Splicer
77 posts

Re: Why I Might Not Buy This Game

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2012

TheGoldenMonky5 wrote:

Get better at it, he is saying he is annoyed by The Radec Spammers, when you can simply dodge them or grab Radec to knock his Ap out. This game is about strategy if it frustrates you that bad, then don't go online because if this game gets competitive players like Melee well then were all pretty much screwed..and if you get bored with it then quit playing it so much...give it some rest...

Since reading comprehension seems to not be your forte, let me try to break down what I said a little more to your level.

1.  The main thrust of my post was not a complaint about Radec spammers.  I was pointing out some inherrent flaws in the current build that takes the fun out of the game, like certain level 3's being vastly unbalanced.  Notice I only mentioned Radec and Sly's level 3, since Kratos' level is dodgeable, whereas Radec and Sly's are not, unless you are Sly yourself and can be invisible. 

2.  Also, since you did mention Radec spammers, saying "just get better," is stupid.  Read my post again and see how I mention the difficulty of disrupting a tactic like Radec's when you have two other people trying to pound on you, ontop of a Radec who is constantly rolling and running and then snipping.  You can chase him across the screen, but IF he is a good Radec, he will know how to roll well and all he has to do is hit you once with his gun move to send you half way across the screen (or all the way across the screen if he knows how to combo with his sniper).  Like I said, this becomes tiring, because if you did get knocked back across the screen, depending on who you are using, it can take a good 20 secs to try work your way back across the screen, if another oponent doesn't lock you up first. 

Further, the advice, "just throw him" is as simple as telling a baseball player to "just hit a home run."  If a Radec knows what he is doing, throwing him becomes a chore.  NOTICE, how I am talking about players WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING, NOT SCRUBS.

3.  I know a little thing about fighting games, as I have been playing them for almost 25 years now, since Street Fighter 1 in the arcades.  I'm aware of what the competitive scene is like for those games, but I am also aware of things like balance issues and how most players, especially the ones who compete, will flock to the characters with the most "natural" advantages, llike great supers, great AP gain and great normals with high priority.   People say that once the full 20 man roster comes out there will be more diversity of characters, BUT, if there are imbalanced characters, it will become like Street Fighter IV was online for a long time, where 75% online will be using these imbalanced characters.

4.  All these issues are coupled by lag.  I don't know how many times I try to jump over Radec's level 2 and it shows me well out of the range of the attack, only to die.  Same with Sly and Radec's level 3.  I am older, I have a wife and kids, and they do not play video games; online is very important to people like me, and there are people like me.

Anyway, the point of my post, which went over your head, was to point out that certain aspects of the game are making a guy who was a diehard fan of this game rethink his purchase, since some of the glaring issues are starting to wear on him.  If you don't like it, get better at understanding and respect and stop coming around here anymore.   I am not a troll or someone who has a chip on his shoulder about this game, I am a FAN and have had this game pre-ordered since E3 and follow multiple different forums for this game.  I think my opinion should matter a little bit, since Superbot wants to sell as many games as they can and if they start losing fans, then they are in trouble.

/rant

Message 21 of 31 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 3, 2012

TheGoldenMonky5 wrote:

We don't care, get off these forums then...
GIFSoup
GIFSoup Go on and leave if you really feel like that.

Average fanboy reaction.

Message 22 of 31 (143 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Nov 3, 2012
Sly's level three isn't op at all. You have to get hella lucky to more than 3. And yes you can dodge Radec's level 3...
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 23 of 31 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Nov 3, 2012

ghost_nappa4 wrote:
Sly's level three isn't op at all. You have to get hella lucky to more than 3. And yes you can dodge Radec's level 3...

I see people get 5 kills on average with Sly's level 3. 

Show me a video of someone dodging Radec's level 3.

Message 24 of 31 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Nov 3, 2012

RedWaltz79 wrote:

ghost_nappa4 wrote:

I see people get 5 kills on average with Sly's level 3. 

Show me a video of someone dodging Radec's level 3.

I see people dodge Sly's level 3 with ease, just use the air dodge.

I hardly ever see Radec get a level 3 so I can't say anything about him.

Message 25 of 31 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1266 posts

Nov 3, 2012

I'm still getting this game and I love Crash, Spyro, Super Smash Bros, etc. It's just that some of you fools on this forum kill the hype for others of not getting the game. Regardless of characters that I want in so bad who are not setting to appear, I will still respect this game and buy it, but people really won't buy this game cause of some of you all, Nintendo fanboys, or Third-Party fan boys.

photo Vigor_murder_of_crows_zps5759709e.gif
Message 26 of 31 (103 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Nov 3, 2012

Raygirl22 wrote:

I'm Not getting this game for Many reasons as well...

Heart RAYMAN'S SEXXXXXXXXXXXY GIRL FOREVER Heart

I can only count one reason though xD

Anyways to OP, if you don't know how to defend someone from getting a level 3, then this game just isn't for you, obviously.

This is how most of your games will be. You will get beat up and then you'll ragequit.

Don't get the game, because I will hate players like you, leaving just because you "know" people will get 5-6 kills with a lvl 3.

Message 27 of 31 (98 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Nov 3, 2012

yea this game is going to be awful for more than just that, the roster size, the selection, how they implemented everything, the stupid chibi minions, and alot of other reasons. The second character reveal is what sucked the hype out of the game for me and then everything after that went down hill....

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 28 of 31 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 3, 2012

The roster balance is only bad for people who will bother going online.

I'm staying offline. Screw people.

Message 29 of 31 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Nov 3, 2012

SniperWolf323 wrote:

yea this game is going to be awful for more than just that, the roster size, the selection, how they implemented everything, the stupid chibi minions, and alot of other reasons. The second character reveal is what sucked the hype out of the game for me and then everything after that went down hill....

Get over yourself.

Message 30 of 31 (65 Views)
0 Likes