Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 03 2012
By: RedWaltz79 Splicer 77 posts

Why I Might Not Buy This Game

30 replies 551 views Edited Nov 3, 2012

I have been pretty excited about this game since they first announced it.  I have followed every piece of news released with great anticipation.  That said, I was extremely estatic when they released the open beta and I have been playing it everyday for the last two weeks plus now.  At this point, I am contemplating whether I actually may want to buy this game now after playing the beta.  The game is fun, very fun, but certain things are just wearing on me.

For one, I am getting really worn out on the level 3 supers of Sly and Radec.  Radec's level 3 is virtually impossible to dodge unless the person using Radec is physically or mentally handicapped in some way.  And, if they are handicapped, they still get 5 kills on average.  You can't roll through it, you can't outrun the reticule.  It is just silly.  Also, Sly's level 3 has such a huge hitbox and lasts for such a long time that it becomes virtually impossible to dodge it also as it kills everything that even has a pixel in its shooting box.  Coupled with the online lag, it just sucks.  As a result, in a lot of matches it just becomes a race to get to level 3 for these guys and it really isn't that hard to do, given the chaos of a FFA.  It only takes one less than stellar player to be in a FFA match for a Radec to abuse his sniper on or a Sly to abuse his rolling ball on.  

I find myself so tired of this, that I end up just quitting a match whenever a Radec pops a level 3 because I know he will be getting 5-6 kills and it just sucks the fun out of the game.  It shouldn't be that easy to get so many kills, when guys like Sweet Tooth, who don't use a level 3, have to work for their kills.

Also, things like Radec's sniper gun and Kratos' crazy hitbox, range, and move priority, with fast AP gain just sort of take the fun out of matches.  Sure, you can beat these guys with the right strategies, but it just has become tiresome to me to chase a Radec around the screen as he rolls and blocks, in some instances sending me halfway back accross the screen, or, in the case of Kratos, having him grab me from a mile away or watch him have invincibility frames with his moves against all of mine.

The game is fun, but some things are just becoming tiresome already and now I am questioning whether I even want to buy the game.  Granted, I don't know how much has changed since this beta build was made and the final build, but this beta is suppose to provide a good first impression to make me want to buy the game... some of these ANNOYING things leave a sour taste in my mouth at the end of the night.

Sorry for the long rant, but I just wanted to air some stuff on my mind.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 31 (551 Views)
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Re: Why I Might Not Buy This Game

Nov 3, 2012

I'm Not getting this game for Many reasons as well...

:heart: RAYMAN'S SEXXXXXXXXXXXY GIRL FOREVER :heart:

RAYMAN'S GIRL/LOVER/WIFE/STALKER/ADMIRER 3333333333
My Account on Anivide!!!
http://www.anivide.com/user/Sexygamergirl

A GAMER.
A COSPLAYER
A FUN AND FRIENDLY ALSO HYPER GIRL.
REMEMBER THIS FOREVER.........
I AM A FOREVER RAYMAN FANGIRL AND GAMER.
A JIM CARRY FAN
I LOVE & SUPPORT THE FRENCH AND UK ACCENTS AND COUNTRY.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 31 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 3, 2012
don't worry dude, i'm pretty sure that, if online is gonna be crap ('cause of lag), the offline play would still be fun,
i know i'm gonna have more fun offline than online :smileyhappy:
Play For Fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 31 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2012

We don't care, get off these forums then...
GIFSoup
GIFSoup Go on and leave if you really feel like that.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 31 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2320 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2012

RedWaltz79 wrote:

For one, I am getting really worn out on the level 3 supers of Sly and Radec.  Radec's level 3 is virtually impossible to dodge unless the person using Radec is physically or mentally handicapped in some way.  And, if they are handicapped, they still get 5 kills on average.  You can't roll through it, you can't outrun the reticule.  It is just silly.  Also, Sly's level 3 has such a huge hitbox and lasts for such a long time that it becomes virtually impossible to dodge it also as it kills everything that even has a pixel in its shooting box.  Coupled with the online lag, it just sucks.  As a result, in a lot of matches it just becomes a race to get to level 3 for these guys and it really isn't that hard to do, given the chaos of a FFA.  It only takes one less than stellar player to be in a FFA match for a Radec to abuse his sniper on or a Sly to abuse his rolling ball on.  

Isn't that what you're supposed to do?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 31 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Nov 3, 2012

RedWaltz79 wrote:

I have been pretty excited about this game since they first announced it.  I have followed every piece of news released with great anticipation.  That said, I was extremely estatic when they released the open beta and I have been playing it everyday for the last two weeks plus now.  At this point, I am contemplating whether I actually may want to buy this game now after playing the beta.  The game is fun, very fun, but certain things are just wearing on me.

I find myself so tired of this, that I end up just quitting a match whenever a Radec pops a level 3 because I know he will be getting 5-6 kills and it just sucks the fun out of the game.  It shouldn't be that easy to get so many kills, when guys like Sweet Tooth, who don't use a level 3, have to work for their kills.

Also, things like Radec's sniper gun and Kratos' crazy hitbox, range, and move priority, with fast AP gain just sort of take the fun out of matches.  Sure, you can beat these guys with the right strategies, but it just has become tiresome to me to chase a Radec around the screen as he rolls and blocks, in some instances sending me halfway back accross the screen, or, in the case of Kratos, having him grab me from a mile away or watch him have invincibility frames with his moves against all of mine.

The game is fun, but some things are just becoming tiresome already and now I am questioning whether I even want to buy the game.  Granted, I don't know how much has changed since this beta build was made and the final build, but this beta is suppose to provide a good first impression to make me want to buy the game... some of these ANNOYING things leave a sour taste in my mouth at the end of the night.

Sorry for the long rant, but I just wanted to air some stuff on my mind.

First of all, Kratos is getting nerfed (as confirmed by SB employees at LA Beatdown) so hopefully he'll be a bit more balanced.

Secondly, the beta is simply that: a beta.  So I'm sure the online lag will be much, much less (if it even exists at all) in the final product.

And finally, with the inclusion of 16 more characters in the final game I think we'll be seeing a lot less Radec's and Sly's on a regular basis in online play.  And even if we do, the other characters will add more of a variety and will possibly even help even out the amount of kills players will get by the end of the match.  I personally see characters like Raiden, Nariko, and Dante evening out the playing field.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 31 (513 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 3, 2012
why are you a cloud?
Play For Fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 31 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Nov 3, 2012

That's just the online I'm pretty sure when you get a few friends and play offline it'll be fine.

Playstation sig
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 31 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 3, 2012

OperaGhost95 wrote:

That's just the online I'm pretty sure when you get a few friends and play offline it'll be fine.

^one of the reasons why i'm getting the game,

fun 4-player offline multiplayer game,

offline multiplayer is like a dying genre man...

Play For Fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 31 (488 Views)
Fender Bender
2320 posts

Nov 3, 2012

TheGoldenMonky5 wrote:

We don't care, get off these forums then...
GIFSoup
GIFSoup Go on and leave if you really feel like that.

Uncalled for, If you have a problem with people expressing their opinions then maybe you should be the one to leave.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 31 (478 Views)