go for it.
My PSN
Message 24 of 61 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Actuall the_ed85, there is a way to grab off of sort knock down that is 100% unavoidable. Welcome to the insanity of my life seeing this stuff every day. A soft knockdown is a knock down to one knee or something similar. Not all the way onto the ground flat, in which case you would be correct in stating that a good wake up game helps this.

Also! Better note you did this on Rival Arena OP: a stage that has glitched properties that affect frame rates. Went to the lab on that one. It's a messed up stage.

Message 25 of 61 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Actually you didn't list any. You just complained about FP and Kat's ability to do a 0 to Kill combo. And you need to brush up on your fighting terminology; no it does not mean that. Even Yun was able to be beaten is Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition before the patch and he was broken. Because of his properties. Akuma could stand up to him but did that mean that Yun wasn't broken? No. Those "properties" he has actually make him harder to beat. Go study the frames yourself if you really want to make an argument. Get a HDPVR and record some attacks with Kratos and then skip frame by frame. Until then, don't talk like you know everything. And not neccessarily, the properties don't always determine the playstyle. A character with very fast attacks doesn't always mean they have to be up in the opponent's face mashing attacks. Kat's level 2 super can kill in the air, yeah, and so can Kratos' level 2. I don't see what you're talking about there but anyway, you clearly don't have much legitimate info to go off of. Like I said, brush up on your terminology and start recording to view the frames, and look at the properties, not the attacks, the properties. Like Kratos' standing neutral square. That's not a property, that's the attack, the property of the attack is that it's very quick, allowing it to beat out other attacks, and that it has range, allowing him to damage and get the opponent in a combo from a distance, keeping himself safe.

Message 26 of 61 (159 Views)
Splicer
53 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Also! Better note you did this on Rival Arena OP: a stage that has glitched properties that affect frame rates. Went to the lab on that one. It's a messed up stage.

I actually fought him in Training (Mid) for quite a long time, then went to the Rival Stage and recorded. And from what I've seen, because I can actually replay frame-by-frame, Kratos doesn't change.

Message 27 of 61 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Actually, I've tried to use Kratos' level 2 in the air, it fails every time. I have to be on the ground to use it.
My PSN
Message 28 of 61 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Feb 16, 2013

His counter window about the same as Raiden's. And there are plenty of counter happy players out there. I played a CPU because they would always use the attack that is best suited for the situation. If Kratos weren't as unfair as he is, he would actually not be able to "win" so many times like he had. There are too many times where he actually over prioritized my attacks because he has more priority. And that's pretty much attacking at the same time, which happens a lot in human vs human fights. Kratos is broken and you fail to see why. There's a difference between talking like you know, and talking because you know (and you don't really seem like you know too much about his properties). Just the fact that some players can be other players. Note, not every Kratos player uses him correctly.

Message 29 of 61 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Feb 16, 2013

I said it can kill in the air, as in, if you're in the air, it can kill you.

Message 30 of 61 (140 Views)
0 Likes