Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Re: Why I don't feel the game will live long.

Sep 26, 2012
Don't feed the trolls.
Message 11 of 66 (205 Views)
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Sep 26, 2012
The problem is that when you compare it to smash, you have to realise 2 things. a) Smash characters are characters that almost everyone grew up with. Who grew up with Cole and Radec? No-one they're basically brand new. The only members you can geek out on nostalgia with are Parappa, Spike, Fortesque, Sly, and Jak. That's about it. and B) Smash has enough options to allow you to tweak it to the game you want to play. Want to only use pokeballs? Sure.
Message 12 of 66 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 26, 2012

achus93again wrote:

YMIFlavored wrote:

What I mean by "options" is just that. Options. Settings that can be manipulated to tweak the game. As it stands, the setup of the game will not allow for a competitive environment, it just won't. If it isn't a competitive game, or even one you can get better at, then it just stays a casual party game, and I really don't want to see a game that has so much potential fall into that rutt.

i'm pretty sure there are some options,

and i thought the beta players have stated that the game is very competitive...

it is...its far more competitve than smash in many ways....

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 13 of 66 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 26, 2012

YMIFlavored wrote:
The problem is that when you compare it to smash, you have to realise 2 things. a) Smash characters are characters that almost everyone grew up with. Who grew up with Cole and Radec? No-one they're basically brand new. The only members you can geek out on nostalgia with are Parappa, Spike, Fortesque, Sly, and Jak. That's about it. and B) Smash has enough options to allow you to tweak it to the game you want to play. Want to only use pokeballs? Sure.

you can do that in this game rofl.... i love how people come here and have NO clue about the game xD

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 14 of 66 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Sep 26, 2012

But what are the rulings of that 1v1 mode, and what would inspire me to build more than 1 meter? I get Slys level 3, I pop it, and kill one guy twice. Well that was a waste then. It's just small gripes like meter management and economy that bug me.

Message 15 of 66 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Sep 26, 2012

YMIFlavored wrote:

But what are the rulings of that 1v1 mode, and what would inspire me to build more than 1 meter? I get Slys level 3, I pop it, and kill one guy twice. Well that was a waste then. It's just small gripes like meter management and economy that bug me.

Why would anyone do that? lol

Photobucket
Message 16 of 66 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1190 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Unless we get to change the length of battles, agreed.

And that's the Gospel Truth Photobucket
Message 17 of 66 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Sep 26, 2012
That's the POINT, no one needs to save 3 when you only have 1 opponent, it completely takes away the need for meter managment when you can only get 1 kill ANYWAY. You just get 1 bar of meter and you're done. Pop it for a point.
Message 18 of 66 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Sep 26, 2012

YMIFlavored wrote:

What? Just dont go for the level 3 super then. Level 3 super is good in FFA and 2v2

IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 19 of 66 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Sep 26, 2012

YMIFlavored wrote:

An easier chance to get a kill. The better players will be able to land a kill using a level 1. If you don't get an opportunity to land a level 1, save up for a level 2 which is more powerful.

Message 20 of 66 (162 Views)