First Son
13 posts

Re: Why Is Superbot Or Sony Putting Brand New Characters In?

Nov 23, 2012
My guess would be that more recent characters appeal to modern/younger audiences more than those who haven't been in action for a while. How many kids today know who PaRappa is, for example?
Message 11 of 65 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Because they're PS Exclusive, that's a no brainer.
Message 12 of 65 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Nov 23, 2012

The question I have why are characters like big daddy and Heihachi in the game? Bioshock and Tekken are multiplatform. I mean don't get me wrong, I love both those characters and I love guest characters in games like this as much as anyone else (I loved Solid Snake and Sonic the Hedgehog in SSBB), but I think that actual sony exclusive characters should be given priority over the guests.

My opinion ofcourse.

Message 13 of 65 (291 Views)
Sackboy
546 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Why does nobody know about Fat Princess' other game? Really...

Anyway, they may not be the classic A-listers we want, but they're popular now, and that gives them reason. If they continue to get popular (which this game will certainly help with), they'll get more games, and their series will improve as the developers fix old mistakes in their sequels. Like Smash Bros., this game gives young characters and franchises the attention they need to grow. I love Kat's inclusion, and though I'm not too fond of Emmett, I welcome him too, because he may be able to grow into a more dynamic and likable character. Ratchet was a bit of a **bleep** in the first R&C, and Insomniac made small changes over time to make him more appealing, while keeping true to him. Time and dedication improves video game characters and their respective games.
Why did the chicken cross the road?
We're both lawyers.
Message 14 of 65 (282 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Vehks wrote:

The question I have why are characters like big daddy and Heihachi in the game? Bioshock and Tekken are multiplatform. I mean don't get me wrong, I love both those characters and I love guest characters in games like this as much as anyone else (I loved Solid Snake and Sonic the Hedgehog in SSBB), but I think that actual sony exclusive characters should be given priority over the guests.

My opinion ofcourse.

1. Heihachi represents Tekken. A videogame franchise with strong ties to Sony and had only recently started out as a 3rd party title. It was multiplat when 6 was released. So he;s more than deserving.

2. The creators of Bioshock wanted Big Daddy included. And arguing about his inclusion is like saying why Sonic or Snake is in Brawl. I welcome him.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 65 (275 Views)
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Nov 23, 2012

hopefully they add in whats-his-face from the last of us.

Pinkie Pie is best pony.
Message 16 of 65 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Like I said in my post I liked snake and sonic in Brawl and I do like guest characters, my point was that sony exclusive characters should take priority over guests.
Message 17 of 65 (266 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Nov 23, 2012
They have to save characters for sequels. Also Big Daddy is helping get us exclusive content from the new Bioshock and a Bioshock vita
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 18 of 65 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Fair enough.
Message 19 of 65 (251 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1194 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Vehks wrote:

My opinion ofcourse.

Tekken began in PSONE with Heihachi

0 Likes