Dec 19 2012
By: Kazten First Son 26 posts

Why I'm returning PSA...

21 replies 603 views Edited Dec 19, 2012

Okay, so i was completly ready for a psa crossover brawler.  I was watching the trailers and following this game sience its announcement. I pre-ordered the game as soon as I could, and was met with utter dissapointment and here's why:

1) Single Player: Probably one of the most uninteresting modes in the game, and it really shouldn't be. It was dull, washed down but still had the potential.  The rivalries were there, and had some decent voice acting, but was too short, and didn't go out of the normal play style.  A true dissapointment in my opinon.

2) Server Problems: Okay, when you revolve your game around multiplayer, I expect it to be good.  Its not. I'm faced with constant teleporting of characters, characters dissaperaing, as well as losing my friend constantly in the score screen.  This needs to be fixxed. 

3) Balancing: I've noticed some characters generate AP like mad, and have quite decent supers (Kratos, Dante, ext) but some other charcters generate their AP quite a bit slower and have weaker. harder to use supers (Sir Daniel, Big Daddy).  I was dissapointed to hear superbot say that they wanted to see how the players deal with what they think is unbalanced and develop stratagies.  It sounds more of just like them saying "fend for yourselves till we can't take the complaints anymore.

4) Nerfed Sackboy: **bleep**?

5) The Cost: I played games cheaper then this, and had tons more fun. I picked up Far Cry 3 on steam for $50 - tons more of content and replayability there.  Journey is only a $15 game on psa, and one of the best games of my life. Really are they going to charge $60 for what felt like a cheap **bleep** psn game? 

Final thoughts: Okay, maybe i won't return it, but i refuse to play it until I feel these problems have been adressed proley. 

Message 1 of 22 (603 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Re: Why I'm returning PSA...

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

1) Your PSASBR x Far Cry 3 comparison is terrible, regardless of price Far Cry 3 will always have more because it's an established series.

2) This game isn't worth selling because of all the patch work SuperBot has planned for it.

Message 2 of 22 (590 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 19, 2012
The balance thing is something I have to disagree on, Big Daddy and Sir Daniel take more practice to get used to but they are by no means useless and what makes Kratos and Raiden seem good is the fact almost any player can pick up and play them with little experience.

Big daddy actually destroys Raiden at close range when a player learns all his tricks and Sir Daniel has some really good meter building moves with some interesting properties on his attacks like armor and the fact he's the only character in the game who can block in the air.

Netcode does need work tho I'll agree to that :L
Message 3 of 22 (587 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4227 posts

Dec 19, 2012
This game is worth the $60. More-so than other games
http://www.playstation4dreams.com

http://www.youtube.com/SubtenkoGaming
http://www.facebook.com/Subtenko

Best gaming moments with people like you everyday! Gta V Online, H1Z1, The Forest, & More.

Steam: Subtenko
Message 4 of 22 (563 Views)
Fender Bender
3240 posts

Dec 19, 2012
Cool story bro.

MAY
Message 5 of 22 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1783 posts

Dec 19, 2012

What store lets you return a game once you've already opened and played it?

Message 6 of 22 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 19, 2012

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

What store lets you return a game once you've already opened and played it?

He means trading it into GameStop or Best Buy.  It's the only way.

Message 7 of 22 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1783 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

Haha yeah I know, it was kind of a sarcastic question.

But on topic, OP, I'd recommend waiting until the next patch before deciding to return it. SuperBot has said on their website that they want to address most of your concerns in the next patch.

Though I do kind of agree with your opinion about what SuperBot said regarding balancing. If I come to this game only because I love Jak & Daxter, I'm not going to stay with it that long once I realize he's one of the worst characters in the game...

Message 8 of 22 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Dec 19, 2012
Single player is okay if you compare it to other fighting. Games like sf4 mvc3 sfxt kof
Message 9 of 22 (466 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Dec 19, 2012
But sucks when is compared to MK
Message 10 of 22 (465 Views)