Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Re: Why I don't feel the game will live long.

Sep 26, 2012

YMIFlavored wrote:

But what are the rulings of that 1v1 mode, and what would inspire me to build more than 1 meter? I get Slys level 3, I pop it, and kill one guy twice. Well that was a waste then. It's just small gripes like meter management and economy that bug me.

Is obvious that your not suppose to use a level 3 during 1v1. Most of the time people use lv1 than 2 or 3. It just depends on the character that you are using.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 21 of 66 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Sep 26, 2012
you can do that in this game rofl.... i love how people come here and have NO clue about the game xD

Which part can you do, the part with characters people grew up with, or the part where you slap each other with pokeballs? Because I haven't seen either of those videos but would love to.
Message 22 of 66 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Sep 26, 2012
so you want pokeballs in this game?
Play For Fun!
Message 23 of 66 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Sep 26, 2012
It doesn't matter if it's OBVIOUS it isn't fun. If I'm not rewarded for getting higher meter, there's no reason to. So what I just slap you until I get one bar then try to catch you while you aren't blocking? In fact if I build meter up to level 2, can I even use a level 1? Because if i'm patient, and i'm landing long combos and getting alot of meter, I get punished for it by losing 2 meter on ONE kill. So I don't care if it's "obvious" it's a BAD mechanic.
Message 24 of 66 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Really interesting essay, but doesn’t really deal with the issue of longevity for the game. It sounds like you want more options and there are tons.

As for 1v1, none of us can really speak to it because none of us have really played it. Anything we have to say is conjecture so here’s my stab at it, haha.

Most players are going to go for level 1 supers. As the community gets better and people know how to avoid most level ones, we’ll start to see some level 2s. As the community gets better, people may even start avoiding level 2s leaving level 3s as the only sure option to score a kill. Now factor in a more rapid AP generation setting, no stage hazards, and reverse stock mode and you have a frenzied match type great for people who want to implement both defensive and offensive strategies.

For example, I imagine a person who becomes really good at reading players (but not effective at landing supers) just as effective as a person who’s amazing at landing level 1s but can easily get wiped out – to use a crude example.

Moral of the story, we just don’t know enough to write off this game as not lasting long.

------------------
THIS IS ACE

Team Aceun

Message 25 of 66 (124 Views)
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Sep 26, 2012

As fabulous and out of context as that would be you're missing the point.
Message 26 of 66 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Sep 26, 2012

YMIFlavored wrote:

As fabulous and out of context as that would be you're missing the point.

i'm not, it was a joke dude Smiley Happy

Play For Fun!
Message 27 of 66 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Goniloc wrote:

Unless we get to change the length of battles, agreed.

pretty sure its been confirmed that you can, theres also stock mode and reverse stock i believe. and capture the flag? and a bunch of other stuff.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 28 of 66 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Aceun wrote:

Really interesting essay, but doesn’t really deal with the issue of longevity for the game. It sounds like you want more options and there are tons.

As for 1v1, none of us can really speak to it because none of us have really played it. Anything we have to say is conjecture so here’s my stab at it, haha.

Most players are going to go for level 1 supers. As the community gets better and people know how to avoid most level ones, we’ll start to see some level 2s. As the community gets better, people may even start avoiding level 2s leaving level 3s as the only sure option to score a kill. Now factor in a more rapid AP generation setting, no stage hazards, and reverse stock mode and you have a frenzied match type great for people who want to implement both defensive and offensive strategies.

For example, I imagine a person who becomes really good at reading players (but not effective at landing supers) just as effective as a person who’s amazing at landing level 1s but can easily get wiped out – to use a crude example.

Moral of the story, we just don’t know enough to write off this game as not lasting long.

This^^

Message 29 of 66 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Aceun wrote:

You're right my judgement is probably a little hasty, but I still don't like a lot of the mechanics present. I feel like if I spent the time to get to that level 3 I should be rewarded MORE for using it. For example as I stated somewhere sometime before, sly's level 3 makes the most sense when you have 3 opponents. If theirs only one now, would it be too hard to make it so I get more points for that kill? Especially since I have to spend 3 meter for it. As far as I know, I can't use a level one if I have more than 1 meter, but if someone corrected me that would be comforting.

Message 30 of 66 (111 Views)
0 Likes