Oct 01 2012
By: TarheelRam Lombax Warrior 110 posts

Why I'm not satisfied with the roster

34 replies 460 views Edited Oct 1, 2012

It seems like anyone who critizies the roster is getting hate on this fourms. Can you blame people who don't like it? I mean come on 20 ccharacters for a fighting game that's suppose to represent sony's history? Some of the characters aren't even revelant  and two characters don't even have their game out yet. (Big Daddy, New Dante, Raiden). Characters like Crash, Spyro, Cloud, Snake who had a huge impact on Sony aren't even included but instead we get Fat Princess, Big Daddy, and Dante. 10 percent of the roster is Cole Mcgrath! Sure there are some classics like Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter (who has horrible voice acting btw) but it's just not enough for me. I'm personally not getting the game if this is the current roster. I'm checking the fourms now and then with hope that there will be more news. I'm not asking you to agree with me but to understand why many people aren't happy.

Message 1 of 35 (460 Views)
Wastelander
561 posts

Re: Why I'm not satisfied with the roster

Oct 1, 2012

Big Daddy's game is already out. Bioshock 1 and 2 both starred him.
He's getting replaced with handy helpers in Infinite IIRC.

Otherwise, I agree...
But it's still a good roster, nontheless.

I sell propane and propane accessories, I tell you h'what.
Message 2 of 35 (452 Views)
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 1, 2012
Why i'm not satisfied with the roster: because not all the characters have been revealed yet.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 3 of 35 (452 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Oct 1, 2012

NXavier787 wrote:

Big Daddy's game is already out. Bioshock 1 and 2 both starred him.
He's getting replaced with handy helpers in Infinite IIRC.

Otherwise, I agree...
But it's still a good roster, nontheless.

I was talking about Dante and Raiden when I said their games aren't out yet and Big Daddy for characters who aren't revelant to Playstation.

Message 4 of 35 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3231 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Umm Big Daddy's game isnt released yet?  I could of sworn I played Bioshock 1 & 2....

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF7 Dirge of Cerberus, Persona Series, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Megaman 10, Infamous Second Son, SMT Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha Vs. The Soulless Army
Message 5 of 35 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 1, 2012
but you could argue that raiden is from mgs4 (he's pretty much the same) and dante is from the old DMCs its just he looks different.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 6 of 35 (443 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Oct 1, 2012

littlejcr wrote:

Umm Big Daddy's game isnt released yet?  I could of sworn I played Bioshock 1 & 2....

Like I already said, I meant Big Daddy as he isn't revelant to Playstation history.

Message 7 of 35 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1659 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

The roster, for now, has a lot of problems, that's objective. I'm confident though. In a perfect world where every character is in the hands of Sony, it could easily be as good as Smash Bros.'s one, if not better. But this world sucks and Superbot is making a lot of mistakes. The problems for me are:

1. The Double Cole **bleep**. Well that's pretty self-explanatory. At least they have a complete different moveset, but that's not enough. Infamous doesn't deserve two rep, when, for example, Crash has none, for now.

2. Donte. This is a problem only if there isn't an alternate costume with his original attire. I don't care what people think, they can even like Donte more, that's not the point. The original Dante meant something to Sony. This new one doesn't represent NOTHING Sony-related. Again though, this isn't a problem if you can switch to the original one, but at this point I really don't think so.

3. The females. Fat Princess and Nariko are just irrelevant. They appeared in only one game both, and one of them isn't even that good. They're in only because of the lack of females characters. Lara Croft is THE female character in videogames and was relevant to Playstation once, but not a word for her. That just sucks.

4. Big Daddy. Just hear me out for this one. He's awesome and all, but again, does he deserve a spot more than other characters which are not in? He's not Sony. It's going to have a Vita exclusive, OK, but I don't think that's enough. But anyway, this is a minor issue because Bioshock is one of the best games of this generation and Big Daddy rocks.

5. Raiden. Another minor issue, he's deserving a spot, but more than Snake? Or Big Boss? Looks like a commercial kind of thing. But still, he's not a problem as big as the first three.

These are, for now, my major perplexities about this game's roster. Some of them are fixable, some of them are going to stick around. It all depends on what Superbot's going to do now. If other characters are going to be add, that's ok, but if this is in fact THE FINALE ROSTER, this game is going to be a complete disappointment.

Message 8 of 35 (426 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 1, 2012

there are more characters coming. All the clues point to it.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 9 of 35 (414 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 1, 2012

TarheelRam wrote:

littlejcr wrote:

Like I already said, I meant Big Daddy as he isn't revelant to Playstation history.

but he is. exclusive content. a bioshock vita game. etc. some people dont know how to do research.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 10 of 35 (412 Views)
0 Likes