Splicer
53 posts

Re: Why Kratos needs to be nerfed or banned (from major 1v1 tournaments).

Feb 16, 2013

I was showing the properties of Kratos' attacks in this video only. And did you once see me use that combo? No. Read the title, this is for Kratos. If you want one for Kat then go ahead and get to recording; thank you. Kratos is broken. For an example, Hugo on Street Fighter X Tekken was very broken, though Rolento could give him a challenge, that didn't mean that once Hugo was against Rolento, Hugo's properties just disappeared; he was still the same broken character. Just because there's a character that can give Kratos a challenge (specifically Raiden), doesn't mean he is not broken. Raiden was worse than Kratos but he was patched (that toward grab made him more than perfect). 

http://www.youtube.com/beautyandthepeace
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 61 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:
Yes, a combo that KILLS one touch death. Land an attack and you kill, do it three times.

Fat Princess had the same! 0 AP into death combo.

What?? Fat princess and Kat have large AP combos that combo into her lvl 1, but none of the combos I know about generate enough ap to use the level one without some AP to start with.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 61 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Feb 16, 2013

From what I've seen of high-tier competitive community, Kratos is strong but has shortcomings. The dominance of specific moves in his kit lead him to become predictable at times, and thus he gets punished in competitive play by strong, defensive picks such as Ratchet and even very well-played Spikes.

Kat, on the other hand, has a viscious set of attack angles and a near-endless list of seamless combos and KCs that allow great Kat players to absolutely eviscerate competition 1v1. Today in Kat's competitive debut she placed in EVERY top position. How 'bout that for a Gravity Rush?

Also, never cite a bot as broken. People are always going to be better and bots are always beatable :smileytongue:

"ULAKSKEEL"
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 61 (249 Views)
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Xx_shawna_xX wrote:

I was showing the properties of Kratos' attacks in this video only. And did you once see me use that combo? No. Read the title, this is for Kratos. If you want one for Kat then go ahead and get to recording; thank you. Kratos is broken. For an example, Hugo on Street Fighter X Tekken was very broken, though Rolento could give him a challenge, that didn't mean that once Hugo was against Rolento, Hugo's properties just disappeared; he was still the same broken character. Just because there's a character that can give Kratos a challenge (specifically Raiden), doesn't mean he is not broken. Raiden was worse than Kratos but he was patched (that toward grab made him more than perfect). 

No, I'm using prime examples to show you that he isn't even remotely the definition of broken.

If he was he'd be winning tournaments. He won ONE tournament as a secondary! :smileytongue:

And Raiden? The only character that could beat Kratos? This is laughable and I'm serious. How many 1v1 tournaments have you been to? Kratos has SEVERAL horrible match ups and some even to slight disadvantageous for him. 

A quick list: Fat Princess, Sackboy, Ratchet, Evil Cole [next ones more even] Big Daddy Drake, and Radec. 

I've ran the MOST competitive 1v1 tournaments under consistent rule sets. More then ANY other site or individual. And I can tell you Kratos is not broken is 1v1 by pure data!

Now, I'm not saying he doesn't have issues: in FFA he could seriously been seen as a problem. He does gain AP incredibly fast and has loads of people to hit and disrupt while doing it. But he is NOT broken in 1v1 and you have NO real proof he is.

You need to learn what broken is: 50 Kil lCOnfirm set ups on Fat PRincess with a 0 AP to Death combo? Broken. Kat with confirms in the air AND a 0 AP to death combo? Broken. A guy with  lot of tools that can be beaten? Not broken.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 61 (246 Views)
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 16, 2013

acursedone wrote:

Aylas_Hero wrote:
Yes, a combo that KILLS one touch death. Land an attack and you kill, do it three times.

Fat Princess had the same! 0 AP into death combo.

What?? Fat princess and Kat have large AP combos that combo into her lvl 1, but none of the combos I know about generate enough ap to use the level one without some AP to start with.

Kat: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Kat-breaks-the-AP-System/m-p/395...

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 61 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Oh yes acursedone, the nightmare is true. Kratos bad? Pssh, FP's eaten cakes more godly than Kratos.
"ULAKSKEEL"
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 61 (227 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:

Kat: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Kat-breaks-the-AP-System/m-p/395...

What about fat princess? I dont think she can grab someone mid combo.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 61 (226 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Feb 16, 2013
So you suck at defense and you want a character that's a little bit faster than yours to be cut back. Kratos doesn't combo a third of as well as Kat does. Look at how many times you hit him in the air and kept going higher and higher. You reached the top of the stage. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean that he should be banned or cut back. And so what if he landed a counter on you. You have less than a second to actually counter with Kratos. His animation is longer than his actual window to counter is. You also played against a max difficulty computer. Humans don't react that fast. Players aren't going to be turned and grabbing you the millisecond that you come out of a roll unless they're extremely lucky and it's a one time thing. I use Kratos, and his guard is easy to break. I've had mine broken lots of times. Quit **bleep** already.
My PSN
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 61 (203 Views)
Splicer
53 posts

Feb 16, 2013
I'm not saying the CPU is broken, I'm saying the character is. And Kratos may get predictable depending on the player's play style but that doesn't mean that he isn't broken. You need to look at his properties, not only what players can or can't do with him. His properties make him broken and that's all I state. Understand and comprehend before commenting.

And so you know Aylas, just because he is a broken character does not mean the player will always win. Read the paragraph above and stop saying "this person did this, this person did that." That person is the one controlling Kratos, yes, but Kratos' properties are still unfair and you just can't seem to understand that. He has unfair properties. The player doesn't make the character broken, understand?

And as I said before, this is for Kratos. Get off this topic and make another if you want to complain about another character. I'm sure Kat will be patched for that combo, anyway. If you actually kept up with the fighting scene, you'd know that. There are so many examples I can give.

Anyway, stop trying to get the last say because, with this post, I have stated all that I can to make you understand that it's his properties that make him broken, not the player behind the TV. And that this topic is solely for Kratos, regarding a nerf or ban; go somewhere else if you want to complain about Kat or Fat Princess.

http://www.youtube.com/beautyandthepeace
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 61 (200 Views)
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 16, 2013
There is a soft knock down tech. You can grab people out of soft knockdowns which resets a combo.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 61 (199 Views)
0 Likes