Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Re: Why Fat Princess and Evil Cole?

Nov 9, 2012
Honestly a lot of the rivals are not that great in my opinion a lot of them don't make since to me. Like Fat princess and Evil Cole, Kratos and Sweet Tooth, Radec and Sir Dan, Dante and Nariko, Good Cole and Raiden. It's not a big deal but I feel like a lot of the rivals aren't great choices.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 74 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1524 posts

Nov 9, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
Honestly a lot of the rivals are not that great in my opinion a lot of them don't make since to me. Like Fat princess and Evil Cole, Kratos and Sweet Tooth, Radec and Sir Dan, Dante and Nariko, Good Cole and Raiden. It's not a big deal but I feel like a lot of the rivals aren't great choices.

Kratos and Sweet Tooth - both created by David Jaffe and are mass-murderers

Radec and Sir Dan - soldiers

Dante and Nariko - both developed by Ninja Theory

Cole and Raiden - Raiden is Japanese for lightning, and what are Cole's powers again? :smileywink:

Those all make sense to me, although the Radec/Dan one is a slight stretch I'd say

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Raiden
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 74 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Nov 9, 2012
Easily the best rivalry

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 74 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
625 posts

Nov 9, 2012

Why not?! FP vs Evil Cole is the best rivalry in this game (imo)

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 74 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 9, 2012
Ok I still don't think they make sense just what I think. Honestly I don't think it should be based off they were both devolved by same devolper.

Kratos and Sweet Tooth: both mass murders that's it. Other wise I think it makes no sense. I feel like he should be against Nariko they are basically opposites.
Radec and Sir Dan: both solders ok. Again though completely different.
Dante and Nariko: again pretty different I think it should be Dante vs Raiden.
Cole and Raiden: I honestly would have done good Cole evil Cole. No offenses the whole lighting thing is beyond dumb.

As you can see I think it should have gone by the fighting styles that match well. Not by devolpers or reasons that barely make sense. Like I said I'm ok with it in the sense I don't care much and it won't effect that I love the game. I just think it could have been better.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 74 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 9, 2012
Kratos against Nariko to clarify.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 74 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
417 posts

Nov 9, 2012
Cole is hungry finds cake on the ground and fat princess belly bumps him then he gets mad

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 74 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
723 posts

Nov 9, 2012
I think the answr here is pretty simple if you think about it: Good vs. Evil.

Fat Princess is all nice, eatin' cake and being happy-go-lucky while Evil Cole is . .. well, evil. FP being so happy probably pisses him off.

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 74 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Nov 9, 2012
@Twisted, if you think about it, fighting style wise, the matchups are fantastic. For example, Radec is a long range combat style while Dan is up close. Both have to think of ways to really get in on the opposition and get some kills. Kratos accels in rundown and pressure but has a lot of moves that are unsafe, especially against sweet tooths punishing style. I know. I ran ST in the beta and despite his chain grab, Kratos falls for a lot of traps and mind games. Adversely, sweet tooth isn't good at handling Kratos' mid range pressure and is easily comboed off mistakes. Nariko and Dante are both combo heavy with Dante having more ranged options thanks to the guns and Nariko having more area of effect type attacks that can catch Dante off guard.

In the WNF stream, Seth said that Cole's strongest point is avoiding getting killed, not actually getting kills. Compare that to what we know about raiden and we have opposing playstyles yet again. These match ups make a lot of sense when you think about them gameplay wise rather than comical story wise. Each one is polar opposites almost. Rather than watch Nariko and Kratos go at it and be fairly even, I'd enjoy a match where there are difficulties that I have to think around. Even sack boy with his unconventional zoning style versus big daddy with super armor and rushdown makes a lot of sense to me.

Just my 2 cents.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 74 (297 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 9, 2012
@Fear4TheHero47 I get what you saying but I still think it should have been like Raiden and Dante two swords men with heavy combos and so on as I was getting at like Jak and Daxter and Ratchet & Clank it to me makes perfect sense.
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 74 (281 Views)
0 Likes