Feb 27 2013
By: jgunner280 First Son 22 posts

Why I am angry about the DLC announcement.

[ Edited ]
5 replies 210 views Edited Feb 27, 2013

Ok, well I heard the forums had exploded over the announcement, but I was actually surprised by... how it exploded I guess you could say. Smiley Tongue

I understand that some want to give this pack a chance, and some want to boycott zeus, but when explaining the anger people start to mention other 3rd party guys who may not actually be possible. Yes I would absolutely cry of joy if spyro was brought into the game, but lets pretend for a moment that activision has put an insane price on that license and it's not possible (big emphasis on pretend, I wish someone would just come out and say whether or not anyone gave the effort). If this is the case, just quit talking about it. Progress wont happen if you keep asking a mountaint to move, climb it or go around. Meanwhile the completely accepting people who are only thinking "wow, new characters, stop your crying haters"... are ignoring what many should consider to be a pretty big issue here: They aren't even bothering to look into the far better characters that have been asked for, and that are completely possible, and character that actually would add to the game and roster without just being filler.

Think about it, how many times have you seen "I want zeus, because that's what is missing from this game". Likewise out of all the 3rd party options, clarke really wasn't brought up much... heck the xbox community seems to recognize him more. His move sets as shown are nothing truely special, he's essentially an alternate drake with some elemental abilities like bigdaddy. However before I shift too far away from my point, it's not about why they don't make sense, it's about why the DLC is completely ignoring the better options that are right in front of it. For example, you have heard of people asking for resistance. Actually I think it may be the most requested 1st party current gen game out there. They even have a map ready, they own the IP, resistance 1 is argued as one of the few great launch titles the PS3 had and was compared as sony's halo throughout its span so we can mark it as somewhat iconic, and if they go with a chimera they could have a cool alien in the roster. The only downside is that it's another gun character, but as Isaac demonstrates.... that's ok. And then we have abe, iconic underdog of the original playstation. You might wonder why I bring him up since there isn't a ton of people asking for him due to the series being kind of a cult hit, however he is actually being given to this game (the developers of oddworld have begged before this game was even released) and for no explained reason yet, all-stars has ignored him at first and then while apparently starting it, cancleled the character last I read. Oh but don't worry, we have clarke and zeus.

Ok to completely clarify now, I'm not 100% angry at the characters as they are. These guys obviously spent time and put work into this, and they may turn out to be nice additions. Actually I'm mildly excited about clarke as his elemental abilities may make him my favorite gun fighter, and the map is going to be amazing, but I can't completely be okay with this either. This feels like a slap in the face, or that in some ways they just aren't placing the right type of care. This was supposed to be the ultimate playstation fan service, and while I may be able to get over the fact that some things may not be possible, they aren't even trying to secure the icons that they can. They ignore the first biggest shooter this sony generation has, and then they also throw out another icon just for the heck of it for clarke and zeus. I can't find this to be a smart move at this stage, no matter how much I try to sugar coat it.

Message 1 of 6 (210 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Re: Why I am angry about the DLC announcement.

Feb 27, 2013
Is there a tl;dr?
Message 2 of 6 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Feb 27, 2013
Im not reading the entire wall of text however i'm making a guess

Like iv said before this DLC has been planed for months, possibly before the game has come out, they haven't had time to create brand new, unplanned, requested DLC.
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 3 of 6 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Feb 27, 2013

LOL! okay, I'll try to be quick but it probably wont be as good as my main mesage.

Why is abe being canceled when he was being given to developers and now he is being replaced by people very obscurly wanted and without any iconic background (zeus is a not so iconic villain of a game we already have very well represented). and why not focus on some of the ignored 1st party games like resistance? There are several decent options in demand that are possible, and what we are getting feels like a waste of potential.

Message 4 of 6 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Feb 27, 2013

jgunner280 wrote:

LOL! okay, I'll try to be quick but it probably wont be as good as my main mesage.

Why is abe being canceled when he was being given to developers and now he is being replaced by people very obscurly wanted and without any iconic background (zeus is a not so iconic villain of a game we already have very well represented). and why not focus on some of the ignored 1st party games like resistance? There are several decent options in demand that are possible, and what we are getting feels like a waste of potential.

Zeus is actually very well known if you have played GoW and many people know who he is when you see him and he is more Iconic then some (*cough* Radic *cough*) 

I agree I am still angry at no Res rep, however be grateful who you get and if you don't like them dont buy them 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 5 of 6 (143 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Feb 27, 2013
I don't know how the hell Zeus gets in before a chimera. Resistance: Fall of Man was the first game I got and is still my favourite game on the ps3 today. It astonishes how this low blow Zeus character gets in before a resistance rep.

Don't try that argument "oh well resistance had been represented in stages and items" that's bs. I'd take a character from resistance over a stage and item anyday.

Yea, I'm mad!
Message 6 of 6 (95 Views)
0 Likes