Okay, so i was completly ready for a psa crossover brawler. I was watching the trailers and following this game sience its announcement. I pre-ordered the game as soon as I could, and was met with utter dissapointment and here's why:
1) Single Player: Probably one of the most uninteresting modes in the game, and it really shouldn't be. It was dull, washed down but still had the potential. The rivalries were there, and had some decent voice acting, but was too short, and didn't go out of the normal play style. A true dissapointment in my opinon.
2) Server Problems: Okay, when you revolve your game around multiplayer, I expect it to be good. Its not. I'm faced with constant teleporting of characters, characters dissaperaing, as well as losing my friend constantly in the score screen. This needs to be fixxed.
3) Balancing: I've noticed some characters generate AP like mad, and have quite decent supers (Kratos, Dante, ext) but some other charcters generate their AP quite a bit slower and have weaker. harder to use supers (Sir Daniel, Big Daddy). I was dissapointed to hear superbot say that they wanted to see how the players deal with what they think is unbalanced and develop stratagies. It sounds more of just like them saying "fend for yourselves till we can't take the complaints anymore.
4) Nerfed Sackboy: **bleep**?
5) The Cost: I played games cheaper then this, and had tons more fun. I picked up Far Cry 3 on steam for $50 - tons more of content and replayability there. Journey is only a $15 game on psa, and one of the best games of my life. Really are they going to charge $60 for what felt like a cheap **bleep** psn game?
Final thoughts: Okay, maybe i won't return it, but i refuse to play it until I feel these problems have been adressed proley.
Big daddy actually destroys Raiden at close range when a player learns all his tricks and Sir Daniel has some really good meter building moves with some interesting properties on his attacks like armor and the fact he's the only character in the game who can block in the air.
Netcode does need work tho I'll agree to that :L
Best gaming moments with people like you everyday! Gta V Online, H1Z1, The Forest, & More.
Haha yeah I know, it was kind of a sarcastic question.
But on topic, OP, I'd recommend waiting until the next patch before deciding to return it. SuperBot has said on their website that they want to address most of your concerns in the next patch.
Though I do kind of agree with your opinion about what SuperBot said regarding balancing. If I come to this game only because I love Jak & Daxter, I'm not going to stay with it that long once I realize he's one of the worst characters in the game...