Highlighted
Jan 25 2013
By: AuXiiLium_DuHHHH I Only Post Everything 886 posts

Why I dont think kill confirms are cheap

31 replies 452 views Edited Jan 25, 2013
They are part of the game and its part of taking advantage of the stuff a character can do, and they are good if u wanna win matches. In dissidia there are hp move setups(not cheap) and in soul calibur 5 there are critical edge setups. Its like throwing a flash bang at someone at call of duty and then killing them. Is that cheap? No, its a setup that the game provides for u to use so why not use it
sora signature photo: signature Sora.png
Funny allstars vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodONCh8mxA eager face photo: Eager face thSpongeBobBandGeeks.gif
Message 1 of 32 (452 Views)
Survivor
2443 posts

Re: Why I dont think kill confirms are cheap

Jan 25, 2013
Well from hearing the makers of the game talk about supers they made it seem like level 1's were going to have risk, that's why they were level 1's. But now there's less risk because it costs less and 90% of kill confirms are so easy to pull off. So basically making level 2 supers and level 3 supers pointless.
Message 2 of 32 (442 Views)
I Only Post Everything
886 posts

Jan 26, 2013
True put that means people should try and watch out for the setups, u can avoid it like any other move
Funny allstars vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodONCh8mxA eager face photo: Eager face thSpongeBobBandGeeks.gif
Message 3 of 32 (421 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
886 posts

Jan 26, 2013
And there still is a risk factor: interrupted setup, interrupted lvl 1, wrong button input set up
Message 4 of 32 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Jan 26, 2013
A small risk factor for most characters. It also turns the game into a stay away from that guy he has level 1. Every single 2v2 match I'm in with an evil cole goes the exact same way its just plain dumb, playing keep away the whole game just because one character has a level 1. Not to mention almost every set up in this game is just *boop 1 button* you're dead. Have you ever played against a kill confirming raiden? That's the kind of **bleep** that shouldn't be in the game.
Message 5 of 32 (408 Views)
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Jan 26, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
Well from hearing the makers of the game talk about supers they made it seem like level 1's were going to have risk, that's why they were level 1's. But now there's less risk because it costs less and 90% of kill confirms are so easy to pull off. So basically making level 2 supers and level 3 supers pointless.

Good players know how to avoid kill confirms, making level 2/3's more viable as they give you more of a chance to get a kill. I know when I play Sly, people sometimes know how to avoid my level one and what to avoid in order to be kill confirmed. Sometimes, I'll have to store up extra AP to either do a couple level 1's or even a level 2. I generally save level 3's for when I'm gaining so much AP and don't see a window to use my level 1 and pass it up to level 2.

Message 6 of 32 (407 Views)
Fender Bender
2538 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
A small risk factor for most characters. It also turns the game into a stay away from that guy he has level 1. Every single 2v2 match I'm in with an evil cole goes the exact same way its just plain dumb, playing keep away the whole game just because one character has a level 1. Not to mention almost every set up in this game is just *boop 1 button* you're dead. Have you ever played against a kill confirming raiden? That's the kind of **bleep** that shouldn't be in the game.

When playing online, you play against people who REALLY want to win. They will do kill confirms, because winning is very important. I sometimes play offline with friends, and we don't kill confirm because having fun is more important than winning.

If you don't want the competitiveness of online (and the kill confirming that comes with it), online play might not be for you. Kill confirming shouldn't go anywhere. It gives the game a different culture - a hardcore fighter disguised as a casual brawler.

Message 7 of 32 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Jan 26, 2013
I hate combos that lead into a kill confirm. If I die to a super, it should be because of my fault in not dodging, not because Im caught in an unescapable combo. The one hit setups like giga punch are fine... I know how to block, or jump...
December 11th 2012: Went 12-0 ranked FFA. (Jak)
December 13th 2012: Went 8-0 Stock Unranked FFA. (Jak)
January 10th 2013: Sniped Asis_aka_talent into Jak's lvl 1. (Uncle Radec)
April 16th 2013: Caught parappa's lvl 2 with Sweet Tooth's lvl 1 and didn't die in the process (Sweet Tooth)
May 5th 2013: Got my Radec eviscerated by whaatxddd's radec in 1v1. Kmart, u better watch out.
Just learnt "Drake" and is now learning "Nariko".
Message 8 of 32 (399 Views)
Survivor
2443 posts

Jan 26, 2013
I avoid kill confirms more than I get killed by them, I'm just saying they're really the b!Tch way of getting kills.
Message 9 of 32 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Jan 26, 2013
Honestly, kill confirms in my opinion are this game's equivalent to combos into supers for an easy win.
let's change the game to Soulcalibur V for a second(if anyone reading has played SCV). Basically, the argument that it's much more honorable to just try to tactfully land a super is the same as saying that I should try to just fire a critical edge in SCV if the time is right, rather than combo into it.
I disagree, simply for the fact that you see combos into supers in almost EVERY fighter, and what do you see players doing? Defending themselves against setups and combo starters. Anyone who plays Soulcalibur V competitively CANNOT HONESTLY SAY they don't spend 70% of their time (once they have their super) trying to combo into it, or at least setting up for it.
It's exactly the same here. If a combo into super hits you in SCV, blame yourself. If a combo into super hits you in PSASBR, blame yourself.
Message 10 of 32 (361 Views)