Survivor
2383 posts

Re: Why I'm not satisfied with the roster

Oct 1, 2012
im just upset that there are no rpg characters
but the full roster isntout yet so im hoping for 2
Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 11 of 35 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 1, 2012

dragonfire111 wrote:
im just upset that there are no rpg characters
but the full roster isntout yet so im hoping for 2

trust me, theres at least a FF character, we shall be surprised though with others.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 12 of 35 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 1, 2012

TarheelRam wrote:

It seems like anyone who critizies the roster is getting hate on this fourms. Can you blame people who don't like it? I mean come on 20 ccharacters for a fighting game that's suppose to represent sony's history? Some of the characters aren't even revelant  and two characters don't even have their game out yet. (Big Daddy, New Dante, Raiden). Characters like Crash, Spyro, Cloud, Snake who had a huge impact on Sony aren't even included but instead we get Fat Princess, Big Daddy, and Dante. 10 percent of the roster is Cole Mcgrath! Sure there are some classics like Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter (who has horrible voice acting btw) but it's just not enough for me. I'm personally not getting the game if this is the current roster. I'm checking the fourms now and then with hope that there will be more news. I'm not asking you to agree with me but to understand why many people aren't happy.

the thing is though, this game isn't just about playstation's history,

it's also about/representing playstation's present and future....

Play For Fun!
Message 13 of 35 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Oct 1, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

TarheelRam wrote:

littlejcr wrote:

Umm Big Daddy's game isnt released yet?  I could of sworn I played Bioshock 1 & 2....

Like I already said, I meant Big Daddy as he isn't revelant to Playstation history.

but he is. exclusive content. a bioshock vita game. etc. some people dont know how to do research.

Don't forget that Bioshock Infinite is getting special attention/features for the Playstation version--Move support and a free copy of Bioshock 1 with your purchase of Infinite. And yeah, Vita exclusive and whatnot. 

In addition, Bioshock is a very popular franchise across the entire spectrum and Big Daddy is the ultimate posterboy for it--his inclusion will interest gamers of every type to look into PSAS. 

Actually, I think he makes much more sense than some of the other third party characters. Look at Raiden--the Metal Gear series has started to drastically move away from exclusive Playstation support in favor of multiplatform. He's not even the character from his franchise that people most commonly associate with Sony; that'd be Snake. 

TL;DR: Big Daddy's inclusion makes a lot of sense when you take in account of how his franchise is moving closer to the Playstation brand. 

Message 14 of 35 (176 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

TarheelRam wrote:

It seems like anyone who critizies the roster is getting hate on this fourms. Can you blame people who don't like it? I mean come on 20 ccharacters for a fighting game that's suppose to represent sony's history? Some of the characters aren't even revelant  and two characters don't even have their game out yet. (Big Daddy, New Dante, Raiden). Characters like Crash, Spyro, Cloud, Snake who had a huge impact on Sony aren't even included but instead we get Fat Princess, Big Daddy, and Dante. 10 percent of the roster is Cole Mcgrath! Sure there are some classics like Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter (who has horrible voice acting btw) but it's just not enough for me. I'm personally not getting the game if this is the current roster. I'm checking the fourms now and then with hope that there will be more news. I'm not asking you to agree with me but to understand why many people aren't happy.

yep, it's a playstation allstar game, without the allstars. Plus a very very low count to boot

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 15 of 35 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Oct 1, 2012
Here's the way I see it. lets say the roster is represented by a cake. As of now, we have a good vanilla frosting on top(3rd parties, etc) and only about half of a cake(kratos, sly, nathan, etc). People are disappointed because the roster is "incomplete" as it is now.

ouyofo.jpg

Message 16 of 35 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
546 posts

Oct 1, 2012
For the last time Fat Princess has TWO games.
Why did the chicken cross the road?
We're both lawyers.
Message 17 of 35 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Bryyo wrote:
For the last time Fat Princess has TWO games.

Oh that changes everything

Message 18 of 35 (116 Views)
Wastelander
850 posts

Oct 1, 2012
So when SuperBot says they're making a game representing PlayStation's past, PRESENT, AND FUTURE, fans get mad at them for not making the roster completely about the past?

And to all the two completely different Cole complainers, sure, 10% of the roster has two to four similar moves. But, here's the thing: 97.7% of the roster is completely unique and different. Try and tell me that Brawl is like that.

Just because Crash, Spyro, Lara, and Snake aren't in the game doesn't mean it stinks.
Message 19 of 35 (105 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Astroking112 wrote:
So when SuperBot says they're making a game representing PlayStation's past, PRESENT, AND FUTURE, fans get mad at them for not making the roster completely about the past?

And to all the two completely different Cole complainers, sure, 10% of the roster has two to four similar moves. But, here's the thing: 97.7% of the roster is completely unique and different. Try and tell me that Brawl is like that.

Just because Crash, Spyro, Lara, and Snake aren't in the game doesn't mean it stinks.

Yeah, again. Playstation's past isn't properly represented as for now. That's A FACT. Seriously you make a game about Sony's past... WITHOUT CRASH BANDICOOT? 

Also, yes, this roster for now it's mediocre. It's not totally bad, it has a lot of right and awesome characters, but not all of them. Brawl doesn't share this problem. 

Obviously, there are almost two more months to fix everything. I know this game won't be perfect but that's ok, I hope it's at least good.

Message 20 of 35 (103 Views)
0 Likes