Sep 26 2012
By: YMIFlavored Monster Hunter 44 posts

Why I don't feel the game will live long.

65 replies 555 views Edited Sep 26, 2012

The game looks hella good and fun, but to be honest I don't think it will live very long unless we get some options. Poorly written essay below.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1pZrLR7-PrvnAvx84WkRBzTsRDOrwiTdnh_tLsq8sQ84

Message 1 of 66 (555 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Re: Why I don't feel the game will live long.

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

this game is going to fail HARD!!!!  superbot shouldn't have made this game, or they should of done it RIGHT

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 2 of 66 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Sep 26, 2012
what do you mean options?
Play For Fun!
Message 3 of 66 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Sep 26, 2012

It's going to live long with me. 

Maybe because the PS3 doesn't have many brawler type games in general that many have come to love over generations of systems like Nintendo does with Smash. PSASBR will win the hearts of many not all.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 66 (524 Views)
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Sep 26, 2012

What I mean by "options" is just that. Options. Settings that can be manipulated to tweak the game. As it stands, the setup of the game will not allow for a competitive environment, it just won't. If it isn't a competitive game, or even one you can get better at, then it just stays a casual party game, and I really don't want to see a game that has so much potential fall into that rutt.

Message 5 of 66 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Sep 26, 2012

YMIFlavored wrote:

What I mean by "options" is just that. Options. Settings that can be manipulated to tweak the game. As it stands, the setup of the game will not allow for a competitive environment, it just won't. If it isn't a competitive game, or even one you can get better at, then it just stays a casual party game, and I really don't want to see a game that has so much potential fall into that rutt.

You should wait until more info is released. Maybe we might find those options on release. Hopefully soon

Photobucket
Message 6 of 66 (496 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7447 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

SniperWolf323 wrote:

this game is going to fail HARD!!!!  superbot shouldn't have made this game, or they should of done it RIGHT

If you think it's going to fail hard then don't come to the forums to try and ruin everybody elses experience!

NNID&PSN: SuperPiposaru 3DS FC: 0920-1213-3452

SuperPiposaru.png

Message 7 of 66 (495 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

YMIFlavored wrote:

I think they said you can ajust the ap ratio and turn off the mashup/hazard. I think...

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 8 of 66 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Sep 26, 2012

YMIFlavored wrote:

i'm pretty sure there are some options,

and i thought the beta players have stated that the game is very competitive...

Play For Fun!
Message 9 of 66 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Sep 26, 2012

What more do you want?

- You can turn off stage hazards and items. 

- Robust combo system.

- 1v1, 2v2 modes will be competetive.

- Online tournament modes.

- Strategic kill system.

Message 10 of 66 (484 Views)