Fender Bender
2718 posts

Re: Why I don't feel the game will live long.

Sep 26, 2012
Level1s are so easy to dodge. Thats why you wouldnt just use that.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 51 of 66 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Sep 26, 2012

YMIFlavored wrote:
It's begining to get difficult to dispute these because I have to argue this from 2 points of view. 1) The POV of a fighting game player and 2) Teh POV of it being a party game. If I make a comment from POV2 Someone says well good! It should be: place POV1 here, and vice versa. As far as information from POV 1 goes, Aceun seems to know what he's talking about. Risk/reward is key in all of this. My question now would be, can you block level 3's?

You can't block level 3's, but if you suck badly enough for them to build that much meter you deserve to be killed.

Message 52 of 66 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Sep 26, 2012
^This.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 53 of 66 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 26, 2012

YMIFlavored wrote:

What I mean by "options" is just that. Options. Settings that can be manipulated to tweak the game. As it stands, the setup of the game will not allow for a competitive environment, it just won't. If it isn't a competitive game, or even one you can get better at, then it just stays a casual party game, and I really don't want to see a game that has so much potential fall into that rutt.

Wouldn't the lack of options make for a more competitive environment?  The competitive Smash players just turn everything off anyway, which it is confirmed to be possible in this game.  I don't see how the lack of options is even true (we know there are options, including multiple game modes and/or options not present in SSB that we know of due to the leak), let alone an issue with this game.

Aceun wrote:

Really interesting essay, but doesn’t really deal with the issue of longevity for the game. It sounds like you want more options and there are tons.

As for 1v1, none of us can really speak to it because none of us have really played it. Anything we have to say is conjecture so here’s my stab at it, haha.

Actually, I have played 1v1.  There was one person on the EU beta (SSJ3BobMarley, I believe was his name) who played 2v2 with a second controller because he had nobody else to play with at the time, but wanted to play 2v2.  I played a few matches with him (with my friend as my 2P, obviously), until I just said "hey, you take over, [friend's name]."  We then played a few 1v1 matches with him (one each, although I took the Overtime for his game).  It's very fast-paced, defense-heavy, and competitive.  Getting a lvl1 Super to hit is legitimately difficult, and so satisfying.

Simple answer: 1v1 works well, because that exact mechanic that people complain about is what makes it shine.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 54 of 66 (130 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7448 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Anthony805 wrote:
Don't feed the trolls.

Can I feed them after bed time?

Signature.png

Message 55 of 66 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

Sep 26, 2012

I don't understand this guy, because this game is competitive and has lots of options!

About the 1 vs 1 thingy... 

If I bring a friend home and we are going to play 1vs1, we can say: ''Let's play only with level 3 supers!'' or another level. This will bring a challenge in the game itself! You can do this also with an friend by playing online! 

So there you have it. Level 3 supers aren't useless in 1vs1 if you change the rules yourself Smiley Wink

Quoted from Zeothedeathgod aka mr. Optimistic: ''i am a bit disappointed by the roster''
Another Zeo quote: ''They should really have chosen a different roster''
Quoted from mtjjrstccw1 aka mr. Anger: ''my rage is shifted towards identity now''
Message 56 of 66 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Sep 26, 2012
I learned alot about the game, and I feel like I need to play it more before I give any more opinions. Last concern however for those in the beta: Is there a training mode?
Message 57 of 66 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Sep 26, 2012
Not in the current beta.
Message 58 of 66 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Sep 26, 2012

That.... is a huge issue in my opinion.

Message 59 of 66 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Sep 26, 2012
I agree with that. But the main reason of the Beta (that mostly everyone has said) is to stress test the servers. I'm hoping the Public beta will have at least Local play.
Message 60 of 66 (70 Views)
0 Likes